+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Souls = Creativity = Endless Fun! LETS GOO!!!!!

Default Souls = Creativity = Endless Fun! LETS GOO!!!!!

Is anyone else pumped about being able to not be stuck in one class? blow through a main tree and pick what you want from other souls...AMAZING!!

It almost reminds me of the original Star Wars Galaxies where you can totally customize your class therefore customizing your total game experience. I just hope stupid kids don't try to flip flop around forgetting that gear still makes a great character lol.

AHHHHHhhhhh So pumped!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icehand View Post
    Is anyone else pumped about being able to not be stuck in one class? blow through a main tree and pick what you want from other souls...AMAZING!!

It almost reminds me of the original Star Wars Galaxies where you can totally customize your class therefore customizing your total game experience. I just hope stupid kids don't try to flip flop around forgetting that gear still makes a great character lol.

Well I guess SWG vetrans are the same lot of people who constantly is looking for that SWG(Pre-CU) experience. And yes its what drew me here in the first place the endless possiblility of Builds you can experiment with. It also reminds me a bit of Guild Wars and i still play that game once in a while. Hey why not Its FREE
    Sharizu

GUARDIAN RANGER OF TELARA

Default SWG Pre CU

well, I don't think any game will ever do what SWG did with classes again, even tho it *****, but....Yeah anytime I have more freedom with my classes I'm super happy. Nothing is more boring than linearly progressing through a class. Never played Guild Wars tho :/ It's so cool because of the whole 3 souls thing, its not just a tree like Diablo, but you can combine, thats what i think is neat.

I'm a linux nut because I love customization haha, which i guess is what is making me a RIFT nut.

I just hope stupid kids don't try to flip flop around forgetting that gear still makes a great character lol.
    This! That's a good point that many seem to be missing - yes you can change roles out of battle, yes you can change what your roles are when you visit your city... but your gear will determine your optimization of your character. Having Reaver gear as a Paladin? Not all that smart, and I'm sure different gear will be more geared toward some souls in a calling than others.

Oh for sure, without a doubt gear will be leaned towards different souls specially in end game. Im going far in Sentinel with some Inquisitor skills if I get bored and wanna fake solo haha. Specing heavy Healing, Gear and Souls. Just hope I can find a great guild!

I'm looking forward to Sentinel + the unreleased Warden

One thing to keep in mind is that some of the End Tree Roots are some pretty awesome stuff. You have to have 32 pts into Sentinel to get the RES skill, so that only leaves 2.5 Rows in another soul which doesnt really do a whole lot imo

-------

EDIT: 3.8 rows. 19pts not 2.5 rows
    Last edited by Kome; 11-19-2010 at 12:56 AM.

I'm wondering if eventually they won't add ways to earn more skills though. Maybe similar to the idea of AAs in EQ? Just a way to further advance a character once end-game gets more populated, maybe an expansion or two. I just can't stand games like WoW when all expansions offer is a lvl cap increase. $40 for 5 more levels! awesome!....lol...NO!

This is the reason I will buy the game. Even though I hate PvP, even if I never get into beta, I'll try it out. This level of customization/personalization is how I believe all MMO's should be.

On the gear issue, I can't see top level characters without enough space to carry more than one set of gear - or at least enough of a set to boost the chosen soul a bit. And I'm also sure there will be decent cross-class gear (because if there isn't, the game will get stale REAL fast). A combination of a few cross-class pieces and a few class-specific replacements should make for a decent dual-class character.

Of course, the best of any archetype (tank/heal/dps/etc) will be the purer soul choices. Gear that boosts one type of tank will surely be just fine for another type. A pure tank character woud be well set up choosing the best of the best from three tank souls, and gearing up to support those choices. [Is that even allowed? Are there any restrictions to which souls you can get based on the soul you chose first? Man I can't WAIT to get playing this game!]
    Last edited by Garek; 11-19-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kome View Post
    I'm looking forward to Sentinel + the unreleased Warden

One thing to keep in mind is that some of the End Tree Roots are some pretty awesome stuff. You have to have 32 pts into Sentinel to get the RES skill, so that only leaves 2.5 Rows in another soul which doesnt really do a whole lot imo
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/builder/?calling=cleric
    the warden is in there as are most of the cleric souls. Not much for the other callings though.
    also the 32 point is the combat rez, the normal rez is at 10.
    Last edited by luci; 11-19-2010 at 05:36 AM.

Computer: Massive sexy beast that rocks your socks off

Rift Master

20/14/17 or get out of my raid! Creativity belongs to the solo land, slacker.
    Last edited by Shinimas; 11-19-2010 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luci View Post
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/builder/?calling=cleric
    the warden is in there as are most of the cleric souls. Not much for the other callings though.
    also the 32 point is the combat rez, the normal rez is at 10.
    Yo, thats a really cool website, didn't know about that before. Preparing my path lol freakin sentinels look pro. the 51 point heal is legit! Almost makes it worth going straight Sentinel.

I usually play ranged dps, so you'd think that I would want to try a Ranger/Marksman. However, this game has got me thinking outside my normal comfort zones and style of play. I'm gonna try an Inquisitor/Cabalist for some serious light/dark dps, and who knows, might try my hand at a bit of healing.
    Last edited by Badger; 11-19-2010 at 08:52 PM.

I have a feeling that most players will find the cookie cutter build. While the system itself has an immense amount of possibilities, there will be an accepted build. That's how the end game will be, probably. Although, I think the road to level cap. will be very fun. Being able to switch in and out of souls to help the group is a great aspect. In raids you will probably be expected to have followed certain builds or if you didn't, you better DPS/heal/hold aggro better than every single person who did follow a cookie cutter.

If you noticed that my name, Sahim, is different from my signature's name, Anticlous, it's because the website won't let me change my display name back to Anticlous. If somebody could fix this for me, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahim View Post
    I have a feeling that most players will find the cookie cutter build. While the system itself has an immense amount of possibilities, there will be an accepted build. That's how the end game will be, probably. Although, I think the road to level cap. will be very fun. Being able to switch in and out of souls to help the group is a great aspect. In raids you will probably be expected to have followed certain builds or if you didn't, you better DPS/heal/hold aggro better than every single person who did follow a cookie cutter.
    That is probably true, good observation. I bet there will be cookie cutter builds in end game now that i think about it, but man, leveling up will be mad fun! I think it will help everyone learn the game more, to be able to explore different paths you kno? I think with the community that seems to be here, we are all going to have a lot of fun leveling up with this class system, but yeah probably will have to go mad spec in on (cookie cutter) in end game to be most effective, but atleast you can explore what cookie cutter build you want before u get to end game...

Lol.
    Too much Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast or something?

-on topic-
    For me, when I first heard about the game, discovering that you would not be locked into one class is what caught my interest in it. So yeah, I think I am about as excited as you about the class system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast