+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Love at first cast/hit/heal

Default Love at first cast/hit/heal

Hi

It is obvious that everyone is trying out pretty much every calling/soul and soul combination and while some players might base their final decision in the live game upon the effectiveness of a soul, there are some other people who just "fall in love" with a soul.

I am not talking about "This soul has good dps/healing/etc so I'm gonnna roll that"

I am talking about "YEAH BABY, this is the way I roll, this is me, I feel amazing while playing this soul! And I don't care that it's not the best dps/tank/healer I LOVE IT!"

The passion! I hope you guys know what I am trying to describe here without sounding cheesy

In my case, it's the Elementalist. When I went into Gloamwood for solo adventuring and tried out a deep ele build for the first time, I felt "the love". Mini tank pet, nice overall damage, the gadgets of the ele tree like Ice Shield, root, fire aoe + the pasisves combined with Stormcaller and Domi, I knew very soon : This is what I want to play.

I am curious about the others : Which soul or soul combination made your "yeah baby" moment ?

Soulwalker

I haven't tried it yet but I think for me it will be Shaman/Druid/Justicar or some kind of Reaver/Beastmaster combo

Telaran

Default Meters

The thing that will ruin our own personal uniqueness will be if we allow DPS and Healing meters in the game. I know from personal experience that when we used Healing meters in WoW it changed the way I played completely. Yes I was almost always top healer and way down on the over healing, but I was not playing in my relaxed own way like I was before I put the meters on. I was always trying to be top. I really hope to not feel that added and unnecessary pressure again.

I've been following this game since my join date, the very first thing I look at when researching new games the Rogue classes, started MMO's with DAoC at release. Fell in love with the Nightshade and played it for years.

So when I look at the Rogue list and see Nightblade I think.... oooo baby.

I read up on the skills and see that it's uncanny to a Nightshade in terms of "lore of the skills." (i know that makes no sense, but just go with it).

For example, the Nightshade was an assassin with magic DD's to use in combat. Names of these spells were Twilight Strike, Dusk Strike, Nightstrike.... etc...

I've basically followed this class since the beginning and have died to try it out, and when i did... I almost cried like an asian school girl.

I know it's a tad far-fetched and most won't understand but this is my kind of Rogue class.... I mean it ****ing throws flaming daggers! Then sets you ablaze...

then all of a sudden sucks your soul from you .

I can literally say, Trion just collected a percentage of each of my paychecks for a long long long time, and that worries me.

I've not had this much fun in an MMO... once I grew out of DAoC, I had a long F2P phase because I just couldn't find anything to fill that DAoC void.
    Then went to play DAoC Freeshards.... was a blast and FREE!

now i'm rambling....
    Last edited by Skyline; 02-13-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Bard. bard. Im a bard.

I also happen to naturally be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I've been following this game since my join date, the very first thing I look at when researching new games the Rogue classes, started MMO's with DAoC at release. Fell in love with the Nightshade and played it for years.

So when I look at the Rogue list and see Nightblade I think.... oooo baby.

I read up on the skills and see that it's uncanny to a Nightshade in terms of "lore of the skills." (i know that makes no sense, but just go with it).

For example, the Nightshade was an assassin with magic DD's to use in combat. Names of these spells were Twilight Strike, Dusk Strike, Nightstrike.... etc...

I've basically followed this class since the beginning and have died to try it out, and when i did... I almost cried like an asian school girl.

I know it's a tad far-fetched and most won't understand but this is my kind of Rogue class.... I mean it ****ing throws flaming daggers! Then sets you ablaze...

then all of a sudden sucks your soul from you .

I can literally say, Trion just collected a percentage of each of my paychecks for a long long long time, and that worries me.

I've not had this much fun in an MMO... once I grew out of DAoC, I had a long F2P phase because I just couldn't find anything to fill that DAoC void.
    Then went to play DAoC Freeshards.... was a blast and FREE!

now i'm rambling....
    I totally understand what you are talking about
    I played classes in DAoC that are not to be found here in that way but i try to build a minstrel char first and will maybe later make a Smite Cleric Theme type of thing

Edit:
    To OP, Bard. Not even played it yet but read all about it, saw every video...Bard is like anything with bacon, like finding more ice cream in the fridge when you thought you ran out....just....awesome
    Last edited by Mucera; 02-13-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Soulwalker

Im gonna be a Pyromancer, decided that before i had even tried a single soul in the game. Took me about 2min of playing one to realise it was the right choise. I LOVE killing stuff with fire, nothing beats throwing around fireballs.

Believe it or not, think what you want of the class, but I just fell in love with the Warlord

Quote Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
    The thing that will ruin our own personal uniqueness will be if we allow DPS and Healing meters in the game. I know from personal experience that when we used Healing meters in WoW it changed the way I played completely. Yes I was almost always top healer and way down on the over healing, but I was not playing in my relaxed own way like I was before I put the meters on. I was always trying to be top. I really hope to not feel that added and unnecessary pressure again.
    I agree with you here, same thing with me and my Warlock in WoW. I loved the concept of the class, I loved having more HP than the mages thus I survived (playing since early Vanilla) and I was even famous for that and my Demonology build which was back then very niche.

And then came the DPS meters... I felt pressured, and I felt watched by the raid leaders. "Do more dps" "Thats not the EXPECTED dps average, do more" "pump it, pump it" That unique feeling is long gone now, that - more than anything destroyed the PvE experience for me. Even though raid awareness is more important to my current guild, that DPS meter "seed" has been planted deeply and I hope to find that unique "oh baby" feeling in RIFT again

My Druid/Warden/Shaman combo! For some reason it feels like I can do no wrong with that setup.
    Esoteric @Faeblight
    Support Your Local Chloromancer

At the moment I'm loving my main spec Assasin Rogue. For me the play of them is really fluid and at the same time slightly more difficult than I'm used too with the rogue.

Definitely going to be playing either a Shaman build or Riftblade. Sorry to drop the "W-Bomb" but I love the playstyle of Enhancement Shaman from World of.....nevermind I'm not going to say it.
    I plan on starting a guild and fixing up my current guild site to feel more Rift-like. Currently it's very WoW-ish.
    GoodAndy - Unpwnables
    Check out the Unpwnables website!
    Feel free to contact me if you'd like a website for your guild.

Bard all the way, loved it from day one.

-Yevon

Shadowlander

Inquisitor/Warden/Sent
    The first time I came upon three enemies guarding a flag and kicked two off the side of a cliff with knockbacks and then smoked the Chloromancer that was left and then took the objective......that was it. I also love the bolt of depravity insta cast off crit.
    I also want to try my 44/22 paly/champ build. Lots of utility and decent dmg (I'm hoping).

Default DoH!

I was going the same route as you, Gonzaga. Except my build is going to be Inquis/sent/warden.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast