+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nerfs?

Default Nerfs?

Is it possible to have a "Nerf" in a game while its in its Beta?? Just wondering cause I thought Beta was still a testing phase and these "Nerfs" are more like "Adjustments", although I could be wrong....

Ascendant

i agree. people whining they got "nerfed" is just bads trying to find the most OP FOTM soul to play at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastn View Post
    Is it possible to have a "Nerf" in a game while its in its Beta?? Just wondering cause I thought Beta was still a testing phase and these "Nerfs" are more like "Adjustments", although I could be wrong....
    There are no nerfs in beta. It's all adjustments and balancing.
    That said, I really hope they get everything done and setup before headstart, because once Headstart begins and something about a class/soul is changed, it will be a nerf and noone likes nerfs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastn View Post
    A lot of folks like to get into this discussion. It's semantics, really. To be honest, at this point in "Beta", I'd be more inclined to consider it a nerf, but there are up and down changes to classes in all MMOs from patch to patch throughout the life of the game. It's just the way it goes.
    Last edited by Dwarflord; 02-12-2011 at 12:48 PM.

The only thing the game being in beta changes is... nothing. There are still "buffs" and "nerfs", as certain things are given additional power or lessened in strength.

And since it's 2011 and post-release patching and balance adjustments are status quo... yeah, the beta is just a way to get everything as close to perfect as possible before the release date.

If only we could nerf all these whiney baddies who plague these forums with their suck.

+ Reply to Thread