+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any experienced endgame Rift players?

Soulwalker

Default Any experienced endgame Rift players?

Hey , i am new to rift and plan on playing Rift prime, i am just curious if there are any experienced players that can help answer some questions i have about end game raiding and pvp, mostly regarding class selections and roles. I have been playing mmorpgs since early EQ days so i have experience in general with mmos , just trying to figure out what endgame in rift is like. Thanks.. we can talk here , or Discord or steam, whatever works.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jixen View Post
    Hey , i am new to rift and plan on playing Rift prime, i am just curious if there are any experienced players that can help answer some questions i have about end game raiding and pvp, mostly regarding class selections and roles. I have been playing mmorpgs since early EQ days so i have experience in general with mmos , just trying to figure out what endgame in rift is like. Thanks.. we can talk here , or Discord or steam, whatever works.
    I predict that at start of Prime it will be complete mess with souls and viable builds - it's hard to suggest anything. For live server rogue & primalist are most solid choices, but it could change when you will be raid ready on live.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

ok, i guess ill just try a class i think looks cool. Most likely going warrior dps route. Warlord or champion maybe.

if you never played rift before, you may want to check the gharstation info on rift prime with the souls you start with.

next, download glyph/rift and in the dropdown, go for pts. Start a char there, play the game past the tutorial and get a bit of a feel for the game that way.

it is possible prime will have more souloptions from the start than rift prime has. hence the check which souls you'll start with when going prime..

Soulwalker

ok thanks, yea that is actually what i have been doing,, just trying different classes on live servers.

ok thanks, yea that is actually what i have been doing,, just trying different classes on live servers.
    I've played all the classes and enjoy parts of each of them. I would have to say cleric was probably the best all around to level but close to rogue. Primalist is still a bit of a challenge to level until you get to the current xpac.

At end game all classes have a decent amount of options except warrior. You can raid with all classes as tank/heal. Support is pretty limited to mages and sometimes primalist, the others are extremely situational to non existent.

Right now warriors don't have a very good dps build, most raiders are using a broken healing hybrid to pull dps.

PvP is entirely different.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Plane Walker

I am old school vet and the best classes then were Rogue and Mage for raiding. Warrior was good at some points but rogue and mage were the classic favorites with most viable souls and soul combinations and that seems to not have changed even today.

Cleric can have some good leveling but considering the last year + they have been nerfing cleric as a main healer and giving them niche DPS specs that don't get practical use I would say not to touch that class. Even though they can level well.. it is pointless.. when the majority of your time is spent after max level.

With the new expansion the Team may try to keep Cleric as important with releasing the other healing souls much later but I suggest stick with mage for healing. Chloro is still better than warden on throughput healing.

As for warrior.. I am on the fence with that class. They are currently the best AoE healers. Seems like they still allow warriors to get the do it all stuff as well. Back in chocolate Rift warriors were able to top dps as a champion in both AoE and ST. This actually required two souls from other classes and they had to switch so they had to pick what to play on that fight. Not warrior. Currently warrior can top DPS and HPS in most of the bosses on the same spec. Some bosses they can't but they have other spec to fall back on like tempest.

Like right now you can literally solo heal as a dps Raid Rifts, most dungeons, and Look for Raid and use Chantion on BOS the last tier raid...it is almost mandatory. Too most of us older Rift players that is broken given that they have multiple specs and should not be having one spec king of everything but it still happening and has been this way for months now.. they haven't done much to change it and its being repeated in some form or the other. Like Reaver back in NT could top ST and AoE dps. Riftblade in Storm Legion can top ST and AoE etc. Then again Rogue NB can do that now with NB so like the best option at the moment and in the last 2 expansions is rogue.

I highly doubt it will ever change to be honest. I really think there is just too many whales playing rogue classes and the fault is really on Trion for not allowing for an easier way to switch to another class. Back then the whales had each of the classes and they didn't care much about a class being on top because they can play whateverr class was at the top anytime they wanted. They built a wall with grind and now its a few whales mostly the rogues calling the shots in my opinion. They are also the most popular class and can do everything very well to the best in practical use atm.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-02-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Primalist is still a bit of a challenge to level until you get to the current xpac.
    There is no Primalist on Prime, afaik.
    Last edited by Fia; 03-02-2018 at 11:48 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread