+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank or DPS

Rift Disciple

Default Tank or DPS

Hey im having a hard time deciding whether to go rogue dps or Warrior tank can anyone give me tips or what they saw when play beta as tank and or dps please help thank you

rogue will tank better than the warrior and will probably dps better than the warrior aswell because you can probably go marksman spec if u wanted to

Rift Disciple

HUh really rogue tanks i see and well for dps i would be melee so nightblade i was thinking// i was thinking shaman too but idk bout clerics dps and mages are meh to me

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by rezzzz View Post
    rogue will tank better than the warrior and will probably dps better than the warrior aswell because you can probably go marksman spec if u wanted to
    Actually, warrior has some quite nice DPS, and we don't have evidence that rogue will tank better at end game.
    Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way of grasping reality; it is our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see. ~Terry Goodkind, Faith of the Fallen

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTrixter View Post
    Actually, warrior has some quite nice DPS, and we don't have evidence that rogue will tank better at end game.
    Yeah DPS classes across most classes seem fairly even. I dont remember any scary clerics in the last beta but I may have just thoguht they were tanks, lol. Endgame optimizing will tell the differences.

Rift Disciple

yeah i really was thinking of like a melee supporting dps class but i dont know if that exists otherwise i wanted to go champion 2h but idk if 2h is good for pve other then that it will be nightblade i guess since shaman dont do so good i heard

Telaran

I was mainly using my champ/rift/para for low level PVP, but it seemed to do quite nicely in PVE as well.
    Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way of grasping reality; it is our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see. ~Terry Goodkind, Faith of the Fallen

Soulwalker

Both are quite even .. Just depends on how fine your button rotations are.

+ Reply to Thread