+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar or Arbiter for raiding/dungeons

Shadowlander

Default Justicar or Arbiter for raiding/dungeons

Hello,

Coming back to the game and have narrowed down my class to the these two tanking specs. Arbiter/Justicar. I would like to know which is in a better place right now for tanking endgame raiding? I assume both can run dungeons just fine? Arbiter I like the idea of mage tank and so far with macros it seems super easy but I like the idea of having a battle rez on the cleric.

What do most guilds look for? Would one pair better with a rogue healer then the other? (wife is thinking rogue healing). Any thoughts would be great. Going to get started on one today.

O, What are best Tradeskills for each? Havent played for 3 years.

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Trexon View Post
    Coming back to the game and have narrowed down my class to the these two tanking specs. Arbiter/Justicar. I would like to know which is in a better place right now for tanking endgame raiding? I assume both can run dungeons just fine? Arbiter I like the idea of mage tank and so far with macros it seems super easy but I like the idea of having a battle rez on the cleric.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...right-now.html

What do most guilds look for? Would one pair better with a rogue healer then the other? (wife is thinking rogue healing). Any thoughts would be great. Going to get started on one today.
    Guilds looking for good players able to play all roles, just tank or just healer is not the best raider.
    Rogues and primalists are best callings for raiding atm.

O, What are best Tradeskills for each?
    Professions are not relevant for callings (and almost completely irrelevant) now.
    Last edited by Isp; 01-01-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...right-now.html

Guilds looking for good players able to play all roles, just tank or just healer is not the best raider.
    Rogues and primalists are best callings for raiding atm.

Professions are not relevant for callings (and almost completely irrelevant) now.
    Thank you for the post. Very helpful in helping me make my choice. I am able to play all roles but I am not willing too. While I understand why guilds would love to have someone who switch hits, I personally hate healing and while I am great at DPS, tanking is where I love to play. Been raiding for 20 years now, if you are skilled, dependable to not miss raid times, and contribute to figure out how to progress...guilds will take you in with no issues. I'm not looking for something hardcore anyways atm. Also having a wife who also doesn't miss raids makes the situation much better. People "will" switch roles but "most" people prefer to play a certain spec over another.

Anyhow I think I will stick with mage after reading the post. Will level up to 30-50 just to ensure I like it.

Isp
    Champion

Yes, you are correct - being reasonable and available for raid usually is enough. But during progression you may need to switch role because raid setup is not optimal for your favorite role. I also mainly tanking but had to dps on some bosses when we were lacking dps and could not afford to use the only primalist in raid as tank. Most of the bosses are easy for tank (and often for any other role), but most difficult boss atm require 2 good geared tanks with good coordination between them. But you at least 5 months away from this boss (unless trion will introduce some catch up), so situation may change when you'll be raid ready.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Yes, you are correct - being reasonable and available for raid usually is enough. But during progression you may need to switch role because raid setup is not optimal for your favorite role. I also mainly tanking but had to dps on some bosses when we were lacking dps and could not afford to use the only primalist in raid as tank. Most of the bosses are easy for tank (and often for any other role), but most difficult boss atm require 2 good geared tanks with good coordination between them. But you at least 5 months away from this boss (unless trion will introduce some catch up), so situation may change when you'll be raid ready.
    I fully understand this Makes sense seeing as how OP primalist are at DPS currently. It is a catch 22 because people start to give up and disappear if you don't progress but at the same time throwing more primalist dps at the problem kind takes away from achievement to me. Hardcore raiding going for rankings, gotta do what the game gives ya because the main goal is to be #1. I think I will avoid being a primalist because I am sure I will feel the peer pressure of being asked to switch to an unbalanced role. Looked over raid logs while deciding to play and seeing Primalis 50k_ more then the next class seems to be not working as intended. I am mainly in it at this point to just see the content and raid something that isn't WoW for a change.

+ Reply to Thread