+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Healing Reduction!

Default Healing Reduction!

I've seen lots of people calling for healer nerfs and that healers are too op. While I don't disagree with them, I made a post on the skills that each calling and soul has to reduce healing done for the healers to hopefully let you guys kill them a bit better =)

http://thisisnotarift.blogspot.com/2...reduction.html

Might not be too helpful, but I haven't been able to make a quality guide lately since beta is down, just trying to do some little things that might help while I wait for beta to start actually making useful guides again. Anyways hope it helps =)

50% MS kinda solve the OP healing issue, and it only cost what? 17 points in Champion?

Quote Originally Posted by Brota View Post
    50% MS kinda solve the OP healing issue, and it only cost what? 17 points in Champion?
    Haha yup. All of the callings have some way of stopping healing, well except for clerics really. They wont have any/many ways until they hit level 50 which will be really annoying for any cleric trying to pvp before 50. I think that Trion should look into giving them one more for a different soul. One of the caster ones.

Yes yes but many of those abilities are warrior/rogue skills in important souls. What about mage? 15% from necro? Thats a joke :P 15% is nothing for healer, and if you want to get void shroud you have to spec deep in dominator, thid is not the best option for many players who want to play other souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronthion View Post
    Yes yes but many of those abilities are warrior/rogue skills in important souls. What about mage? 15% from necro? Thats a joke :P 15% is nothing for healer, and if you want to get void shroud you have to spec deep in dominator, thid is not the best option for many players who want to play other souls.
    True, but it also reduces the enemies death resistance which makes you deal even more to them, and makes your pet heal themselves when attacking that target so it's not terrible, but ya it's not amazing. I think you will probably have to spec dominator for a bit when pvping just for all of the great pvp support moves they have =|

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    Haha yup. All of the callings have some way of stopping healing, well except for clerics really. They wont have any/many ways until they hit level 50 which will be really annoying for any cleric trying to pvp before 50. I think that Trion should look into giving them one more for a different soul. One of the caster ones.
    Can you not purge/dispel most of these healing debuffs?
    In darkness lies the real truth.

As a Nightblade I can keep a constant nerf of 50% on their healing problemo solved!

Telaran

Yea, I like the heal debuffs better than just reducing healing. It allows balance for pvp without changing the pve part where everyone wants the healer to be able to heal. Maybe the healer can remove the heal debuff, but while doing that he isn't healing. I would like to see a few more heal debuffs in game; or at least more souls having 1. Not sure it would be good to have 7 heal debuffs on one healer and all of them stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizorqt View Post
    Can you not purge/dispel most of these healing debuffs?
    Put it back on them then

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmoon View Post
    Yea, I like the heal debuffs better than just reducing healing. It allows balance for pvp without changing the pve part where everyone wants the healer to be able to heal. Maybe the healer can remove the heal debuff, but while doing that he isn't healing. I would like to see a few more heal debuffs in game; or at least more souls having 1. Not sure it would be good to have 7 heal debuffs on one healer and all of them stacking.
    Agreed...as a healer, I don't want to see things that obviously effect pve being nerfed just because of pvp. Then it'd just be WoW all over again.

Why anyone would want healing reduced overall, then they finish up their pvp for the day and then go try to run a pve dungeon where their healer can no longer heal as well because they've had healing reduced, would be beyond me.

More healing debuffs would solve the problem. Don't reduce healing done, Trion!

Rivellana - R7 Eth Cleric (Retired)
    Lexxii - R6 Dwarf Cleric

Rift Chaser

I was one of ppl who were saying that healing can be quite overpowered in pvp and i still stand behind it. Look you may have linked some healing reduction skills but let's see, i'm a rogue and i see Anathema (pvp skill) reduces healing by 50%, skill unavailable to us, then there's Master Huntsman which is high in rangers tree and affect only 1 pet out of 3 pets you can have, again not that usefull since it's not a skill you can use but your pet. Only usefull skill is fell blades in nightblade skill tree which requires 32 points. Now that's fine but doesn't that kind of limit available usefull souls for pvp. We have 8 souls to choose and i have to limit my choice and even play the class i maybe don't like , for 1 skill that reduces targets healing. From what i see mage has best healing reduction skills. Like someone already said i wouldn't want change or reduction to heal to affect pve, maybe devs could add valor stat to decrease healing effectivness as well as dmg.
    Last edited by Snugglewuggle; 02-12-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglewuggle View Post
    I was one of ppl who were saying that healing can be quite overpowered in pvp and i still stand behind it. Look you may have linked some healing reduction skills but let's see, i'm a rogue and i see Anathema (pvp skill) reduces healing by 50%, skill unavailable to us, then there's Master Huntsman which is high in rangers tree and affect only 1 pet out of 3 pets you can have, again not that usefull since it's not a skill you can use but your pet. Only usefull skill is fell blades in nightblade skill tree which requires 32 points. Now that's fine but doesn't that kind of limit available usefull souls for pvp. We have 8 souls to choose and i have to limit my choice and even play the class i maybe don't like , for 1 skill that reduces targets healing. From what i see mage has best healing reduction skills. Like someone already said i wouldn't want change or reduction to heal to affect pve, maybe devs could add valor stat to decrease healing effectivness as well as dmg.
    Ya, personally I do think healing is a bit overpowered in PvP right now, I don't really know how they could fix it without gimping healing for PvE as well. =| One thing they could nerf though are the self bubbles of purifier and druid. My healer is a Druid/Purifier/Warden and I have 2 self bubbles and a bubble that I can throw on myself with Purifier once I get it. If they nerfed those a bit it might make healers a bit more squishy.

So all you want to do in PvP is mindless killing and respawn farming? Sounds like you need to just go back to a FPS or wait till Blizzard put out their FPS MMO in a few years.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dallaen View Post
    So all you want to do in PvP is mindless killing and respawn farming? Sounds like you need to just go back to a FPS or wait till Blizzard put out their FPS MMO in a few years.
    Smoke much?

Lets see druids get a heal debuff, necros, dominators, infiltrators, nightblades, rangers, champions, vindicators, chloromancers can strip hots and heal debuff and that's just off the top of my head. That's a lot of heal debuffs floating around. Then you figure in silence aoe silence, interrupts, cast speed debuffs, stuns, cc, mana drains. There are so many ways to shut down a healer its a bit insane. I have a feeling endgame when all these abilities come to fruition healing will be just fine if not a bit underpowered.

Its always like this in every beta that has pvp. Healer are always op in the mid to lower levels because the abilities to deal with healers haven't come into play yet or so few and far between that they can't sufficiently shut down a healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast