+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We dont need Bright Wizards in this MMO

Shield of Telara

Default We dont need Bright Wizards in this MMO

Trion keep mages skill based in your MMO, lets for once have a good balanced mmo without lolaoe mages goign around and killing whole zergs with 1 spell

You complain about rogues kill you in 6 gcds, marksman doing good damage, stunlock, does any of this compare to lolmages who could kill 50 people by themselves, no it doesnt

Embrace your support role or quit, your only options mages

Rift Master

sorry but if you want to be a troll in this forum you have to take your number and wait, the line its pretty long.

Feeds the troll some chicken...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nerhtal View Post
    Feeds the troll some chicken...
    Don't feed the troll!!!

I haven't played a Mage yet, but I was checking out the Pyromancer tree and it looks pretty sweet. A couple of high-level mages are really going to be able to lay down the pain when they are leveled and geared.

Rift Disciple

We dont need the opposite either.

Rift Chaser

My god.... I left that terrible game to get away from BW and SORC posts geeshh... not this place to ... Bad troll go away stop haunting me.

to OP

play a mage you will see there **** atm

then come back and complain some moar because you forgot to hit blast charge on your saboteur

/thread

Default BW nightmares

Mages in Rift seem a bit weak from my limited playtime but the OP certainly has a point about BWs: that class was 1 of the "3 Big Issues" why I quit WAR in disgust during Month 1.

For those who don't know: the BW had about 5 forms of CC, had defensive shields/armour that actually meant it took little damage and did ludicrous damage. I was in the top PvP Guild on my WAR Server and played countless Tier 4 Battles (i.e. Serpent's Passage as that was the only map that EVER appeared) and you could almost instantly estimate your chance of winning based on the number of BWs on the Order team: by the time I quit there were an average 5 of them in each battle as Order players flocked to play the most monstrously OP class I've seen in any MMO ever.

In Rift Mages I think need to do more damage and not so much "support" - but they definitely do not need to turn into BW Redux.

You must've been tired when you were writing this post, OP. You typed mages instead of saboteurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Trion keep mages skill based in your MMO, lets for once have a good balanced mmo without lolaoe mages goign around and killing whole zergs with 1 spell

You complain about rogues kill you in 6 gcds, marksman doing good damage, stunlock, does any of this compare to lolmages who could kill 50 people by themselves, no it doesnt

AoE in War has been nerfed a long time ago.
    The current sorc ST dot rotation takes about 7.5 secs. (same for bw)

Sorc Version:
    CW -> VoP -> W o P -> AB/DB -> GB -> ID - HoR

you should try playing the game before spreading false rumours.

Ascendant

Sabatuers are a more OP version of what sorcs and BWs are currently in WAR.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

Translation: I play a rogue and I like being able to kill clothies unopposed. Don't buff them or I'll have to try hard.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder313 View Post
    Mages in Rift seem a bit weak from my limited playtime but the OP certainly has a point about BWs: that class was 1 of the "3 Big Issues" why I quit WAR in disgust during Month 1.

For those who don't know: the BW had about 5 forms of CC, had defensive shields/armour that actually meant it took little damage and did ludicrous damage. I was in the top PvP Guild on my WAR Server and played countless Tier 4 Battles (i.e. Serpent's Passage as that was the only map that EVER appeared) and you could almost instantly estimate your chance of winning based on the number of BWs on the Order team: by the time I quit there were an average 5 of them in each battle as Order players flocked to play the most monstrously OP class I've seen in any MMO ever.

In Rift Mages I think need to do more damage and not so much "support" - but they definitely do not need to turn into BW Redux.
    You quit 1 month into it and did countless tier4 battles. get a life nerd

Telaran

Pyromancers don't have the ridiculous combustion/dark magic bonuses that Bright Wizards/Sorcereress's did.

No problem here. Thread over.
    Last edited by Tryble; 02-11-2011 at 10:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast