+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else hate rogues?

Exclamation Does anybody else hate rogues?

I hate rogues when i'm playing in a warfront.

I hate playing against them, because they just use stealth and even if you see them you cant actually target them because it just detargets them. So they just become a totally ******* and camp by the objectives on the codex.

Because there are so many rogues, it turned out that I was once on a warfront team where I was the only mage, the rest of my team were rogues, we only got 4 points.

So too many rogues is bad and one on there own is just ridiculous.

Maybe put a limit on how many of each calling can be on one side of a warfront?

What are your views?
    Sex is for people who can't afford xbox live membership
    CPU-Intel Core 2 Quad (2.5ghz)
    GPU-Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX
    RAM-4GB DDR3
    Custom build your PC for ultimate performance!

I love rogues! ....when they are on my team and bards....

really compliments my cleric heals very well.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=420506&dateline=12965  21923

This post is full of whine... im gonna grab a glass if thats ok

Soulwalker

Been thinking that rogues look like more fun than cleric and might try one in open beta.

Rift Disciple

Use aoe skills when close to a rouge then place a DoT on him.
    I dont hate rouges, i dont like clerics who dont want to heal in WF even when we NEED that healing. But that is the attitude i have problem with, not the class.

Im a warrior so they cant kill me while stunlock either, so I dont have problems when they try to kill me.
    I hated rouges when I was mage in other MMO's too, i know how you feel. But this is rock paper scissor, and rouge is the rock, your the scissor.

But targetting-detargeting is frustrating, that is true, Trion should fix that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway6288 View Post

I hate playing against them, because they just use stealth and even if you see them you cant actually target them because it just detargets them. So they just become a totally ******* and camp by the objectives on the codex.

Because there are so many rogues, it turned out that I was once on a warfront team where I was the only mage, the rest of my team were rogues, we only got 4 points.

What are your views?
    Considering theres only another 3 to choose from and 4 in total, theres going to be alot of each, as any class in any MMO game. To be more constructive though, I'd say you just got unlucky with the ammount of them in it.
    Sometimes, the stuff on TV is that boring and crap that I feel like sitting ontop of it and watching the couch instead.

http://www.ipix.lt/images/56993233.jpg

I still got more whine in my box, beat that! :>

Default Rogues :/

I kinda don't like rogues too. When you can't see your enemy it's not any fun, but it is very fun to be a rogue It is good that Rift is a game that have many types of rogues, so it wont be that bad

Soulwalker

I thought that the stealth having a timer on it was a great decision. having only 30s of stealth makes the rogue have to do something....playing lotro and having a burg sit in stealth the whole time reall really sucks. I also like that bards can "see" them, when playing a bard i have knocked a lot of rogues out of steath that have then been lit up.....Rogues could be much more of a pain, rift has done a great job with them.

Rift Disciple

i thought a rogues job was to be sneaky sneaky?

Plane Walker

I'm glad you hate me, makes me your prime target ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Conway6288 View Post

What are your views?
    Did you try the somewhat gimped beastmaster soul to find out if it works, if it's chance to detect hidden helps? I forgot to test that out last beta.
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Perunga View Post
    But this is rock paper scissor, and rouge is the rock, your the scissor.
    No, no, no. Rogues are scissor, Mages are paper.

Rogues are my favorite calling in this game, especially Bards and Bladedancers. Followed closely by Cleric's Shaman and Justicar.
    Last edited by Rhun86; 02-12-2011 at 12:12 PM.

you just have to have a gameplan and be prepared for them. people always hate stealth classes just for the fact that they're pesky and made to hit and run. seems like a good idea would to be to roll a class that easily counters them since there's inevitably going to be a ton of them at release.

yes... in this game and in all games, and usually my motto is the people who play rogues are rogues in real life.

i always notice the rogue/ "melee deepz" boards on any game are always more hostile than the healer forums which tend to always be the most docile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast