+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are Multiple Chloros Good?

Rift Disciple

Default Are Multiple Chloros Good?

Are multiple Chloros good for raid type situations, or is more than one Chloro not much better than one?
    If I am in a raid, is it better to choose a different healer soul if I suspect that there will already be a Chloro?
    Are there any other healing souls that anyone would recommend?

General of Telara

For group healing you can use as many chloros as you want. Previously this was not possible but it was changed with the release of the current expansion.

In the current meta it's a waste of raid space to use a full healer like 61 chloro because the supporters (archon, bard, oracel) can do this job just as well and support the raid with useful buffs at the same time.

If you want to heal as Mage you should have a look at the Chlorochon.
    Last edited by Bamul; 11-11-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Rift Disciple

Thank you for your reply.
    Actually, Bard is my favorite soul, but since only one Bard is needed in a raid, I thought that I should make a healer instead.

Depends how fresh you are and your guild is in terms of raiding. I.e. if you're all badly geared, chloro is a nice safety net for 1st boss BoS, considering they do the most HPS in game currently by quite a margin.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

Default chloro's in raid

You can run more than 1 chloro in raid but it is not necessary and probably a loss. The reason why is chloro puts out the most HPs in game atm. Having 2 chloros will just increase your overheals, however; if you run a tact bard, lib or warden you can increase dps and damage mitigation to the raid. All have mitigation abilities within the spec or in the tree and would be a bigger gain for your raid. So while you can run 2 chloros its just not worth it to do so with the amount of heals the chloro already puts out. Also while putting out a ton of raw heals the chloro has no mitigation abilities or talent points in the tree like the other healers. If you are asking because first boss BoS i would run chloro/tactbard or chloro/lib for the healers.
    Major Constipator the bad dream
    Primaelfear
    feardonkey and others

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Depends how fresh you are and your guild is in terms of raiding. I.e. if you're all badly geared, chloro is a nice safety net for 1st boss BoS, considering they do the most HPS in game currently by quite a margin.
    I have had the experience that most deaths are unfortunate circumstances that could rarely have been avoided by more healing. Two hybrid healers (Bard/Oracle and Chlorochon) produce more than enough healing even with mediocre equipment. The additional DPS gain from not having one full healer makes most encounters even easier because fewer of these unfortunate situations can occur.

With Azranel you win so much time with an additional DPS player that you are even faster with 2 dead players than with a full healer. Only when you run out of battle rezzes you should consider using a full healer.
    Last edited by Bamul; 11-14-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Rift Disciple

Thank you for your replies.
    Would Frostkeeper be good for a raid? They have some damage mitigation.
    They were awesome a few years ago, but I haven't heard much about them for a while. I'm guessing that they were nerfed.

Xly
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DrGantz View Post
    Thank you for your replies.
    Would Frostkeeper be good for a raid? They have some damage mitigation.
    They were awesome a few years ago, but I haven't heard much about them for a while. I'm guessing that they were nerfed.
    Apart from 2nd Boss in BoS and maybe 1st Boss TD NM, there's no use for a real tank healer in this content. Since Chantion does a lot more damage, people tend to use that for tank heals when needed. FK does work though

+ Reply to Thread