+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Braer
  • 2 Post By Cileriqao
  • 1 Post By Braer

Thread: Buff Stacking Groups, update 5/16/2018

Default Buff Stacking Groups, update 5/16/2018

BUFF STACKING GROUPS
    Updated buff stacking for numerous abilities across all callings for both passive and active buffs. Many of these were giving inappropriate bonuses due to being placed in an incorrect stacking group.
    So there is a long list here of buffs that were changed or had their groupings changed. Is there any guild to how they changed, though? For example, as a Mage:

Mage
    Archon – Illuminate (Legendary – Illuminated Earth buff)
    Arbiter – Arcane Shielding
    Arbiter – Biting Wind (Legendary)
    Arbiter – Mana Aegis
    Warlock – Neddra’s Grasp (Legendary)
    Was Illuminate stacking with something it shouldn't be? Does this mean it no longer stacks with Archon's Bulwark - Earth? What other group is it in with?

Do Arcane Shielding and Mana Aegis no longer stack? They are -- kind of -- passively activated. Will one overwrite the other now? Will one simply not proc if the other is up? If so, will the cooldown itself still get invoked, though, and essentially waste one of your defensive buffs? These two can easily proc at the same time, like if you build full-enough charge then immediately dump it with Soothing Waters, or vice versa if you run yourself low on charge and use Swirling Winds.

What possible buff grouping is Biting Wind (Legendary) now in? Does it make it useless with certain other buffs? If so, which ones?

For that matter, what possible buff category is Neddra’s Grasp (Legendary) now in? It's literally been broken for years. Slowly it gets patched, but it's progressed as a change of error messages. Is it finally fixed and working correctly, and having Lingering Torment no longer being overwritten by other Mages? Or has it been changed that Neddra’s Grasp itself gets overwritten from one Mage to the next, or based on which one is higher or something?

These are just quick examples. I have questions with pretty much this whole category of the patch. Will these be explained at some point?
    Last edited by Braer; 05-16-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Rift Disciple

not sure yet , and since they just throw everything straight onto live servers instead of opening alpha for people to test on it we have no idea. In theory or judging from the tooltip, shouldnt be a problem or wrong to have illuminated earth stack with bulwark , since pillaging stone is in fact a prim bolt , should be stacked just like granite salvo. guess we'll wait to see.

the LNG/pyro and lock passive are worrying me as well.
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

Quote Originally Posted by Cileriqao View Post
    the LNG/pyro and lock passive are worrying me as well.
    They all worry me, to be honest. The lack of details are not reassuring. I just grabbed the top examples and then noticed the already still broken.

Thank you for responding.

Rift Disciple

well now pyrolock / 15 necro / MW all got nerfed 2-300k , guess we'll have to deal with it.

good thing is lingering torment overwriting got fixed.

but from the recent datamine , this worries me a bit

< 1424929210:Warlock abilities deal 20% more damage while under this effect.
    ---
    > 1424929210:Increases damage of the caster's Mage abilities by [%INCDMGPERCENT0]%.

might have been SLD tooltip or LNG rework

if its LNG rework , depends on if they keep the damage (if not every spec with LNG in it is gonna cut another 60-120k dps on top of the 2-300k dps loss after patch for pyro and lock) , and whether they keep the 20% on all abilites but not just warlock abilities (if not pyrolock and dpschon will be f'ed)
    but if its LNG (tooltip) rework and keeping the damage and effect , lock might have a slight dps gain.

but judging from recent patch , doesnt look like anything like that , maybe i am just worrying too much..?
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 05-23-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

+ Reply to Thread