+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Don"t nerf anything!!!

Plane Touched

Default Don"t nerf anything!!!

That is right please please don't change anything...I agree with what I feel is a much less talkative than the complainers. Right now there exist no meta-game because the game has not even launched as people are crying nerf this or nerf that they fail to see that it is possible to construct builds to counter build. The entire class design up to this point has indicated that there is a relatively good balance between classes. If 2-3 months after launch someone has not built a counter to a FOTM the perhaps it is overpowered.

Also, people don't realize that at most one might spend a month in every 10 levels of a pvp area an then will move on. People fail to realize that to try and balance for level 20 is foolish since post people will be at 50 in a few months....

Telaran

I agree, I hope they're not basing any balancing off the low level complaints. There are some obvious offenders currently that will probably continue to be a issue at 50, but I hope they're only balancing off Alpha feedback at this point.

I laugh when I see most nerf complaints on this forum.. Nothing in this game compares to the true OP of pre-nerf Witch Elf from Warhammer Online http://warhammermovies.com/stream.ph...155&stream=100
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    I laugh when I see most nerf complaints on this forum.. Nothing in this game compares to the true OP of pre-nerf Witch Elf from Warhammer Online http://warhammermovies.com/stream.ph...155&stream=100
    Lol than you havent been playing pre 1.2 WEs couldnt 1 shot anyone like sabs and VKs can. Pre 1.2 WEs were not even close to as OP as sabs are right now. I also supported that WE nerf in 1.2 though they took it to far making WEs the worst class in the game and buffing there mirror to best MDPS class in the game. tropik also completely quit the game when they nerfed WEs.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-08-2011 at 11:29 AM.

There are better solo classes than others for instance a beastmaster solo's better than a voidknight. A Necromancer solos better than a pyromancer. A ranger solos better than an assassin. They have souls designed to solo. This is balance if you want to play "your soul" to level 50 by all means do so. But there are designed pve builds that level better than others. There is always a counter balance. You expect a build that has a heavy front load damage to be strong in pve. Yes it is, but at the same time it can't handle multiple mobs because it lacks survivability.

I agree right now that the game is well balanced for a rock/paper/scissors MMO. I dont want it to go to Rock Rock Rock.

Telaran

Nobody is saying not to balance. Trying to balance end game off the whines of someone level 20 is just going to throw off end game pointlessly. Considering how easy it is to setup multiple roles, why would to try to balance things level by level. People trying to solo in a healer/tank/utility spec is a good example.

There are alpha testers who aren't level limited like we are and can play full time. If there glaring problems with balance they should be evident to them at that point in time. I don't mind some nerf cries but bide your time, its still too early.
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 02-08-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Removed the quote

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    Lol than you havent been playing pre 1.2 WEs couldnt 1 shot anyone like sabs and VKs can. Pre 1.2 WEs were not even close to as OP as sabs are right now. I also supported that WE nerf in 1.2 though they took it to far making WEs the worst class in the game and buffing there mirror to best MDPS class in the game.

Actually if you look at the time to kill, from opener to death the WE did it faster in most of these. Sab doesn't usually 100-0 unless the player is really squishy or a few levels below them. In most cases it takes a full 5 point (6 gcd) + another 3-5 point (unless you get really lucky with crits) If the player can heal themselves, it's two full 5 point 6 gcd. In the time it takes to build these, Sab is almost dead vs a player with the right build.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Angina B View Post
    Nobody is saying not to balance. Trying to balance end game off the whines of someone level 20 is just going to throw off end game pointlessly. Considering how easy it is to setup multiple roles, why would to try to balance things level by level. People trying to solo in a healer/tank/utility spec is a good example.

There are alpha testers who aren't level limited like we are and can play full time. If there glaring problems with balance they should be evident to them at that point in time. I don't mind some nerf cries but bide your time, its still too early.
    except the main things people are talking about are OP at 10 OP at 15 OP at 20 OP at 25 OP at 30 and OP at 35. What makes you think all of a sudden things are balanced at 50?
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 02-08-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Edited the quote

Ascendant

Actually if you look at the time to kill, from opener to death the WE did it faster in most of these. Sab doesn't usually 100-0 unless the player is really squishy or a few levels below them. In most cases it takes a full 5 point (6 gcd) + another 3-5 point (unless you get really lucky with crits) If the player can heal themselves, it's two full 5 point 6 gcd. In the time it takes to build these, Sab is almost dead vs a player with the right build.
    except those were all ganks Whiute lions when they broke leonine frenzy there pets were killing faster than any WE could before 1.2. WEs pre 1.2 were way way lesss dangerous when it was 10v10 than they were out solo ganking..

Telaran

except the main things people are talking about are OP at 10 OP at 15 OP at 20 OP at 25 OP at 30 and OP at 35. What makes you think all of a sudden things are balanced at 50?
    I'm not saying they are. The argument people are making that you're missing is, we haven't played at 50, thus we lack perspective. As I said before, bide your time.

Ascendant

And regardless of which is worse WEs were nerfed into the groung for over 6 months they were the worst class. Hopefully sabs can be nerfed without making them useless.

Telaran

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Angina B View Post

well said

Dont take jaym7018 too serious, once hes finished with nerfhammering "saboteurs" he will move on to the next class he think is OP, just wait and see.

But i agree completely it is too early in a game to yell for nerfs based on so little playtime, and yes if there is something that realy need a fix before launch i trust the alpha testers completely to judge this.
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 02-08-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Edited the quote

Yeesh! every single class has an OP soul. Look at pyromancer and stormcaller for instance. lets give stormcaller over 100% damage on their base spell damage. Or lets have a pyromancer crit for 1700 damage at level 30. People have just taken the time to read the souls and find out how strong they are. Most of the classes synergy doesn't come into fruition until level 50. Please do not complain about something that you lack to understand jaym7018. You have been trolling forums for a while and most of us recognize you as a troll and do not like the fact that you always have something negative to say. Corwynn pointed this out multiple times in multiple threads.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by hyttemaier View Post

well said

Dont take jaym7018 too serious, once hes finished with nerfhammering "saboteurs" he will move on to the next class he think is OP, just wait and see.

But i agree completely it is too early in a game to yell for nerfs based on so little playtime, and yes if there is something that realy need a fix before launch i trust the alpha testers completely to judge this.
    i dont feel anything else is OP so once sabs are nerfed ill be back to posting theorycrafted builds like the rest of you.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-08-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    Yeesh! every single class has an OP soul. Look at pyromancer and stormcaller for instance. lets give stormcaller over 100% damage on their base spell damage. Or lets have a pyromancer crit for 1700 damage at level 30. People have just taken the time to read the souls and find out how strong they are. Most of the classes synergy doesn't come into fruition until level 50. Please do not complain about something that you lack to understand jaym7018. You have been trolling forums for a while and most of us recognize you as a troll and do not like the fact that you always have something negative to say. Corwynn pointed this out multiple times in multiple threads.
    and that 100% base damage on stormcaller spells still result in cloudburst never hitting for more than 500 or so thats with 3 electrifieds ice shear and static flux and 50% crit damage from elementalist. And ive never seen cinderburst hit for 1700 .most i have seen at 35 is around 1200 and thats with elementalists 50% crit damage and that ability has a 6 second cast ( yes i know what pyro armor does)
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-08-2011 at 11:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast