+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dual Spec

Soulwalker

Default Dual Spec

Can you dual spec as a warrior for example to be a tank and another for main dps ?

Plane Touched

Yes. You can also Tri-Spec and Quad-Spec once you unlock them.

And they can be any combination of existing Souls, after you've unlocked the other ones you didn't start off with.

Owt
    Shadowlander

How can I do that?
    I mean, comparing to wow now, is there a button to press and bang...Im on my tank spec, then bang, Im on my dps spec??

Quote Originally Posted by Owt View Post
    How can I do that?
    I mean, comparing to wow now, is there a button to press and bang...Im on my tank spec, then bang, Im on my dps spec??
    First you do the quests to unlock the rest of the souls. You can start them in the teens, don't know exactly when. The quests are in the main city. NPCs with titles that match the soul you're unlocking give you the quests. For example, some guy with <Riftblade> underneath his name gives you the quest to unlock the Riftblade soul if you don't already have it.
    The quests themselves are straight forward enough. Go complete a rift, get a special item, use what you're given to summon a ghost and kill them.

Then you go talk to your class trainer and buy a second "role" as it's called in this game.

When you open up your talent window thing(Soul Trees), you'll see a second icon at the bottom. Click it, then click the "Activate" button. You can then choose any 3 trees you have unlocked to make a new build. The build wont be saved if you make sure to clear off any points you have in it. Quickest way I've seen to do it is to select a different Soul and select "Don't Save".

So let's just say you were a Champion/Beastmaster/Riftblade Warrior before. Then you unlocked all the other trees. So you can choose Paladin/Reaver/Void Knight and create a new build.

You can hotkey the "Role" from your abilities window if you'd like, which does indeed make it "Click I'm a dps, click I'm a tank." Or in the case of my mage it's "Click I'm a soloer, click I'm a healer, click I'm a buffbot." Haven't bought the 4th role yet. . . it's pretty expensive for a low 20's character ;)

Only limitation on role swapping is that you gotta be out of combat to cast it.

+ Reply to Thread