+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having trouble deciding on a class for Prime

Soulwalker

Default Having trouble deciding on a class for Prime

I enjoy classes that are caster based, high damage, and Dot's ( damage over time) abilities

I enjoy pvp ing mostly, and I have issues when it comes to having to click 50 different buttons, So I need something somewhat simple if possible.

I was thinking warlock ot necromancer, but I saw the warlock has way to much complex stuff to do, any advice?

If you want to be a mage, I'd try pyromancer or elementalist. Both farely easy to play IMO.
    I'm playing a rogue bard and loving it!
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Or just go Necro/ lock
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by StarSphinx View Post
    I enjoy classes that are caster based, high damage, and Dot's ( damage over time) abilities

I enjoy pvp ing mostly, and I have issues when it comes to having to click 50 different buttons, So I need something somewhat simple if possible.

I was thinking warlock ot necromancer, but I saw the warlock has way to much complex stuff to do, any advice?
    Cleric is the most outdated class mechanically in Rift.I wouldn't touch them for prime. Rogue is the go to for most people playing prime. They are already kicking *** at low levels in pvp and dungeons with sab. Mage and warrior are alternative options for a second character slot. But honestly play rogue and warrior if PvP is your focus.. which is a wierd focus in my opinion since this prime server should be PvE focused anyway.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-09-2018 at 01:50 AM.

Soulwalker

just wondering now, for Prime, is there any good pvp mage builds?

I really dont like playing rogues or warriors ;(

Ascendant

When in doubt roll a rogue, so no butthurt envy later.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by StarSphinx View Post
    just wondering now, for Prime, is there any good pvp mage builds?

I really dont like playing rogues or warriors ;(
    You don't like the idea of playing a rogue or warrior which is not the proper ideal to have since rogue is actually a caster if you consider what a caster should do. Do they have DoTs? Yes, Do they have cast times? Again Yes. Do they have teleports? Yes. Do they have channels? Yes. Can they eventually Single Target and AoE heal? yes. Can they tank? Yes. Can they do damage from range? Yes. Etc. They have all the mechanics of a caster when you look into their sub souls but actually less of the restrictions. The difference is that most view rogue as being the least restricted from a design perspective and there is usually no complaints about managing their energy. Like with Clerics on live even with the eternal cabalist and defiler are mana hungry souls and many of the other souls deal with managing you mana. Like even with shaman to top dps in many cases you are managing your mana after AoEing for a bit. It is quite silly actually. I wonder how it will be for them when they don't have access to an eternal weapon...

Lots of people are giving you the right advice to go play a rogue. However, Mage is still very good just they have to wait to storm legion to get some of their restrictions lifted like Archon isn't going to be the best support until after they can get flaring power and enrage is accessed to the warrior at level 48 which is equivalent to flaring power. You can only get flaring at level 60 and the cap is level 50 so warrior is the go to primary support for this expansion. Ideally if they release content so fast that level 60 is just around the corner this won't be felt for too long. Like honestly this is the first time in 7 years that Beastmaster is actually a relevant and best support.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-11-2018 at 06:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread