+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions about rift from a wow guy

Shadowlander

Default Questions about rift from a wow guy

I'm doing the beta on the 15th. I have 5 85's on wow with a personal preference to my priest as a healer (disc), lock as my dps, and drood bear/dk blood for tank. With these preferences, which specs should I be looking for to enjoy the beta?

Thanks.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by byoo View Post
    I'm doing the beta on the 15th. I have 5 85's on wow with a personal preference to my priest as a healer (disc), lock as my dps, and drood bear/dk blood for tank. With these preferences, which specs should I be looking for to enjoy the beta?

Thanks.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c___

Priest: Click "Cleric" and find something, or look at Chloromancer under "Mage". Chloromancer feels like the best parts of Disc Priest and Resto Druid got thrown in a blender.

Lock: Necromancer/Warlock or Warlock/Necromancer, obviously.

Druid Tank: Nothing. Shapeshifter tanks are the one archetype not in Rift that is found in WoW.

Blood DK Tank: Reaver.

Shadowlander

Thanks Amp. Do you like the game? I tried LOTR, AOC and Aion in the last few years only to get bored after about an hour. I'm hoping this is different.

Thanks.
    Priest I'd say Purifier.
    Aff lock = warlock, destro lock = pyromancer or stormcaller
    Druid tank = rift stalker
    DK blood tank = reaver I guess, it's most similar to WoW DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by byo View Post
    Do you like the game? I tried LOTR, AOC and Aion in the last few years only to get bored after about an hour. I'm hoping this is different.
    Yes, but I find it's more akin to WoW and EQ2 with some subtle PVP elements.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Plane Walker

Thanks Amp. Do you like the game? I tried LOTR, AOC and Aion in the last few years only to get bored after about an hour. I'm hoping this is different.
    Theres heavy investment in end-game. If you're willing to do it, take the 1-2 months to level to 50 and then see if end-game is extensive enough for your tastes.

I think you will enjoy

reaver soul from warrior class : DoTs while wearing plate
    warlock soul from mage class : you know warlocks

I have not tested healing or tanking soul but you might find void knight from warrior very interesting.

edit: riftblade soul from warrior class is element damage soul with ranges abilities(without mana bar). I find it pretty fun.
    Last edited by kuzo; 02-11-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Druid tank = rift stalker
    I'd agree with this, although to me, tanking as a Riftstalker (rogue) feels a bit more like trying to tank with a cat druid (especially pre-cata) in that you must keep up combo point powered buffs to reduce your damage taken, similar to the way a cat druid has to keep up bleeds, mangle, savage roar, etc. to max dps (especially pre-4.0).

Also, for clerics, this might help a bit:

http://dev.riftpro.com/beta/soulscleric

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Theres heavy investment in end-game. If you're willing to do it, take the 1-2 months to level to 50 and then see if end-game is extensive enough for your tastes.
    With the leveling rate I've experienced so far i don't think it'll take that long to get there. I'd say maybe 1-2 weeks to get to 50 and run a few dungeons to get gear, another week to get a group together and try stuff out. Of course my estimates might be wrong based on how organized people are.

@ the OP :
    Why not try something new? You'll never know what you like to play in Rift until you try it.
    Or you can mess around with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html and see if anything catches your attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Plane Walker

So, tell us which class you like best out of your 5 WoW level 85's, then we'll tell you which class is similar. Oh, wait.. you can't make your mind up , you just want us to make a decision for you.

Play the OP class, play Saboteur ( rogue )
    want the underdog, get the mage
    want the tank , get the warrior
    want the healer, get the cleric, it's not rocket science :P

Quote Originally Posted by Smelly View Post
    So, tell us which class you like best out of your 5 WoW level 85's, then we'll tell you which class is similar. Oh, wait.. you can't make your mind up , you just want us to make a decision for you.

If ya actually READ the OP, I'm pretty sure he was saying that he likes to play different roles, and was listing the classes he preferred for each of those roles.

Fail troll is fail
    accept everything, believe nothing

Rift Disciple

Actually you can see on the official site to get basilar informations on the classes and the soul calculator to get more specific informations.

I've chose the Reaver when i've read about it on the official site, and i love it, but i like Riftblade and Beastmaster. Because of that i've chose to make a little combination of that 3 souls to obtain an unic class for my self. Isn't the best soul combination in the game, but i like it :-)

I love the variety of classes in that game, there's warriors for every kind of situations, the same is true for clerics, mages and rogues.

There's classes more good in 1vs1, in mass pvp, in pve, etc etc etc...

There's 9 classes for warriors, 9 for clerics, 9 for rogues and 9 for mages. One of that classes is a pvp class.
    Whit that variety of souls you can be a great variety of class.

Try some souls and chose you'r favourite.

If you prefer Healers, chose the Clerics, or the mage Chloromancer.
    About Clerics, there's melee healers and ranged healers, a healer whit pet and a healer whit a offensive setup and low heals power.
    See the soul calculator, chose some souls and the 15, when the beta begin, try them.
    (\_/)
    (-)
    (><) <------This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Shadowlander

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Smelly View Post

Hey jackhole,
    I gave examples of tank, dps, and heals. You know, the three options in wow? If you don't want to help, that's your right but you don't have to be a trollass.

Thanks to the others for your help. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskon View Post
    With the leveling rate I've experienced so far i don't think it'll take that long to get there. I'd say maybe 1-2 weeks to get to 50 and run a few dungeons to get gear, another week to get a group together and try stuff out. Of course my estimates might be wrong based on how organized people are.
    The XP rate was increased during the beta events, as far as I'm aware.

You can check this thread and hope the builds you're interested in still have working links. We had multiple user-created soul calculators, and some are still being updated, while others were discontinued.

I did see the affliction warlock worked, no bear druid, no disc priest, but various death knights, yes.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...read.-Part-II.
    MMOs played: The Realm Online, UO, Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted (formerly Horizons: Empire of Istaria), DAoC, EQ, EQ2, WoW, GW, DDO, LOTRO, AoC, WAR, Runes of Magic, Aion, FFXIV
    *****For the strength of the Wolf is the Pack, and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf.*****

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast