+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Technomages? A Defiant class?

Default Technomages? A Defiant class?

Hi, so I was watching a episode of Noob (A french TV show about MMO) where I seen a Technomage. That made me think of Rift. Eth do have Magitechnician. And with the Callings, we could really see some sort of Technomage. We already have Saboteur for the rogue who kinda look like one... but not really.
    Any chance to see some class who use Magic AND technology together? Some sort of MagiCyborg Soul?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rubius View Post
    Hi, so I was watching a episode of Noob (A french TV show about MMO) where I seen a Technomage. That made me think of Rift. Eth do have Magitechnician. And with the Callings, we could really see some sort of Technomage. We already have Saboteur for the rogue who kinda look like one... but not really.
    Any chance to see some class who use Magic AND technology together? Some sort of MagiCyborg Soul?
    I doubt you see any Faction specific souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimatus View Post
    I doubt you see any Faction specific souls.
    I know, but this would make the faction choice a little bit more heavy. Also, why not? Why not a Intercalling soul that every calling can use or something like that?
    Or maybe just make it a Faction Profession? Like, Defiants get Technomagic and Guardians get Prayers?
    Prayers would give some gift or buff from the gods to the Guardian who practice it, while Defiant use the Technomagic to get more physical bonus. Like lets say that Guardians use a Prayers to boost his Fireball spell skill to make more AOE damage. A Defiant could use his Technomagic to transform a weapon to do the same type of effect, or some device.
    Kinda like Runes in WoW affect the spells and skills.

You can see Defiants and factions in their vicinity using constructs all the time. There could probably be a Summoner-like construct class but it would kind of unbalance the game.

Yes, perhaps there could be a special skillset individual from the normal soul trees which could amplify your abilities based on blessings/technology but you could already say all the current buffs to skills are BECAUSE of blessings/technology :P
    S♥NE | 소원 | Malaysian

Quote Originally Posted by Gnash View Post
    You can see Defiants and factions in their vicinity using constructs all the time. There could probably be a Summoner-like construct class but it would kind of unbalance the game.

Yes, perhaps there could be a special skillset individual from the normal soul trees which could amplify your abilities based on blessings/technology but you could already say all the current buffs to skills are BECAUSE of blessings/technology :P
    Yeah, but it would be cool to see them expend on the idea that Defiant are Technology superior than Guardians, while Guardians have the favor of the gods.

Guardians also use and develop technology. The only difference is the sourcestone burning magitech that allows special capabilities like time travel.
    Role play text is colored red

Quote Originally Posted by Seekwhence View Post
    Guardians also use and develop technology. The only difference is the sourcestone burning magitech that allows special capabilities like time travel.
    Guardians think that Sourcestone should be used only by Gods and not by humans. While Defiant use it widely. Which broke the seal of Ragnaros. Sure Guardian use basic Technology, but nothing really hardcore like Time Travel or Teleportation.

Little Bump

Telaran

I kind of agree, it'd be neat to see a soul for defiants that was some kind of techno mage. This is emphasized by the abundance of constructs running around defiant towns. It'd be nice to see a soul that actually made use of the constructs, similar to an elementalist.

One way to do this without removing balance is to add a new calling to each faction - technomages for Defiants and some kind of Holyman/woman for Guardians. Each is built with the same souls/skills but with different appearances (Defiant technomages have the ability to make constructs, whereas Guardians can summon holy ghosts or some such).

I think it'd fit nicely into the lore too.

WTB more quasi-magical steampunk content. That is all.
    Originally Posted by Kalvix
    Omg stop with this crap! WoW is a clone of EQ and earlier MMOs and completely ripped off all their ideas if you want to put it like that! also the entire warcraft idea is a rip off of warhammer! blizzard tried to buy the rights to warhammer from games workshop failed then made starcraft and warcraft and somehow didn't get sued! So if anything is a clone is WoW! its a huge clone rip off of warhammer which copied lotr which copied folk lore!

Quote Originally Posted by dchaosblade View Post
    I kind of agree, it'd be neat to see a soul for defiants that was some kind of techno mage. This is emphasized by the abundance of constructs running around defiant towns. It'd be nice to see a soul that actually made use of the constructs, similar to an elementalist.

One way to do this without removing balance is to add a new calling to each faction - technomages for Defiants and some kind of Holyman/woman for Guardians. Each is built with the same souls/skills but with different appearances (Defiant technomages have the ability to make constructs, whereas Guardians can summon holy ghosts or some such).

I think it'd fit nicely into the lore too.
    Well I suggested some kind of "Profession", like Defiants could get this Technomage profession who would work kinda like Engineering in WoW, while the Guardian get some kind of Prayers or Gift who would affect your ability for a short time.
    Both would have some kind of Mount related to it. Like the Technomage get a construct to ride on, while the Guardian can summon a Pegasus or a Unicorn which are only usable by the creator or prayer.

That would give alot more distinction between Guardian and Defiant.

Plane Touched

It occurs to me that, the way Rift works, it wouldn't be all that hard to introduce additional souls. However, it'll probably be quite some time after release until we see any.

Telaran

Is that something like the TechnoViking?

Quote Originally Posted by madddmikey View Post
    Nope its more awesome

Quote Originally Posted by madddmikey View Post
    That'd be the Defiant Warrior new soul. ;D I'd totally play a VoidViking

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast