+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Refuge

Thread: Balance Idea's

Soulwalker

Default Balance Idea's

Due to a ton of issues on the balance of this game I feel it's necessary to press my stance on it, on all classes not limited to one or a set number of specs based upon any set values I have towards the performance itself. For me personally I think that melee specs should have their set values above range and for that reason I have constructed this "wish list" if you even want to call it that. Bare in mind I expect these numbers out of the classes by T2 content moving foward! Should be the dps goals for a lot of classes before anything specific is nerfed IE Hellfire Blades and or Fury Blast specs.

Melee DPS ST
    >>> Primal Lord: 1.3 - 1.6mil(100% melee,no dc, st)
    >>> Paragon: 1.2 - 1.6mil(st, no dc,)
    >>> Harbinger: 1.3 - 1.5mil(no dc, st)
    >>> Shaman: 1.4 - 1.5mil(minmaxed)
    >>> Assassin: 1.2-1.6mil(100% melee, no dc, minmaxed)
    Ranged DPS ST
    >>> Maelstrom: 1.1 - 1.4mil (minmaxed)
    >>> Marksmen: 1.1 - 1.3mil(minmaxed)
    >>> Inquisitor: 1.2 - 1.3mil(minmaxed)
    >>> Reaver: 1.1 - 1.2mil(single target)
    >>> Tempest: 1.2-1.3mil(minmaxed)
    >>> Pyro: 1.1 - 1.4mil(minmaxed)
    >>> Vulcanist: 1.1 - 1.3mil (Single Target)
    Melee AoE
    >>> Beserker: 4mil - 4.8mil(No dc)
    >>> Shaman: 3.5 - 4mil(No dc, minmaxed)
    >>> Champion: 3.8 - 4.8mil(minmaxed, no dc)
    Ranged AoE DPS
    >>> Cabalist: 3.5 - 4.4mil(8 targets)
    >>> Cabalist: 2.6 - 3.3mil(5 targets)

>>> Saboteur: 4.5 - 4.7mil(8 targets)[/B]

I feel like it is important to have quite a few of these specs brought up to these tiers of capabilities, I am sick of just 2 classes being able to pull top notch dps and leaning on them just for cleave and or obsurd single target dps(at range) that makes it impossible to be competitive as any other class, especially without the eternal being completed for those classes which are under the top specs/classes in the current state of the game. I don't think any single change is going to rectify or fix anything for the rest of RIFT's time as a game, I do think that balances should be there however to push the community to be creative and innovative in their efforts to break limits and continue through completing content.

Thank you for reading this, I want your opinion now, keep it friendly and let the devs see what you want in this thread, it needs to be heard now and brought to the lime light so they can work on it!

Aiotta/Aiovva/Xanthicore/Naiyo/Xivi<- @ Deepwood
    Last edited by Antiquissimus; 04-16-2018 at 09:26 PM.

I'm just so confused by this. These are your suggested outputs? Or whats current? Some of these peaks are already doable. And if it's suggested why is melee 300k more. No need for that large of a gap, particularly considering Rogues have incredible initial damage capabilities already. You'll have to explain further.

Secondly you seem to have made a valiant effort here but it's clearly wasted. Trion seem to have a lot of difficulties with balance atm in terms of staff not actually being confident enough with the coding of the game to make any decent amendments. Hence none have been done on live. Why do you think they haven't already? They can't be bothered?
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-26-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread