+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who is who ? (experienced players only)

Soulwalker

Default Who is who ? (experienced players only)

Hello,

I've been reading/searching for guides and information about who fits who.

As in, which class is better for which role.

I see many players saying many many different things.

Let's be honest, this is an MMORPG and there has to be a meta..

My questions for the veterans :

1. while in a dungeon who do you prefer as tank ?
    2. while in a dungeon who do you prefer as healer ?
    3. while in a raid who do you prefer as tank ?
    4. while in a raid who do you prefer as healer ?

Also, to clear things up, we all agree each class can play either role (thank you developers) but there has to be one class you pick over the other because of X.

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day,

Durodosh

I would like to add these as well:

5. Which is preferred for Single Target PVE DPS?
    6. Which is preferred for AoE PVE DPS?
    7. Most effective support soul build for raids?

Plane Walker

This guide is a must for raid leaders. I suggest you memorize most of it or at least have it for reference.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...g-updated.html

As for raiding. Depending on the boss mechanics and if they have adds you will have better outcomes with different raid makeups and player skill levels. At times there are classes that are worse/best in slot in multiple categories and even though they may not be the best in slot you would want them to play something like support or tank because they suffer from having even worse dps or healing.

That is the conundrum in Rift atm with its rollercoaster balance. For instance, you can have a player who loves the idea of tanking/supporting as a rogue and they can actually be towards the top in those roles for a boss mechanic but at the same time they excel so far ahead of another class in dps with cleave you want them to dps and the other class that is lacking in dps to tank or support or heal even if they are toward the bottom in those senarios.YMMV.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-15-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    This guide is a must for raid leaders. I suggest you memorize most of it or at least have it for reference.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...g-updated.html

As for raiding. Depending on the boss mechanics and if they have adds you will have better outcomes with different raid makeups and player skill levels. At times there are classes that are worse/best in slot in multiple categories and even though they may not be the best in slot you would want them to play something like support or tank because they suffer from having even worse dps or healing.

That is the conundrum in Rift atm with its rollercoaster balance. For instance, you can have a player who loves the idea of tanking/supporting as a rogue and they can actually be towards the top in those roles for a boss mechanic but at the same time they excel so far ahead of another class in dps with cleave you want them to dps and the other class that is lacking in dps to tank or support or heal even if they are toward the bottom in those senarios.YMMV.
    This link is beautiful tyvm

+ Reply to Thread