+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to the game, seeking some help!

Soulwalker

Default New to the game, seeking some help!

Hello fellow rifters..

So, i'm new to rift, but not mmos in general.

And the reason why i'm posting this is just so i can get a rundown of the class, now i'm not asking what is the best class as this question has no definite answer.

I'm just curious to what classes/roles are considered meta in the latest patch. I'm mainly focused on PvE (raids and dgs and so on)

So if anyone with experience could help pointing me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I mainly have one of each class in every mmo i pay so im looking for the meta tank, ranged and melee dps and possibly healers.

Any detailed explanation is greatly encouraged. Thanks!

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    Hello fellow rifters..

And the reason why i'm posting this is just so i can get a rundown of the class, now i'm not asking what is the best class as this question has no definite answer.

I'm just curious to what classes/roles are considered meta in the latest patch. I'm mainly focused on PvE (raids and dgs and so on)

So if anyone with experience could help pointing me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I mainly have one of each class in every mmo i pay so im looking for the meta tank, ranged and melee dps and possibly healers.

Primalist is the best ST DPS
    Rogue is good in any role, good ST DPS, and very good cleave.
    Mage is the best support
    All classes have decent healing and tanking specs, but for progressions cleric tanks are the best, as they have battle rez.
    Warriors in a strange place from dps point of view at the moment.

For current top raid if I would have freedom to choose callings:
    2 cleric tanks (one of them will dps/heal on last boss)
    2 prim st dps
    2 rogue cleave dps
    1 mage archon
    1 warrior so plate loot would not be wasted
    2 - any callings dpses/healers depends on boss (better not prims/rogues, as there is enough competition for leather loot already) .

There were a lot of changes in meta during expansion, but because last person who was working on souls in Rift left Trion I would not expect that anything will change for a long time.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    Hello fellow rifters..

Rogue is the only class worth playing in this expansion in my opinion. Cleric is the worse to play followed by either warrior or mage. Warrior can parse the highest on dummy in both hps and dps but most people don't know how to do it that is why primalist is top ST.

Rogue and Warrior will be the best in the prime servers if the current meta and class balance don't change.

You will notice in this expansion there is many cleric and mage still in the grinding phases because Trion developers make dex items drop so frequently and screwed up Tiers on fragments so its much easier to get best in slot for dex classes.

Rogues in the guild I was in have all become raid loggers and the most active online players is cleric and mage still grinding gear months later because of the terrible drop rate and fragment itemization. Also, the developers brought back domination warfronts which greatly favor stealth rogues and Bladedancer design is stupidly OP for PvP. There is so much benefit from choosing rogue (or primalist in this expansion), it is too good to not play them exclusively or even as a second main. You will notice huge difference. Like being geared almost instantly vs. other classes and excellent early, mid and late game vs. other classes because of better scaling and design.

For instance, you have clerics who heals are slow and rarely register unless they are the only healers in the team. Chloro, tact/bard and other healers can register healing even better than warden which was regarded as one of the most OP healing souls last expansion. Now it sits in bottom when competing.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-13-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Worth adding a disclaimer that Aedynn will always refer to PvP without actually specifying that he's referring to PvP even though the original poster probably asked mostly in reference to PvE, though Aedynn knows this, and still chooses to skew his answers because he's a very salty PvPer (just view his message history). Why he's salty we won't know, because PvP is pretty much deaded, broken and completely laughable in this game and only a handful of people play PvP religiously and yes most of these are Rogues. God knows what makes them persevere in such a hostile broken system, but I guess in their bubble they feel on top of the world when grinding fragments over 2 years, fighting the RNG demons and eventually becoming a beast. It at least kept the PvPer's somewhat away from PvE which is somewhat healthy for the game.

Saying that rogues are one of the best in PvE damage, tanking and healing too, but I obviously I wouldn't phrase it in the same way. All other classes are useful too.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-20-2018 at 02:46 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread