Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Warriors need to be nerfed before live.

Quote Originally Posted by Maderas View Post

d) INSTANT CAST FULL HEALS
    That right there cost you any credibility you may have had.

By all means devs, please take instant cast full heals away from the warrior class.
    Last edited by Melnock; 02-08-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Melnock View Post
    By all means devs, please take instant cast full heals away from the warrior class.
    Glad you agree. Touch of Life is indeed a bit too much for an eight point skill.

b) More CC than a goddamned mage soul, making them next to impossible to kite or control,

- tanky - warriors should be the best CCers imo. Letting a high dps, ranged class be the primary CC is one of the reasons wow pvp fails so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    b) More CC than a goddamned mage soul, making them next to impossible to kite or control,

- tanky - warriors should be the best CCers imo. Letting a high dps, ranged class be the primary CC is one of the reasons wow pvp fails so hard.
    Yeah, thats smart, lets do that. NOT.
    Warriors having the best cc simply does not make sense, at all.

Its funny i just came from the beta forums, you replace the word warrior with the word rogue, cleric, or mage, you have an identical thread.

I suppose the game is more balanced than anyone thought, when every class is complaining about every other class, huh?
    Last edited by Skaleek; 02-08-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oljemannen View Post
    Yeah, thats smart, lets do that. NOT.
    Warriors having the best cc simply does not make sense, at all.
    Obviously because RIft is every other mmo where mages are the ones that get the best cc's? If you want a game where every class is typecast, then go play another game...that goes for everyone complaining about how warrior has one soul with a friggin 10min cd self heal as well or that we have a lame range skill that craps out due to poor scaling ability. I could care less if rogues ran around shootin lightning bolts out of their nuts and clerics had chainsaws for arms if that's what Trion decides, at least I won't be stuck playing a game where I am relegated to the same old crap uninspired class system.
    Last edited by wraith228; 02-08-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Soulwalker

Well said, wraith.

Quote Originally Posted by wraith228 View Post
    Obviously because RIft is every other mmo where mages are the ones that get the best cc's? If you want a game where every class is typecast, then go play another game...that goes for everyone complaining about how warrior has one soul with a friggin 10min cd self heal as well or that we have a lame range skill that craps out due to poor scaling ability. I could care less if rogues ran around shootin lightning bolts out of their nuts and clerics had chainsaws for arms if that's what Trion decides, at least I won't be stuck playing a game where I am stuck playing the same old crap uninspired class system.
    Thats what the mage lore in Rift says i guess, i dont know about the "strongest" cc but definitely the most cc's as they cant take a train to the face like a warrior can.

Ive played my fair share of mmo's, thank you, i like rift, im sticking to it.
    Last edited by oljemannen; 02-08-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

Quote Originally Posted by wraith228 View Post
    rogues ran around shootin lightning bolts out of their nuts and clerics had chainsaws for arms
    Thank you, putting that in my sig.
    Last edited by Ryalt; 02-08-2011 at 07:50 PM.

As the title says. The class is overpowered all around right now, a couple choice souls disgustingly so. Everybody is so busy complaining about Saboteurs who have to spend 7-8 GCDs stacking charges for a kill and wear armor made out of tissue paper when warriors dependent on spec can have any combination of:

a) a truckload of armor, enough so that I can barely scratch one my own level as a 34 MM with 30% passive armor penetration and the best ranged weapon I've found in beta,

c) Obscene damage, to the point they'd kill the aforementioned Saboteurs everybody's whining about with 3-4 abilities if they actually caught up to them,

d) INSTANT CAST FULL HEALS,

e) Ranged attacks that hit harder than all of my level 35 Marksman abilities save for a 5 point crit Deadeye Shot.

If this trend continues, literally everybody who plays beta will be a warrior in release. It's already become unplayable in the 30-35 warfronts, where the last match I played had no less than two thirds of the enemy team playing warriors. Trion, please fix.
    a) Warriors are supposed to have a lot of armor, it's sort of a requirement of plate.
    b.) Impossible to kite or control??? See your point C
    c) So Saboteurs can take on warriors with ease?
    d) that's not plural. It's one instant cast heal and you have to lose DPS to get it and it's on a 10 minute counter.
    e) Flamespear and Discharge have been cited many times as being a problem. An adjustment to these abilities should fix warriors.

If the game continued to level cap, you as a marksman would have no problem staying out of range of the riftblade. Your 51 point ability lets you leap back 20 meters, on top of your pushback attacks, speed boosts, picking up a sab skill level 0 soul, I think you would have enough to keep just out of range of the warrior. Their damage would be reduced with resistance gear and with some support you could easily wafflestomp any warrior.

The problem here is that you are only concerned with PvP and it's balance. There needs to be consideration of the PvE element of the game. Without solid level cap data, you could probably destroy an entire calling and imbalance the game by complaining so actively about 1 or 2 skills on 1 or 2 souls of a calling in PvP.

Somewhere in this thread you complained about Titan's Strike. Do you know what kind of damage your marksman will put out at level 50? How many ranks of Titan's Strike will the champion get? How will it's damage scale? The point is, you cannot speak to end game PvP yet. The trip to max level will have certain classes overpowered for certain level gaps. It is very difficult to balance every soul combo for all level ranges all the way to level 50. A game this dynamic mandates that 1v1 will not be balanced, which is why you must rely on tactics and teamwork.

As it stands now, Warriors have the most tank souls, but from what i've seen in all the instances I've run, rouges tank better than a warrior. Warriors take way too much damage in PvE and this should be addressed if they are going to be a large portion of the tanking community, otherwise some calling has to step in and be the DPS that rouges would have been if they were not busy tanking.

TLDR; Nerf Flamespear and Discharge by way of Cooldowns or damage numbers and let the game release. Once people hit 50 and test things out, re-evaluate. (yes that means looking at all soul combos to balance things out)

I read the OP roughly 45 minutes ago and this still has me laughing. How much mileage is someone going to get out of a move with a 10m CD? I personally participated in about 20 warfronts as a warrior in Beta 5 and the one resounding thing I came away with was that ranged rogues seemed to have a direct link to my *****hole. I felt like a lump of fresh meat in Sam Quentin.

Pal, I used a little logic to incur that I for one was in full pve tank spec Pal/War and that I purposely bypassed all pvp related moves for tanking mitigation for non-pvp related scenarios. It would be asinine for me to rate warriors off my limited experience from warfronts in the 20-29 bracket. Nearly half of my end game talent pts have been distributed at this point.

I just don't know how Your or I can rate a mid-level pvp experience without important factors such as pvp gear and spec. I am not even sure if the pvp specs are accessible yet but I did notice it for sale on the vendor and by the end of the night I did have enough favor to purchase it. I never did get around to it however. Maybe things aren't as bad as you think.

*back to the heal with a 10m CD. This heal is on the GCD and since the move has such a long CD you find yourself trying to save it for just the right moment. In general you want to get the most out of it I.E. being nearly dead before use. I personally died a couple of times in the GCD void trying to pop it last second. It simply isn't that great of a move. In pvp or pve otherwise. I died on a boss in IT during the GCD void. I think a good solution may be to take it off the GCD and cut the heal and CD in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Hhug View Post
    More specifics then "warrior class". Souls, abilities, would be a good starter.

I play MM and at 35 I've destroyed any/everything I come across in Warfronts. Healers are tough without Cd's up and even then. I've never had a problem with a warrior. Maybe it's your soul combination/skill level?
    i didnt do much WF, but in world pvp all i had to do on my MM was bullseye+strafe->dead eye shot, to kill 90% of people i come across, the tanky wars just needed a hit&run-> empowered shotx2-> deadeye shot to finish the job. clerics were the only class to survive, but they couldnt kill me. as much as i love the ownage MM is right now, i wouldn't be surprised if a nerf is coming to it.

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Redô View Post
    Been critted by marksmen for over 1.2k damage at level 30, wearing 4 blues and 3 purples. Their damage is fine.

Dominator has more cc than all warriors combined.

Saboteurs are squishy. Everyone can 3-4 shot them, if given the chance.

Only paladins have that, on a 10 minute cooldown.

You're terrible.
    just wanna say "like"

that has 10 minute cooldown......

in games, there will be always winners and whiners....we already know where do you belong.

If you can't get rid of warriors as a Marksman.... lol seriously. Go play Pac-Man.

But be careful!! I hear ghosts can 1-shot you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redô View Post
    Been critted by marksmen for over 1.2k damage at level 30, wearing 4 blues and 3 purples. Their damage is fine.

Dominator has more cc than all warriors combined.

Saboteurs are squishy. Everyone can 3-4 shot them, if given the chance.

Only paladins have that, on a 10 minute cooldown.

You're terrible.
    WORD! Pesonally I dont think Warriors need to be nurfed. Im glad they do well in damage, umm they are supposed to, lol. Its the clerics and the mages that need increases!
    I was poppin' SoW's and dropping skels in Unrest back when you WoW babies were still sucking milk from your momma's tit.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast