+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warriors seem lacking?

Default Warriors seem lacking?

Normally I love plate using behemoths with their huge 2hander ready to smack around someone. I've played one in EVERY MMO I've ever been in and enjoyed them equally.

whether it be the Paladin/Shadow Knight from EQ, Warrior/Death Knight in WoW, they were all very fun to play. I don't know what it was about this game but the way they work just seemed so... lacking. I felt like a rogue, their way of playing was much to similar to the WoW rogue and I felt a bit uncomfortable with that. Hell they play similar to the rogue in Rift. They need to change the combat mechanics of them before it's too late.

The rage bar in WoW was great, who didn't like getting full rage and dropping the hammer with a nice execution. I'm not saying give them a rage bar but change it, maybe instead of taking attack from the bar you gained attack and a special ability used 10 or 20 attack.

I'd rather build something up than take away from it, It's just TOO rogue-like and feels uncomfortable really. I only play a mage now because it's quite fun with the addition of a charge bar. Please Trion change the warriors attack, it's just too much like a rogue, BE MORE CREATIVE THAN THIS.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Rift Disciple

/bump

Rage system made me act like a reckless psycho when I played warrior in RoM, I miss those moments. Just give warriors a charge bar too, name it Rage, and with every hit you make and the enemy makes and every ability you use it raises a bit. We dont even need abilitys to consume rage, just a bar, which if filled gives +%bonus to dmg.

Actually WoW's rage bar was pretty crappy at low levels. You were stuck not being able to do anything early on in the game with no rage.

I think it's fine. How long did you even play a warrior? 30mins?

Go back to WoW if you want rage. I don't think a game mechanic should be changed just because it doesn't make you feel warm inside. Put a sticker on your monitor that says Rage!.

Rift Master

I sort of agree, which is the reason I decided to PVP heal instead. I like the idea of being an extremely mobile hulking juggernaut, and I've always played melee, but Rift's version of a Warrior is like a Rogue with 3 Combo Points.

Warrior in rift isn't the same as a warrior in WoW or RoM. We choose how we want to play in this game. We get 4 classes to choose from and 8 souls. The warrior last beta did get a nerf, the only really powerful builds were those of rift and champ.

I personally like the change from having no power at the start of a fight to having power at the start of the fight. Is it really that hard to understand that this isn't the same as other games ?

I'm sure this next beta the other dps souls of the warrior will likely get buffed so not all warriors in pvp are champions and rift.
    Give it some time guys, this is beta still.

Rift Disciple

A great build warrior can be overpowered in solo PvE and group PvP... while still having a great tanking build as a 3rd role

Warriors using the right build are currently the most OP in PvP, espescially when backed up by a good healer.

Just don't expect any build to work in every aspect of the game.... In general when you build a class for a specific task it will rock at that thing, but when you build a role as a jack of all trades it will not work out for anything at all...

I found the rage bar in wow to be silly and annoying but more so also limiting.
    I like rift take on this more than wow's take on this.
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

Soulwalker

I have to admit at first it was abit discomforting playing a warrior with energy and essentially combo points. But since playing it to lvl cap i think its fine, i mean the rage meter to me was always a bit restrictive. It forced u to have a set attacks set to build up the right amount of rage to do anything.

Soulwalker

i'm convinced this game is being played by nothing but ex-WoW junkies. Or at least this forum.
    not saying that's a bad thing...but don't expect the devs to change the classes to be more like another game because that's what you are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wblind View Post
    i'm convinced this game is being played by nothing but ex-WoW junkies. Or at least this forum.
    not saying that's a bad thing...but don't expect the devs to change the classes to be more like another game because that's what you are used to.
    Nah, it's just that there are many more ex-WoW players than anything else.

my main gripe is gaining the energy back, I only got my warrior to 22... While that's not too high it's far enough to know that I'm having energy issues. Champion and I believe Paragons gain energy back. I'd like the VK to have something like for every pact gained you regenerate .5 energy every 2 seconds. I would not have so much of a problem with the class. Energy efficiency is just the main issue I run across...
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    my main gripe is gaining the energy back, I only got my warrior to 22... While that's not too high it's far enough to know that I'm having energy issues. Champion and I believe Paragons gain energy back. I'd like the VK to have something like for every pact gained you regenerate .5 energy every 2 seconds. I would not have so much of a problem with the class. Energy efficiency is just the main issue I run across...
    Really? to me energy regen is too high. You can mindlessly mash any non-aoe abilities for quite a while before you bottom out.

I never ran out of energy til about level 20, when fighting instance bosses. Even then warriors have talents to get energy from crit, parry, block. You're basing your analysis on warriors from playing just a void knight? Wouldn't that be a void knight problem?

warriors are crappy tanks in relation to riftstalkers (mitigation wise) by a big margin
    Last edited by rezzzz; 02-11-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Rift Disciple

Know what I don't like?

******s who put their computer specs in their signature. They need to change and/or remove that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast