+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help choosing farming class

Default Need help choosing farming class

Whats the highest dps class for solo farming?
    Survivability isn't important to me, only max ST damage to mow down mobs fast.

My current main is a mage but I'm not sure its the most effective class for this purpose and which souls are best.
    Last edited by Adansonia; 10-12-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    Dimensions on NA: Shoreward spa @ Faeblight

Dimensions on EU: ENIGMA - the Spa @ Zaviel
    Marcienn's Magic Mansion @ Zaviel

Xly
    Plane Touched

That would have to be Riftblade with 2 Warchanter. Unkillable and does about 1.4mil dps in a raid ;)

Max ST damage is primalist

I think it is the PL/Vulc spec (which I don't know how to play lol)
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

Max St is PL/Vulc primalist, but it has ramp up time.

Dervish predator is very front loaded ST for fast kills. Same with Shaman and Nightblade or MM rogue.

Are you sure you want just ST and don't care about survival? For farming I'd prefer AoE and self healing for faster clearing and no downtime.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-07-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Adansonia View Post
    Whats the highest dps class for solo farming?
    Survivability isn't important to me, only max ST damage to mow down mobs fast.

My current main is a mage but I'm not sure its the most effective class for this purpose and which souls are best.
    I think survivability plays a crucial role if you want to farm effectively solo. If you play a spec with the ability to heal yourself in combat and cleave down a large number of opponents, you can pull endless mobs at the same time without the risk of dying. In this way you are also faster than a spec that can only do good ST damage. Because you play a Mage, 61 Harbinger/9 Chloro/6 Arbiter or 61 Harbinger/9 Chloro/6 Stormcaller is a good choice because you are very fast (runspeed, teleport, charge), you can make yourself invisible, you can stun your opponents and with the self-healing you are practically impossible to kill. At the same time you can do a lot of damage around you (even if the mobs are standing in your back) while you keep moving, so you can kill the mobs while running to your next target.
    Last edited by Bamul; 01-07-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Talking

When having a class to Farm i assume you are talking about the one which kills alot of innocent animals and takes theyr hides? bc then 61 NB 0Ranger 15 Tactican is a brutal way to kill any group of worldmobs on a driveby. having the wasps in the east of the tenebrian crater in 3 packs and far away from each other the times of 60 dendrome aoe slaughtering are gone- in that case (+Xly) RBT 61 Riftblade 4 chanter 11 tempest is pretty much immortal, delivers almost full dps on max range, max st cooldown is 15 secs. A @gtae teleport proccs a reset on abilities, @gtae aoe stun for relaxed mounting, built in runspeed, is fun and satifying to play and doesn't even take a soul as farmspot since you can carry top dps in raids with it. It's like NT Harbinger but way less stressful on 1,5 secs gcd. With active Icyburst you basically rightclick targets and do 200k already.

@Skiye you again wtf

@Adansonia nice dimensions
    Last edited by Shas; 01-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Champion

Warrior may not have a very useful support spec but they have some of the best and most used heal, dps and tank roles in the game which completely fills the holy trinity of older mmo games. They are very fun to play and not so hard to compete against most other classes both in PvP and PvE. Possibly the best choice if you consider buying soul packs which most high end raid leaders require you to have in many cases anyway.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-14-2019 at 08:59 PM.

For farming I prefer Druidalist and a Nightsab variant where you drop ranger and move a few points from sab into tactician to snag legendary curative engine. Straight up 61 riftblade and 61 Harbinger also work great for farming.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread