+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue class overpopulation?

Default Rogue class overpopulation?

I know its not the 'for sure' thing to go by, but why does rogues have almost double the posts of other classes in the forums? I was thinking of making a rogue for ranged dps and support roles, but I never liked being the class that 50% of the population played.

Doesnt help that in a few topics i read about what people will be playing it seemed every other response was some soul of rogue. I should probably play what i like but that nagging mentality of being useful and unique is always in the back of my mind lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer View Post
    I know its not the 'for sure' thing to go by, but why does rogues have almost double the posts of other classes in the forums? I was thinking of making a rogue for ranged dps and support roles, but I never liked being the class that 50% of the population played.

Doesnt help that in a few topics i read about what people will be playing it seemed every other response was some soul of rogue. I should probably play what i like but that nagging mentality of being useful and unique is always in the back of my mind lol.
    Because the have had at least one "OP spec" or another at every stage of beta so far. And everyone likes to go and qq about it in the rogue forums.

Telaran

The QQing about Saboteurs and Marksman is SURGING!!!

I played on Belmont shard so far in Beta and while rogues do seem to be prevalent, it didn't seem like they were close to 50% of the population. I'd say go with what you enjoy playing. The different callings have different play styles as well as the different soul combinations giving you the option to perform different roles in a group/raid. If you haven't had the opportunity to play yet, try them out and see which you prefer.

5/5 GS, 5/5 ROS, 11/11 HK, 4/8 ID. Check us out at www.sunder-guild.com

Rift Disciple

While it might not be an actual 50% population of rogues, most warfronts I was in had around 50% of both teams being rogues. Rogues are definitely the most played class by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaevicti View Post
    While it might not be an actual 50% population of rogues, most warfronts I was in had around 50% of both teams being rogues. Rogues are definitely the most played class by far.
    I had this same feeling when playing.

And while there's 9 souls and 9^whatever builds, it's still kind of disheartening to see.

Plane Walker

Rogues have 3 of the most popular class types right now.

They have a stealth assassin type. They have a ranger type. And they have a bard type.

Rogues right now imo seem to have the most flexibility between specs they can choose. They are just missing a good healing spec.

Doesn;t mean they are overpowered or anything, just means they just have a large draw.
    Last edited by leafs43; 02-12-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer View Post

Based on total posts/threads it is about 35% of total class posts/threads, when ideally it should be 25%, not bad but still probably will be the most popular class.
    Last edited by Projections; 02-12-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Ascendant

Nothing more than a of kids who wanna go invisible or be legolas combined with the bads who roll the most powerful FOTM classes (bard,sab,MM,)

Shadowlander

Jaym... do you hate everybody?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Prysm View Post
    Jaym... do you hate everybody?
    not at all, i like you

Shadowlander

lol.... good, just checkin!! Now time to go drink until open Beta!!

Ascendant

i went out last night just trying to keep up with my 30 posts a day.

Rogues can do everything.
    They can heal.
    They can tank.
    They can melee dps.
    They can ranged dps.

Rogues are the most popular class because they have the classic ranger souls, rogue souls, and they even have support and tank souls.

Best ranged dps souls? Rogue

Best ranged aoe/debuff/support souls? Rogue

Stealth and gank? Rogue

Second huge nerf to warlord best tank soul now? Rogue

Rogues are also the most outspoken QQers when it comes to other classes dps. Warriors are equal or better than us at times please nerf etc. We also get to hear the ZOMG! I stunned this guy for a couple secs and he healzed up yo and I couldn't kill them before the stun wore off!

Yes I have a rogue among other classes and yes they are fotm and overpopulated in game. People will gravitate to classes with good souls and rogues have them in spades compared to the others. It's Trion's problem not ours we just play the game.
    Last edited by Baconnaise; 02-12-2011 at 05:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast