+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Instead of adventuring, anyone else gonna start this one off stictly crafting?

Default Instead of adventuring, anyone else gonna start this one off stictly crafting?

Seems like most the options are for what class your gonna be fighting with?

Anyone else gonna start this one just battling the crafting bug? I know information is still on the anarexic side but ...

Theres gotta be (you would think) at least

Armors
    Weapons
    Carrying/Inventory storage options
    Travel (horse/boat by some of the released game footage)

Any thoughts.

I will more than likely start off adventuring, but it really depends on how the crafting system looks. If they take the easy way out and just go for a Wow-type system where it's a guaranteed combine and you can have the game crank out a million copper tubes or tin cans or whatever then I may pass on it completely. But a good, well thought-out crafting system can take the game a long way and I'm really hoping that they put a lot of work into it.

The Unofficial Oldschool Server - Because a kick-*** community doesn't just build itself.
    Also, be sure to visit RiftSeekers so that Faelor doesn't beat me this week.

Vanguard's crafting design was good except for the grinding and grinding and grinding and grinding... You had to think about your combines and actually use some strategy or you failed... that was good. I am all for that. Doing work orders over and over again for xp? no thanks. Doing the same combines over and over again for skill ups (ala EQ)? no thanks.

Make crafting quest based and I may do it. But, I am an adventurer first, so I would have to be bored as Hell or there would have to be a compelling reason like access to really good gear to do it at all. So, to answer your question: no, I am not planning to focus on crafting at release.

well, im gonna test classes in the betas (hope they last enough to get a good perspective onto what classes are like)
    if i reach the MAX BETA LEVEL im gonna try crafting also

I love crafting, but generally I like to explore and do some adventuring as well. Usually I'm a real slow poke as far as reaching max level because of that. I always just have to tinker with all the different aspects of a game. Probably have my main do both and than have a couple of adventuring alts and a couple of crafting mules.

Not gonna do JUST crafting but will be pretty heavy into it.

After all, adventurers are gonna need good equipment.

It will entirely depend on what system they will be using, if crafting is a system that is complex and similiar to the system SWG applied for example. I will most certainly focus on crafting first (IF it is usefull). However if it is something like VG I will pass and do adventuring first and then i'll see what I will do next.

It kinda depends how much TRION will be hyping crafting and my experiences in beta (if I get into it)

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Shadowlander

I quite liked the crafting system of Vanguard to be honest. The factions that were involved, too. I just think that, in the beginning, both Diplomacy and Crafting grind were a bit overdone. It simply took too long so if you wanted to be competitive in PVE, you had to drop your plans to up your crafting and diplomacy profession.. or that's what we thought until we realized we didnt need to be competitive because raidcontent came later anyways .p

On topic: I'd never start out a game solely crafting, but if the crafting system is engaging i would probably be into crafting consumables. That's a thing i liked in EQ2. It used consumables in a good way. Not overdone or underdone there.

I always, if the crafting system is good, start off doing a little of everything.

With my Warrior in VG, I actually at one point was much higher in crafting then in adventuring lol

I usually start crafting as soon as I'm out of the newbie area and am able to. Mainly to produce some better gear for my new char. I'm not the sort of player who goes from 1-max cap in whatever they can find with the assumption that end game gear is the only gear worth having, I like to equip myself in the best I can get for that level. But like desertyeti...I take my time levelling, because I like exploring all the different aspects of the game.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

I'm always amazed about ppl who starts leveling up the crafting sphere first. It's interesting to see that much passion for this sphere.
    I go first for the Adv. sphere. I would be very happy if the crafting sphere isn't just endless workorder grinding. The thing i like to experience the most: Crafting Quests interrelate with Adv. Quest.

I always focus on the adventuring side of things first. Crafting always is secondary for me. I don't see that changing with Rift
    Level 65 Ranger of Temerity - Al'kabor (EQMac) http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1420331

Video Games - For the Real Gamer

Default Adventurous Crafting

I'm a tradeskiller at heart, but love to run about finding new ways to get myself into serious trouble, as well.

I will most likely delve into both. This all depends on the complexity and creative design of the crafting system, of course. Can't wait to see what's in store.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegyssa View Post
    I'm a tradeskiller at heart, but love to run about finding new ways to get myself into serious trouble, as well.

I will most likely delve into both. This all depends on the complexity and creative design of the crafting system, of course. Can't wait to see what's in store.
    In my oppinion the sooner they release a lot of info about crafting the clearer the indication that crafting will actually be a serious concept in the game. I often miss the SWG days where crafting was actually something you could do in the game instead of adventure. If ya for example look at SWTOR well we know there will be crafting but there is hardly any info of it yet. I will doubt it will be much innovative or support pure crafter playstyle.

Where for example a game like VG and SWG talked about crafting early on and both managed to set up a system that wasnt to everyones liking but atleast created a large crafting fan base for each specific approach.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

You know after re-reading my title, I think I over-stated my meaning. I did mean that the crafting would generally come first, but you have to adventure a bit here and there, and maybe a harvest toon or two. Im so anxious to get some more details on the crafting and harvesting spheres, but no hurry Trion. Plz just dont dumb it down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast