+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to the game, seeking some help!

Soulwalker

Default New to the game, seeking some help!

Hello fellow rifters..

So, i'm new to rift, but not mmos in general.

And the reason why i'm posting this is just so i can get a rundown of the class, now i'm not asking what is the best class as this question has no definite answer.

I'm just curious to what classes/roles are considered meta in the latest patch. I'm mainly focused on PvE (raids and dgs and so on)

So if anyone with experience could help pointing me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I mainly have one of each class in every mmo i pay so im looking for the meta tank, ranged and melee dps and possibly healers.

Any detailed explanation is greatly encouraged. Thanks!

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    Hello fellow rifters..

And the reason why i'm posting this is just so i can get a rundown of the class, now i'm not asking what is the best class as this question has no definite answer.

I'm just curious to what classes/roles are considered meta in the latest patch. I'm mainly focused on PvE (raids and dgs and so on)

So if anyone with experience could help pointing me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I mainly have one of each class in every mmo i pay so im looking for the meta tank, ranged and melee dps and possibly healers.

Primalist is the best ST DPS
    Rogue is good in any role, good ST DPS, and very good cleave.
    Mage is the best support
    All classes have decent healing and tanking specs, but for progressions cleric tanks are the best, as they have battle rez.
    Warriors in a strange place from dps point of view at the moment.

For current top raid if I would have freedom to choose callings:
    2 cleric tanks (one of them will dps/heal on last boss)
    2 prim st dps
    2 rogue cleave dps
    1 mage archon
    1 warrior so plate loot would not be wasted
    2 - any callings dpses/healers depends on boss (better not prims/rogues, as there is enough competition for leather loot already) .

There were a lot of changes in meta during expansion, but because last person who was working on souls in Rift left Trion I would not expect that anything will change for a long time.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    Hello fellow rifters..

Rogue and mage are now the only class worthwhile to play in this expansion in my opinion. They don't need to pay for other souls to do their top dps which is critical for all players to have. If you are into healing you will have to purchase souls for every class to heal effectively but they are well worth it. Cleric can heal but they are not as fun to heal with and its a lot of resource management unlike every other healer. You still need to purchase a soul for it to heal most effectively and they tend to not be competitive with the other healing souls. Mage can AE heal without purchasing soul packs and its a beast. You just can't tank which is not the most common thing anyone wants to do. So without purchasing soul packs mage can so far AE heal, Support/Heal, Support/Dps, DPS and their dps is really good in Elementalist, Pyro and Warlock. Very good fleshed out class. My suggestion is to get FK eventually if you want to Tank Heal, and Arbiter if you want to Tank. Both are very very good and very fun to play.

If you want to play rogue. You get best dps without investment and their tank is strong without needing to purchase soul packs. I do suggest eventually getting Tact so you can synergy with Bard. It is the best support of its type that can both be used as a combination AE and support healer. Physician for ST healing. If you do pick this class you do have the instant queue of dungeons because it can Tank with no purchase of souls necessary.

If you play on prime. You don't have to worry about soul purchases they are all available for in game currency but that requires you to subscribe and it is really a work in progress type of server.

The current best in slot raid consist of mostly rogue, mage and primalist with 1 warrior healer and 1 cleric tank. Everyone else is interchangeable as a dps and does the best in the current end game content. For more data you can look at current BoS clears by searching Prancing Turtle in search engine. Mage have the luxury as an irreplaceable support. That means you will be more seeked after for that position and welcomed to raid if you learn it however it also means people will expect you to have it just in case other mages are not available to raid. They do well as dps and their dps can be played from range with very little problems if any at all.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-15-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Worth adding a disclaimer that Aedynn will always refer to PvP without actually specifying that he's referring to PvP even though the original poster probably asked mostly in reference to PvE, though Aedynn knows this, and still chooses to skew his answers because he's a very salty PvPer (just view his message history). Why he's salty we won't know, because PvP is pretty much deaded, broken and completely laughable in this game and only a handful of people play PvP religiously and yes most of these are Rogues. God knows what makes them persevere in such a hostile broken system, but I guess in their bubble they feel on top of the world when grinding fragments over 2 years, fighting the RNG demons and eventually becoming a beast. It at least kept the PvPer's somewhat away from PvE which is somewhat healthy for the game.

Saying that rogues are one of the best in PvE damage, tanking and healing too, but I obviously I wouldn't phrase it in the same way. All other classes are useful too.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-20-2018 at 02:46 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread