+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 51 Point Builds

Xes
    Telaran

Default 51 Point Builds

Who is actually thinking of going 51 points in one soul?

I never had the intention but...

Plane Walker

Classes that improve based on point investments will probably be focused on, like Riftstalker. Some of the 51 point abilities in general aren't impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Classes that improve based on point investments will probably be focused on, like Riftstalker. Some of the 51 point abilities in general aren't impressive.
    I dunno Paladin looks nice

Fill an area with Life energy. All party members within the area have incoming damage reduced by 10% in addition to healing 100% of the Warrior's maximum Health over 6 seconds. This ability is not affected by the global cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Charblecher View Post
    I dunno Paladin looks nice

Fill an area with Life energy. All party members within the area have incoming damage reduced by 10% in addition to healing 100% of the Warrior's maximum Health over 6 seconds. This ability is not affected by the global cooldown.
    It is quite nice, but at the same time, it feels really situational. Might be worth having a spec that includes it incase you run into a fight with massive amounts of AoE damage, but as a general spec choice, it's seems like the fluff points you have to spend to get it might be better spent on the other souls.

Ascendant

i will be trying out 51 into riftblade with 15 into reaver

Default It depends

Well first of all you cant set 51 points in one soul... Like if you are lvl 20 you can only set 20 points in each soul.. So you cant set 51 points because the max lvl is 50. Well that being said. It all depends on what you want.. RIFT is made so every single soul combination can be used, and no soul combination is better than other.. Maybe if you want to be a healer i can recommend that you set a lot of points in Warden, but as i told you before it all depends on your playing style.
    Why is RIFT so addicting?

I would probably play around with 51 point builds. I think going full necro would be fun for role play.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nilushini View Post
    Well first of all you cant set 51 points in one soul... Like if you are lvl 20 you can only set 20 points in each soul.. So you cant set 51 points because the max lvl is 50. Well that being said. It all depends on what you want.. RIFT is made so every single soul combination can be used, and no soul combination is better than other.. Maybe if you want to be a healer i can recommend that you set a lot of points in Warden, but as i told you before it all depends on your playing style.
    wat - 10 chars

Ascendant

How do you propose you get the 51 point abilities if you cant go 51 points into a tree?

Rift Chaser

it's just there to look purdy obv - it's amazing how people have no issues throwing out some words as fact without just checking themselves 1st if not sure.
    Last edited by PotRoast; 02-12-2011 at 01:46 PM.

lol. Wow. Denmark.. making Americans appear smarter every day!

Shadowlander

A. While it's true that during the beta events we haven't been able to put 51 points into a single tree because of the level limit, I'm pretty confident that at max level we'll be able to put 51 points in a tree. I realize that you can't put more points in that your level, but you'd have to have never played a video game before to not be confident that there will be a way to get that extra point in there by endgame.

B. No soul combination is better than any other? Well it depends on how you spend your points. I can make some pretty useless builds, trust me. In certain situations, one combination will always be better than another. Let's just hope there's enough variety so that we need more than one "best dps" build. Hopefully, there will be a few viable fire dps builds, a couple viable death dps builds, etc...

In a dungeon, for instance, where everything is resistant to fire, a pyro might not be the way to go. I think this is why they are going to allow more than one role per character.

I'll probably have a role that's 51 into Warlock. I don't see me going 51 into any other souls. I'd like to 51 into Necro but it's just got too many worthless talents.

The champion one is really good. I'm caught between Riftblade (7) / Champion (32) / beastmaster (27)

OR

Riftblade (0) / Champion (51) / beastmaster (15)

The 51 point talent for champions is really really good: While in this martial trance all abilities that consume Attack Points have their damage increased by 35%, in addition to granting an Attack Point. Only one Bearing can be active at a time. Lasts 1 hour. Note that talented this ability goes from 35 to 50% DMG

Has anyone actually tested any of this?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    lol. Wow. Denmark.. making Americans appear smarter every day!
    Every nation has their fair amount of idiots.
    Xatoshi 29 rogue -saboteur/nightblade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast