+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman changes

Default Marksman changes

MARKSMAN
    * Lightning Fury: Debuff no longer causes affected enemies to take more damage. It now reduces Armor of those enemies by a fixed value for 15 seconds.
    * Empowered Shot, Deadeye Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Marksman’s Pedestal: Damage bonus has been reduced to 5% from 15%.
    * Retreat: Moved from a 51 point root ability to 40 points.
    * Sniper’s Pedestal – New Ability: 51 point root ability. Increases damage with Ranged Weapons by 25%. Improved version of Marksman’s Pedestal.

I can live with the changes made to marksman, as the role i used the most in pvp, i'll be the first to admit it was overpowered. The major concern i had with a nerf is it effecting the end effectiveness of the class, but with the new sniper pedestal, maybe thats not going to be an issue

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

Rift Chaser

Empowered Shot, Deadeye Shot: Damage reduced.

It could be a lot ; it could be a little.
    We won't know until beta 7.

Those attacks are the bread and butter of the class.

How many of the points in the soul are devoted to either improving the C/D on hit n run(which is Emp and Deadeye) or improving Deadeye and Emp's crit or damage? A lot.

I dont mind the pedestal changes or the change to lightning.
    I dont even mind the swap out for deep builds 40 and 51...etc.

I wish they had mentioned how much they were reducing it by in those notes ; the suspense is killing me.

For all we know Deadeye and Empowered were reduced by 33% so having a +25% pedestal 51 point ability will be moot anyhow if the main attacks were lowered by even more :P.

Its too early to tell.
    I knew a nerf was coming (we all did).. I just want to know how much??
    Last edited by Beans; 02-12-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Plane Walker

I remember in before the first Marksmen nerf I could crit people with a 1250 at level 25.

I wasn't able to top that figure until level 35 after the changes.

Now I hope I'll at least be able to touch 1000 with the changes.

Also, I really wonder how they go about balancing the classes or if there is some randomness to it.

Remember they originally buffs Marksman pedestal? Now they change it >.<'

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    I remember in before the first Marksmen nerf I could crit people with a 1250 at level 25.

I wasn't able to top that figure until level 35 after the changes.

Now I hope I'll at least be able to touch 1000 with the changes.

Also, I really wonder how they go about balancing the classes or if there is some randomness to it.

Remember they originally buffs Marksman pedestal? Now they change it >.<'

Its beta and they are fishing for the happy medium.

They go to 15%.. then drop to 5% then figure out where inbetween the real number should be.. or at least it looks like that to me.

Rift Disciple

well, i am lvl 25 cleric , and i got easily 2 shot from a ranger in warfronts..... that is not pvp..... i could not heal the damage and i could not react

the same goes for rogues....... phasing out of hide, stunning for a good amount of time before i saw my health going to the bottom and then died.....

there has to be some sort of pvp balancing befoer the game goes live or we will end up with a population of 40% rangers 50% rogues and then the other chars for pvp......

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kathiki View Post
    well, i am lvl 25 cleric , and i got easily 2 shot from a ranger in warfronts..... that is not pvp..... i could not heal the damage and i could not react

the same goes for rogues....... phasing out of hide, stunning for a good amount of time before i saw my health going to the bottom and then died.....

there has to be some sort of pvp balancing befoer the game goes live or we will end up with a population of 40% rangers 50% rogues and then the other chars for pvp......
    What were the two shots?

Do you mean two deadeye shots? or two shots?

Plane Walker

I call ********, no way a marks can two shot you with two abilities.

Two dead eye shots? sure. But that requires 12 GCDs.

Maybe you're talking about a Saboteur whom you saw detonate two times.
    Last edited by sinasdf; 02-12-2011 at 01:15 AM.

You're nothing but one incompetent healer then. Quit the whining and learn to play your class, that's what everyone is thinking about your post, but I, an *******, am stating it openly.
    Play to Crush.

And it's people obviously lying like you that made them nerf marksman

2 shots at level 25 even if both were empowered shot would be doing 200 damage each that's a whole 400 damage and would take 4 seconds without hit and run
    So nice job having under 400 hp at 25 when average is probably like 1.5k

As for population war's dps is about the same if not more than rogues and have 3x their armour and alot more hp and better cc skills

so yes now we are gonna roll with parties of 4 wars and a healer
    Last edited by Eckz; 02-12-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post
    And it's people obviously lying like you that made them nerf marksman

2 shots at level 25 even if both were empowered shot would be doing 200 damage each that's a whole 400 damage and would take 4 seconds without hit and run
    So nice job having under 400 hp at 25 when average is probably like 1.5k
    its impossible for a marksman to two shot anything, 5 shot is more accurate, and thats only if we happen to get mostly crits, and the target has little hp... and the 5 shots take 8 seconds minimum if we dont use any of our cooldowns, and have 100 energy before we start attacking...
    Last edited by rich1051414; 02-12-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

how on earth could a ranger 2 shot you? you're not telling the truth!

even sab's can't 2 shot people, they have to load 5 charges, then detonate and hpe for a crit, even then that's 6 shotting!

Soulwalker

wow I did not think marksman needed this at all, granted im only lvl22 with it but the damage doesnt seem as good as ranger

Rift Chaser

Sorry but then you really failed as healer. At 35 with 1,5k crits as saboteur i couldn't keep up with heals and you were 2 shoted by marksman lol? Only high dmging skill MM has is deadeye shot which can be outhealed by any good speced healer. I saw healer do 1k+ heal instantly, can't tell the skills name. I'm just telling what i saw. If you can't outheal rogue's dmg till hes out of energy then...seriously you don't have a good healing spec. Then again my experience is from lvl 35 not 25 so...you have to take into account that you prolly have too low hp at 25 while clerics at 35 have 3k+ hp...i even saw cleric tanking 3-4 ppl with just heas heals, i was one of those 3-4 as saboteur. Only way we managed to kill cleric was thx to stuns/silence.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    how on earth could a ranger 2 shot you? you're not telling the truth!

even sab's can't 2 shot people, they have to load 5 charges, then detonate and hpe for a crit, even then that's 6 shotting!
    Actually sab could 1 hit or 2 hit ppl at lvl 20-29 because ppl at that lvl don't have much hp and sab's dmg is really good at that lvl, problem with sab is that dmg doesn't change till 35+, till sab get new ranks in ability. Well that is if sab player doesn't have some uber ranged wep...

Well with a few crits the basic empowered shot/swift shot spam/autoattacks/deadeye combo that takes about 4 seconds you can go from 2500hp to dead really easily. Its not exactly 2 shotted but might as well be, not much you can do in a few seconds. Granted it probably takes a cd or some lucky crits but its not impossible, happened to me a few times. And thats fine marksman are snipers thats what they do, if they get the drop on you they should be able to smoke you, because if you get the drop on them they aren't that hard to take out either.
    Last edited by Relair; 02-12-2011 at 06:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread