+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Weapon Stance

Default Rogue Weapon Stance

Hi all
    I have recently noticed somthing that slightly worries me, When i first saw the Blade dancer and Assassins stances i was extremly happy to notice how there main hand weapon was faceing backwards, i personally think it looks awsome but then i also noticed it only seems to be female chars that have that type of stance or am i wrong? please tell me im wrong cos i intend to play a male char and i really want that stance.
    Last edited by Auai; 11-23-2010 at 10:29 AM.

yeah i would like to know the answert to this also. the reverse weild in one hand looks cool, would seem like a waste to only have it on one of the genders weild style.

Trying to find anything but not able yeat however there are over 200 screenshots at that you might enjoy checking out
    http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Category...al_Screenshots.
    Last edited by seefferor; 11-23-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Hmm wonder how hard it would be to make it a part of the character creation where you could chose which way you held your weapons. I know nothing of programming and such so i have no clue what it would take to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Auai View Post
    Hi all
    I have recently noticed somthing that slightly worries me, When i first saw the Blade dancer and Assassins stances i was extremly happy to notice how there main hand weapon was faceing backwards, i personally think it looks awsome but then i also noticed it only seems to be female chars that have that type of stance or am i wrong? please tell me im wrong cos i intend to play a male char and i really want that stance.
    Isn't it just a blade dancer only thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Isn't it just a blade dancer only thing.

Nope Female Assassin also has it , http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/rogue/assassin.php

This is starting to remind me of Female bloodelf stealth animation from WoW, it was always far superior to the male one .

Nope Female Assassin also has it , http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/rogue/assassin.php

This is starting to remind me of Female bloodelf stealth animation from WoW, it was always far superior to the male one .
    Maybe it's just for the assassin pic. In my experience class pics on the website don't usually coincide with their game mechanics. Maybe someone accidently used a bladedancer model to show the assassin.

Maybe it's just for the assassin pic. In my experience class pics on the website don't usually coincide with their game mechanics. Maybe someone accidently used a bladedancer model to show the assassin.
    I think thats unlikely, my money is on it being a Female only stance , prob for all melee rogue classes, i would like to be wrong.

I think thats unlikely, my money is on it being a Female only stance , prob for all melee rogue classes, i would like to be wrong.
    I think that is highly unlikely, why would they make the female stane different. That does not make sense at all.

I think that is highly unlikely, why would they make the female stane different. That does not make sense at all.
    for variation , as i already mentioned they did somthing very similar in WoW, females had difference stance to males which ofc makes sense, havein everything the same would be a bit boring dont you think?

Rift Master

It's often like that. And this is the case in Rift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCISymv-W8

Watch how the girl character is holding the axe and then how the Champion NPC is holding it, quite different.

Default male ranger uses different stance (GC 2010)

Hi,
    saw a vid from GameCon (August 2010) with male Eth Ranger in it.
    He used a rifle and two katana like swords.
    The tip of the swords were always pointing forward, european style sword fighting.
    The whole time during fights and also during running around (combat stance, drawn swords) ...

It was clearly different from all the female rogues (Blade Dancer, Rangers) I saw in other vids.

just fyi. I'm sorry
    Aaden

EDIT: found the link of mentioned video. look for yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuOqr5jnYxY
    Last edited by Aaden; 11-26-2010 at 03:32 PM.
    "I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle. And I've seen the lowliest, unarmed squire
    pull a spear from his own body to defend a dying horse.
    Nobility is not a birthright. It's defined by one's actions." - Robin of Locksley

OT:
    but I dont like that backward look

Actually the reverted grip on the longer sword doesnt look really convenient..why hold something you cant stab with like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevesh View Post
    Actually the reverted grip on the longer sword doesnt look really convenient..why hold something you cant stab with like that.
    Makes more sense for short swords, reverse gripping longer ones might catch on one's clothing or worse hehe.
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast