+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rift Prime lv50 quickstart builds

Shadowlander

Updated: Tank and Melee dps.
    Healer's Creed and Carry a Big Stick are not working and so points spent there are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Rogues were fine in chocolate, no such thing as vanilla btw. They actually were one of the first outliers to ever exist with sabdancer grossly breaking balance. There is no reason not to play rogue if the current meta sticks and there is absolutely no class rebalancing before prime rehash content.
    You can call it whatever you want, you know the term "Vanilla" just refers to the base game pre expansions, stop trying to be a special snowflake. I am pretty sure the Zoomancer was the first "balance breaking" spec.. but I could be wrong it has been a few years.

The current meta on live will have little impact on Prime's release. With 51 pts instead of 61 in a soul, no mastery, no legendaries, no ethereal weapons. Not to mention they have already said they are doing some class balancing going into Prime.
    Last edited by Draknox; 03-03-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Draknox View Post
    You can call it whatever you want, you know the term "Vanilla" just refers to the base game pre expansions, stop trying to be a special snowflake. I am pretty sure the Zoomancer was the first "balance breaking" spec.. but I could be wrong it has been a few years.

The current meta on live will have little impact on Prime's release. With 51 pts instead of 61 in a soul, no mastery, no legendaries, no ethereal weapons. Not to mention they have already said they are doing some class balancing going into Prime.
    Zoomancer was not "broken" in a way like in sabodancer.
    Sabodancer was one of those single target and aoe all rolled into one specs.
    However, Sabodancer came way after SC/Ele.
    SC/Ele topped in both single target and aoe, it's less prominent because most of mages in game was not good enough to handle the spec with double charge dump while counting building storm stacks, burning building storm stacks, and counting electrified stacks while burning them accordingly while rotating hypothermia spells as well while keeping up the rotation handling a nearly full cast time spec while doing raid mechanics (which was much more challenging than today's push over lul raids) while also include as much burn during intensify element block.

Back then most/majority of mages played necrolock with soul purge (YES you used to use Soul Purge for it's high dps), and Pyroele.
    So Sabodancer was definitely not the first "game breaking" spec, SC/Ele was one of the oldest spec (also one of the more complicated making old school defilmencer look like 1 button shaman of today). Note the "defilmencer" that every wannabe mages now raved about actually didn't take shape until well into OG HK era and came well after SC/Ele and defilmencer is also hot garbage in AoE.

SC/Ele was killed due to Trion simplifying (streamlining) Stormcaller (due to a lot of wannabe mage complaining SC/Ele being too hard yet they feel it's unfair because SC/Ele is so far ahead of all other mage specs and topped chart in pure single target as well as AoE). Trion killed off building storm mechanics and even removed the battle rez in SC.

Also yes you heard right, Stormcaller was the only dps soul in this game with access to battle rezzes (w/ Spark of Life), talk about broken...

After OG HK introduced set bonus in game all callings cept for Cleric has their fair share of "op" dps spec, most notably warrior's "weaponmaster (later parachamp)" which used both 2 handed weapon and hot swapping to dual wield back and forth, 2H for champion abilities to take advantage of the 30% bonus aoe damage set bonus from HK set and dw to use paragon abilities for disconnects and pvp, this spec in melee naturally cleaves as the set bonus made champion aoe spammers stronger than all other single target attacks.
    Rogues had sabodancer, assstalker, bloodstalker.
    Mages had plethora of specs that's broken as well.
    While clerics don't really top in dps chart, every single icar specs fills certain niche as a dps/healing bybrids, so in a way clerics also had broken op specs as well. Also clerics demi-gods were unkillable in wfs.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 03-04-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Shadowlander

Updated: melee dps because of brain lag.

Soulwalker

So Clerics don't have lvl 50 healing specs?

Rift Disciple

Been away for a long while, my last post being nearly 4 years ago, but I do take slight issue with your Archon Build. Unless you're an actual chloro you should NEVER be running LGV/LBV, unless they changed things drastically in those 4 years having a veil up should still lock you out of gaining healing from another Chloro's veil. If you're rocking an actual Chloro in your raid, or god forbid dungeon group, you will never benefit from their heals.

I don't know if PyroChon is still a spec after the Pyromancer rework several years ago, roughly the time I quit, but I have a feeling that would be a more suitable "hybrid" if you're trying to eek extra usefulness out of your Archon. Or I'd love to see HarbChon still bringing respectable numbers, but that's something I'll have to test out later.
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Renruter View Post
    You can use Purifier(especially for leveling) for dungeons but for raids my prediction is no cleric heal wanted for 50

Quote Originally Posted by Livandria View Post
    Been away for a long while, my last post being nearly 4 years ago, but I do take slight issue with your Archon Build. Unless you're an actual chloro you should NEVER be running LGV/LBV, unless they changed things drastically in those 4 years having a veil up should still lock you out of gaining healing from another Chloro's veil. If you're rocking an actual Chloro in your raid, or god forbid dungeon group, you will never benefit from their heals.
    Chloro Veils don't prevent you from getting heals from other Veil healing but you get a good dmg reduction on non chloromancer dmg.
    Last edited by LegitEle; 03-11-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Renruter View Post
    Cleric is not a good class to play in this game for dps and healing in prime. In fact cleric is not a healing class even in live. The devs want to think of them this way and give them an eternal that caters to buffing healing but it just is not true. After Trion added new healing souls to other classes, cleric get outdated as healers. They also make changes to global healing and shielding that effected clerics the most adversely. They changed defiler so it has no links. Said links were going away entirely and almost 1 and half year later mage and warrior still have their links for damage reduction.

What is benefit of playing this class? Well, people won't expect you to perform at a level with other classes in dps and hps. Cleric tanking is still very much seeked after for progression however they are not best tank for every scenario. They are good early game. What is the downside. Pretty much everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknox View Post
    The current meta on live will have little impact on Prime's release.
    I said sab was going to be concern without even testing prime and almost 5 days before its release. To veteran players they can feel these imbalances like intuitions. They don't need to do math to know these things. My prediction about warrior tanks being bad in early prime is also true. And my prediction that rogue and mage were going to be OP is also true. There are people who have the experience to know these things. Devs can choose to ignore them or not. And you are wrong about the current meta not impacting prime. It is already impacting prime.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-12-2018 at 01:30 AM.

Soulwalker

I played rift and raided as a War tank from launch until midway through HK, I loved it and when I heard about Prime I immediately became addicted again.

My question is this. What do you expect to be the top 2 classes to find a guild and Raid Tank? One that will also be useful and sought after when there isn't a need for multiple tanks or when a certain tank is needed.

I'm currently playing a cleric on prime but after reading this thread I'm nervous that I'll spend the next few weeks grinding 8 hours a day to get ready and then not find a guild

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2