+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Incapacitate

Champion of Telara

Default Incapacitate

Incapacitates the enemy for 30 seconds. Enemy must not be in combat. Any damage on the enemy removes the effect. Only 1 enemy can be incapacitated at a time. This attack does not take the Rogue out of stealth.\
    Rift builder shows no cooldown for that skill. Also it written that it last 3 times less on players.
    They buffed it to last 45 seconds in alpha notes.
    So my question is it possible to find some lonely guy and incapacitate him nonstop every 15 sec and he wouldn't be able to do anything about this unless i hit him?

Champion of Telara

anyone knows?

Shadowlander

My guess is it has diminishing returns like a stun does at least on players.
    Last edited by Dobb007; 02-11-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    Incapacitates the enemy for 30 seconds. Enemy must not be in combat. Any damage on the enemy removes the effect. Only 1 enemy can be incapacitated at a time. This attack does not take the Rogue out of stealth.\
    Rift builder shows no cooldown for that skill. Also it written that it last 3 times less on players.
    So my question is it possible to find some lonely guy and incapacitate him nonstop every 15 sec and he wouldn't be able to do anything about this unless i hit him?
    Yep, I dont remember a cooldown. You can only have it on 1 target at a time though. There may be an immunity to it after the first too, not sure.
    Last edited by Sixfeetdeep; 02-11-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Rift Disciple

In PVP the duration is not even close to 30 seconds. pretty sure its max of 10 seconds?(like the dominator CC). Which would put you inside the DR window if you spammed it, where the 2nd would last 5 seconds, and the 3rd he's immune.

It (and all CC effects), have diminishing returns, after 1 or 2 repetitions it will result in immunity for a duration of time.
    S♥NE | 소원 | Malaysian

Champion of Telara

and whats the cooldown time on that diminishing return for it to have normal cc time again?

XiL

Sounds like this will be my griefing soul. I just need a sweet emote to go with it.

/em whispers "not yet snookumz".

I think maybe needs work... but..eh.. is good for first trying.
    Last edited by XiL; 02-12-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: cause even Firefox knows griefing ain't a word...

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

and whats the cooldown time on that diminishing return for it to have normal cc time again?
    Something like 20s, I believe.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    Sounds like this will be my griefing soul. I just need a sweet emote to go with it.

/em whispers "not yet snookumz".

I think maybe needs work... but..eh.. is good for first trying.
    Yeah, remain in perma stealth and randomly incapacitate players. Makes them think they are lagging or something ;D

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Yeah, remain in perma stealth and randomly incapacitate players. Makes them think they are lagging or something ;D
    GM - NoName says: Ok that's enough of that.
    I says: Which that is the that of which you speak? This is a fairly complicated routine.
    GM - NoName says: The WHOLE routine.
    I says: I worked hard on this damnit.
    GM - NoName: I understand but this behavior prevents (name of QQ machine) from enjoying his or her play experience.
    I says: FIne. w/e
    GM - NoName: This is just a warning. Please don't grief other players.

20 minutes later.....

GM - NoName: I believe we had a discussion about this earlier.
    I says: It's a new routine. You like?
    Gm - NoName: I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an infraction.
    I says: That bad huh? Are you sure you didn't miss part of it? I have Fraps of everything. It looks like a very good routine to me.

a couple moments of no response...

GM - NoName says: in HD?

Rift Disciple

I'm not sure what 'Incapacitate' counts as debuff wise, but presumably it can be dispelled or cured by self-stun removal abilities?

Soulwalker

Ok, There are diminishing returns on CC effects in pvp in this game.

The formula is: 100% pvp duration --> 50% pvp duration --> immune for 15s

So for incapacitate: 8s --> 4s --> immune for 15s

(note: this was as of beta 6)

+ Reply to Thread