+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee vs Ranged

Rift Disciple

Default Melee vs Ranged

Ranged has obvious advantages over melee.
    Does melee have enough extra damage or other advantages to make it worth it?

I play a Sin. It often gets frustrating because I try to attack, but other people keep moving the mobs around.

I've been thinking of making a ranged toon with a stealth side soul.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DrGantz View Post
    Ranged has obvious advantages over melee.
    Does melee have enough extra damage or other advantages to make it worth it?

I play a Sin. It often gets frustrating because I try to attack, but other people keep moving the mobs around.

I've been thinking of making a ranged toon with a stealth side soul.
    If you play rogue then you shouldn't only play one set of combination of souls. You get roles that are purchasable so you can experiment with different combinations. There is no real making of mistakes where you have to reroll your class as you can continuously reroll the same role over and over again or get new roles by purchasing them for plat and switching between them whenever out of combat.

Well, they have really abandoned the meta of melee vs. range dps for some classes in my opinion but for rogue NightBlade should be better off than MM. Some souls are obviously more pointless to play because they are not all balanced correctly so yes.. you find that sometimes MM is better than some other melee souls. And some melee souls are worse than other range souls when you cross balance classes etc. Balance is really messed up in Rift these days.

You can create whatever type of combination of souls you want but it doesn't mean that they are best for whatever content you want to do. Look at the Rogue Compendium for more advice about what players are leaning towards for whatever content you play. For the most part players have min/max most of the classes DPS to the point where they have mostly figured out the top dps of souls and most wanted soul configurations for raiding.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 09-19-2018 at 03:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread