+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why are people crying about classes already?

Default Why are people crying about classes already?

I'm really sick already why people insist in crying about classes already when:

A) The game is still in BETA and the final stage of BETA has not been released yet
    B) The game is probably balanced at end-game content, like alot of MMOs, which nobody can or has experienced yet

All this does is remind me of WoW forums of nerf class X and buff ability Y. You cannot predict the outcome of endgame content, as anyone with a brain and that has played MMOs (WoW in particular) will know that leveling is totally different for endgame content.

Now, PLEASE stop making QQ posts and just let the Devs do their jobs, and wait to see the game at level 50. As I have said, all this reminds me of WoW, and we all know how crap the community is over there. I do not want to see the same type of stuff there is here thats over there, another reason why I decided to stop playing the damn game.

Thanks if you read this, and maybe it'll make people think twice about making QQ posts, but probably it won't since the people that do make them are usually arrogant, self-centered d*cks.
    Sometimes, the stuff on TV is that boring and crap that I feel like sitting ontop of it and watching the couch instead.

Soulwalker

Raiding =/= PvP

If you will look, a lot of these posts are from the PvP standpoint.
    Whining early is usually better than whining late. Especially during the Beta stage.

And you must remember, many WoW fanbois are here right now (especially since the game is essentially F2P). So of course they are going to bring their attitude with them.

Just ignore it and continue providing constructive feedback.

Yeah, I understand their from a PvP PoV. But mostly, people can't see from other's PoVs because they've not played every class, tested out certain abilities, and not saw what their like at endgame.

So what I'm trying to say still stands. Let the Devs balance out things, and stop trying to balance out the game the way only you feel it should be. That is a great deal of what ruined WoW alot, many people crying about class X etc. Ofcourse, thats not to say if your getting say 1-2 shotted by an instant ability with no cooldown or whatever, not to say something about it. Just do so in a constructive manner. But generally thats not thats the case.
    Sometimes, the stuff on TV is that boring and crap that I feel like sitting ontop of it and watching the couch instead.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Heytar View Post

A) The game is still in BETA and the final stage of BETA has not been released yet
    B) The game is probably balanced at end-game content, like alot of MMOs, which nobody can or has experienced yet

All this does is remind me of WoW forums of nerf class X and buff ability Y. You cannot predict the outcome of endgame content, as anyone with a brain and that has played MMOs (WoW in particular) will know that leveling is totally different for endgame content.

Now, PLEASE stop making QQ posts and just let the Devs do their jobs, and wait to see the game at level 50. As I have said, all this reminds me of WoW, and we all know how crap the community is over there. I do not want to see the same type of stuff there is here thats over there, another reason why I decided to stop playing the damn game.

Thanks if you read this, and maybe it'll make people think twice about making QQ posts, but probably it won't since the people that do make them are usually arrogant, self-centered d*cks.
    The problem with the 'wait for balance at 50' crowd is that for some of us, level 50 is not where we spend most of our time. Some of us enjoy the ride of questing and leveling and don't spend most of our pve time raiding.

I strongly suspect that Trion is balancing the game around raiding - it's my biggest reservation about the game thus far.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snakefoot View Post
    And you must remember, many WoW fanbois are here right now (especially since the game is essentially F2P). So of course they are going to bring their attitude with them.
    Bullseye. It is that obvious that it is rather disappointing thinking what this game will end up to become if it ends up to be successful. /sad. Devs need to grow another 2 inches of skin in the 2 weeks before releasing this game.

Apart from class balance I don't believe that some people were actually complaining that the game was too difficult (wtf?????) due to too many Rifts interrupting their questing.....Seriously?
    Last edited by Delolith; 02-12-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Yeah, cmon guys, while a product is being shaped and still improved, just shush and wait to see what the final product will be before giving your input (for fear someone will whine about you whining).

Errrrrr, what?

Now IS the time to 'cry' about "classes."
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

Shadowlander

There is absolutely no reason this game should not be balanced at level 1 and scale upwards. Now I'm not a PvP fan boy, I tend to stay away from it, but there are people that are willing to sub to this game to PvP then their voice is just as important as any PvE's.

Besides we won't see endgame content for a couple weeks or longer upon release.

Read The Future of Rift below.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by popsicledeath View Post
    Yeah, cmon guys, while a product is being shaped and still improved, just shush and wait to see what the final product will be before giving your input (for fear someone will whine about you whining).

Errrrrr, what?

I am sorry but since when constructive criticism on class balance from mature tester = whining on forums with "skyfalling" comments/arguments?

It is an MMO and it is going to happen. Every MMO I have ever played, not just WOW that has this same issue.

What I hate more is how everyone jumps to the comparison of Rift to WoW how...people whine in WoW and now Rift but never have in any MMO. I have played more MMOs than most people I know in upwards of 20 or so....the whining will always happen and the comparison of MMOs will always happen.

I played WoW it bores me and since they made it so a 5 yr old can play end game it is a dead game to me.
    Crimson Dragons are recruiting on Greybriar for both Beta and Release contact me in game or on the forums for information.

Quote Originally Posted by maxlongstreet View Post
    The problem with the 'wait for balance at 50' crowd is that for some of us, level 50 is not where we spend most of our time. Some of us enjoy the ride of questing and leveling and don't spend most of our pve time raiding.

I strongly suspect that Trion is balancing the game around raiding - it's my biggest reservation about the game thus far.
    I agree with your statement. However, the game isn't some always leveling thing, and eventually you will become level 50. This is where the game changes and is where most of the content lies. Also, the game can still maintain balance by unlocking new ranks of spells/abilities as you get to a certain level.

Just because the game is based on endgame, does not mean for example, you have to play a fun but extremely rubbish class to 50 before it changes and becomes good.

Ascendant

Just because the game is based on endgame, does not mean for example, you have to play a fun but extremely rubbish class to 50 before it changes and becomes good.
    Agreed. Although I would prefer this compared to the opposite if no other option.

Champion

Hmm... I'd say if everyone remained silent, then that would create quite the problem in the end.

The devs want to hear about if a player is not seeing something as fun. They won't listen to them on how to fix it of course, but they want to hear about problems nonetheless.

You got to understand that we all start off at the same point. Then it branches. This continues to branch, especially in a soul system like this. There are also branches for pvp solo, pvp warfronts, and pvp world. Same for pve solo, groups, and raiding. You also got to branch outwards with crafting and other aspects. At certain points, they need to come back together. Examples are dungeons and warfronts. So you need it to branch so that the dungeon/warcfront experience feels fun and distinct between the paths we choose while also bringing it together to intersect at such things on a meaningful front for as many as possible.

Maybe QQ'ers are loud, many times crude, and full of declarations..

But a game full of fanboys is one that revolves only in silence until the fanboy snaps, and then it is often too late.

I'd rather hear a bunch of people tell the devs they are not having fun when they are not having fun than listen to the silence that eventually breaks into a mass exodus that leaves the developers almost no chance to fix what was never feedback, as needing a fix.

Developers do not know any of us personally. They do need our help to make a game that offers the most fun of play to us. Their job is not to create a utopia. They are just there to take what we find fun, and make something that can be fun for me and then fun for someone else as well. Sometimes that takes a compromise. That means I have almost as much fun, so that someone who had little fun can have more fun. For that, we need to open our mouths.

A long written abstract worthy of a A in the university at times is just as problematic as a QQ. Why? Because both can be summed up in a few words. "

"I am not having fun as X doing Y".
    Last edited by kuggy; 02-12-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicledeath View Post

Errrrrr, what?

This is what I basically understood from your post.

"I'm going cry about other classes that I don't like or I feel that need changed, aswell as encourage others to do so. Because of this, they generally will be frustrated/angry/annoyed about me crying about them, so they will cry about my class back. In the long term, this will probably cause even bigger problems than there were before, and also lead to flame wars etc."

Sorry, but I think what you said is completly stupid and can't see why you seem to encoruage others to QQ, aswell as think it's okay to complain about anything you don't like/seem is right.

Although, it's fair enough to say something about things you don't think is right, so long as you do so in a constructive manner. And I think think that most of these things are impossible to do so when nobody has experience endgame content.

EDIT: While I undertsand the reason for BETA, I still think your logic is incorrect.
    Last edited by Heytar; 02-12-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Rift Master

I want to be able to pvp the whole way through without being roflstomped by ****tily balanced classes until 50...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kuggy View Post

But a game full of fanboys is one that revolves only in silence until the fanboy snaps, and then it is often too late.
    When that happens, EQ2Flames is born!

At Cyberdine:

If you refuse to adapt to your situation within the constraints being given, and you still complain, then you are being dumb and stubborn. MANY MMO options give a solo-spec and a raid-spec. Rift is no different.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast