+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Physical Damage Dealers.

Default Physical Damage Dealers.

This post mainly applies to those of you who play ranger/marksman builds.

Have you guys also noticed that your gear will say "+(x amount) of melee crit or +x of melee attack power" yet it applies to our ranged weapons - as well as there being no + ranged crit/power statistic.

Surely it would just make more sense to rename anything that applies to both melee and ranged to physical damage?
    Just a thought.
    Founder and Guild Master of Arctic Vikings Steampike EU http://arcticvikings.guildlaunch.com

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    This post mainly applies to those of you who play ranger/marksman builds.

Have you guys also noticed that your gear will say "+(x amount) of melee crit or +x of melee attack power" yet it applies to our ranged weapons - as well as there being no + ranged crit/power statistic.

Surely it would just make more sense to rename anything that applies to both melee and ranged to physical damage?
    Just a thought.
    No need to rename or add more stats when ranged attacks are physical. They just have to make sure that ppl know that all melee bonuses apply to ranged too since both are physical. What i'm more interested is if spell power increases Nightblades skill dmg since NB skills are non physical. Guess what i wanna know is if having 2x daggers with +spell power gonna increase dmg of my skills as nightblade.

What he means is that it's a typo. It should be fixed.

I was wondering this myself actually and passed up on a melee critical hit enchantment because I thought it didn't work for ranged.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    What he means is that it's a typo. It should be fixed.

I was wondering this myself actually and passed up on a melee critical hit enchantment because I thought it didn't work for ranged.
    But it isn't a typo. Did they said they'll change stat bonus description on items? It's been like this since beta 1 no? Do you mean typo as they should remove melee so it'd just say + "x" phy dmg ?
    Last edited by Snugglewuggle; 02-12-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Yes what I was suggesting was that seeing as melee bonus's apply to all physical damage abilities it just makes sense to change it to physical.
    Founder and Guild Master of Arctic Vikings Steampike EU http://arcticvikings.guildlaunch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglewuggle View Post
    But it isn't a typo. Did they said they'll change stat bonus description on items? It's been like this since beta 1 no? Do you mean typo as they should remove melee so it'd just say + "x" phy dmg ?
    The tooltip explicitly states that it increases melee critical chance. However, ingame it also increases ranged critical chance.

Either this is a bug with the item itself (ie. intended to only work on melee but works on ranged due to a bug), or the description is faulty.

I'm guessing it's the latter.

Shadowlander

I agree that the stat was a little misleading. I looked through every stat and realized there was no ranged crit so I went with it. I think they should clarify a little bit for those that don't take the time to research it.

+ Reply to Thread