+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you switch prebuilds?

Default Can you switch prebuilds?

I read on other forums you can build up to 4 roles that you can switch from back n forth as needed. Using a role for DPS, healing, or what ever anyways I'm curious if there are any articles or game facts to support this post?

Soulwalker

its true. its already in the game. if u hit "N" and open up talents page. u see 4 squares on the bottom. the 4 roles go there as needed.

Rea

Quote Originally Posted by PMonkey View Post
    its true. its already in the game. if u hit "N" and open up talents page. u see 4 squares on the bottom. the 4 roles go there as needed.
    open ur ability tab and put the roles on ur hotkey bar is faster :P

oh!!! lol Thanks a lot for the response. Sorry for the dumb question but I've only played in beta 6 & its been years since I played an MMO!! So I'm a noob!!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rea View Post
    holy crap i didnt know u could do that!
    Last edited by PMonkey; 02-08-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

You just have to purchase a second role at your trainer and then put in whatever souls you have managed to finish the quests for. They do have to be in the same calling though.

Plane Touched

your first role cost 0 to reset, whereas your other roles will cost you money to reset. In the new roles, once you pump a point into a sub-class tree, you are unable to switch out the sub-class. Not quite sure if it was design like that in mind ^^;

Another nice bonus is that it only takes 2 seconds to switch roles. You can do it anytime you are not in combat (even in the middle of a Warfront!) and you maintain your current HP/MP. Ie if you notice that your team is lacking healers you can quickly swap do a support spec or if you notice that the rift group doesn't really have a tank you can change to your tank spec.

You can even place your spec icons onto the hotbar for quick swaps!
    Check out my YouTube channel for a few Cleric PvP videos with commentary!

Does the game save different hotbar settings for each new role? Seems if it does not switching roles will not be a fast thing to do.
    Currently playing RiftQueue.

Quote Originally Posted by Honze View Post
    Does the game save different hotbar settings for each new role? Seems if it does not switching roles will not be a fast thing to do.
    Yup it saves your hotbars and keybinds! It's very seamless and allows for an immediate switch from melee dps straight to main tank heals (as an example).
    Check out my YouTube channel for a few Cleric PvP videos with commentary!

Plane Touched

Yea, I use it all the time as a cleric. I use a role for when I solo, a different one for raids, and a different one for dungeons =p

Quote Originally Posted by Rea View Post
    I wasn't even aware you could do that.
    Thanks!

Telaran

its one of the best features in rift and the fact u can place the Roles on your action bar and switch at a push of a button is nice,

Soulwalker

So there are 4 different roles... can you change any 3 class role when you want are you stuck with the 3 classes you picked for each role?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuusho View Post
    your first role cost 0 to reset, whereas your other roles will cost you money to reset. In the new roles, once you pump a point into a sub-class tree, you are unable to switch out the sub-class. Not quite sure if it was design like that in mind ^^;
    you mean the first time you reset it, it costs zero. after that, it costs more money to reset it. at least that's the way it was in beta 5 and 6. no clue about the earlier betas. they might have removed it so you could try out different souls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast