+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Why do you play a healer?

I'm way more of a mage person tbh ... but I really love working around water magic and so much of it is focused in warden, I really can't help but be excited about the class <3 Stormcaller has some too, but its mostly ice and I personally don't think that counts... more earthlike really imo given the matter phase and properties. Anyways, thankfully I've heard warden has some good offensive focus too so I won't be totally newb to the class concept! (definitely a step away from eq2 illusionist though)
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-02-2011 at 04:49 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I'm way more of a mage person tbh ... but I really love working around water magic and so much of it is focused in warden, I really can't help but be excited about the class <3 Stormcaller has some too, but its mostly ice and I personally don't think that counts... more earthlike really imo given the matter phase and properties. Anyways, thankfully I've heard warden has some good offensive focus too so I won't be totally newb to the class concept! (definitely a step away from eq2 illusionist though)
    All about the water yes. I'm one who played main tank, DPS, CC, lead the raids, and in the end I found my most fun being in the back on the heals. And my most memorable is the heal shaman. I am really looking forward to seeing what the Warden can do at max with the rains on a full raid in this game. I think I might even try my hand at a full support Chlormancer/Dominator support as well. So many options for healer in this game, sao many different things I can be and still do what I enjoy, healing.

I dont play healer for the control or the praise, its an unspoken pact between everyone on the team if you ask me. I know they are there to kill what needs to be killed and they know I'm there to keep them alive while they do it. Noone ever needs to say anything and to be honest, I find it best when noone ever does. We all just do what we came to do and nod to each other at the end. And really, if I did my job the best I could, there never should have been any close calls, or anyone worrying if I was awake or nappin on the board. Uneventful and forever flowing like water, thats what a healer is to me. Talk about the weather, the game last night, whatever and take a walkabout in wherever we want to go in game while we do it.

Shadowlander

coz cleric has good dps xD

heal = godmode for making groups. :-D

.i always started with dd classes in mmos cos of style reasons and ended with playin my own healer/tank with a m8, so we
    can instant invite players or get invites :-D

nothin feels better than starting groups with tank/heal lfm..
    and, after a SHORT while seeing all those bigmouth dd gettin kicked out of group ( after repeatedly ignoring basic hints/tactics cos they "wanna kill") without any further declaration, until we found one of those who have at least a certain will for teamplay^^.

and...to heal someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    All about the water yes. I'm one who played main tank, DPS, CC, lead the raids....
    Kwl, how much have you messed around with warden or cleric in general so far in the game? Any tips on handling and what works/doesn't and what sort of weaknesses to expect with the class (pve and pvp)? Oh and how common the class role is? I haven't got into beta yet but I've been trying to gauge how the class will play out. :/
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-02-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Balthas View Post
    I play healer for the power of choosing who can live or die. Not really main reason i started playing a healer is because there was never one around when i needed one. So i started to play them. Got addicted to the play style of being able to turn the fight just off of some smart heals.
    Same here, I would get into groups and we could never find a healer. One day I rolled one up and found it was fun and I also knew I could always get into a group.

Plane Touched

Default Challenge

I think it's the challenge of healing that makes me keep coming back to the healer class and I guess I'm supposedly good at it (according to the groups I've played in over the games.)

I actually did start out as a wizard in EQ but eventually made a healer as my main since (at that time) Wizards were dime a dozen and hours to get into a group and than actually rather boring to play.

The big advantage of playing a healer and if your good at it, is that it's easy to get repeat groups with peeps, and you know it is just a fun and exciting class to play. There is no cookie cutter "rotation" of spells. Every pull requires different strategy of healing and that can change at a moment's notice.

Also is the most rewarding class when that "oh ****" pull happens and everyone lives thru it. Gives ya that warm fuzzy feeling

Besides Healers just rock..... Plain and Simple

Telaran

I play it because it is the single best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KKyoji View Post
    I play it because it is the single best class in the game.
    I've heard that for like... every class hehe. I think its too early to tell

I picked up healing because my boyfriend was a tank who hated my guild's healers and asked me to give it a shot. I ended up really liking the freedom of the role. Though there are certain talents that are best for throughput, healing lets you choose talents more based on your play-style. There isn't really a set rotation and it is often challenging. Not to mention much easier to find groups and earn a core raid spot (provided you're competent).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15