+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Isp
  • 1 Post By TheSpacesBetween
  • 1 Post By Echidna

Thread: Ranged class

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Echidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default Ranged class

    Hi,

    after a very long time I started again to play Rift. I prefer playing range specs, for solo and instances, IA's, etc. (no pvp).
    Can anybody give me a hint, what class (and spec) is good for people like me? Don't need to be a 1- or 2-button-spec.

    My English is bad, but I hope, you can understand me ;).

  2. #2
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    Hi,

    after a very long time I started again to play Rift. I prefer playing range specs, for solo and instances, IA's, etc. (no pvp).
    Can anybody give me a hint, what class (and spec) is good for people like me? Don't need to be a 1- or 2-button-spec.

    My English is bad, but I hope, you can understand me ;).
    Every calling have ranged spec - so it is a matter of personal preference. If you are aiming to end game raiding choose rogue or primalist (if nothing will change until you will be raid ready). If you are not a raider, than any calling is good.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Just as a quick overview, here are the options:

    Warrior: Reaver (AoE/DoT based), Tempest (SL soul pack decent amount of bust damage with both AoE and single target)

    Rogue: Saboteur (Burst AoE damage), Marksman (Decent single target damage), Ranger (lower on the damage totem pole, but has ranged and melee dps as well as tank pets), Bard (support, mainly single target), Tactician (SL soul pack, support, mainly AoE)

    Mage: Pyromancer (proc-based single target), Warlock (DoT single target), Stormcaller (AoE), Elementalist (Mostly single target pet class with ranged/melee dps, tank, and cc pets), Necromancer (DoT/Single target pet class with ranged/melee dps and tanks pets), Archon (support), Chloromancer (deal to heal healer, raid healer), Mystic Archer (bought soul, line-based single target and AoE dps requiring line of sight targeting)

    Cleric: Inquisitor (Single target dps), Cabalist (Burst AoE DPS), Defiler (SL soul pack, DoT single target DPS), Runeshaper (Can't remember the name of that soul pack but... single target proc-based DPS), Oracle (Dream soul pack, Support, single target)

    Primalist (purchased calling): Volcanist (Single target dps), Typhoon (AoE DPS), Maelstrom (Dream soul pack, Single target DPS), Mystic (Same pack as Runeshaper, Support, single target)

    Think I got everything... I know they aren't all strictly dps but they all are things you're still going to be attacking with (as opposed to straight healers n such). Some are better dps than others, but I'm not really a raider, so I'm not up on the hierarchy. Keep in mind you can also play around with hybriding between souls. You get 76 points in total, 61 in one soul gets you everything with 15 leftover. And if you want to play with a calculator, Magelo has a decent one.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker Echidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17

    Thumbs up

    Thanks a lot for your answers .
    In the last time I tested some classes ans specs. My "old" rogue is still - or again - my main char, and I started a cleric, just for fun and farming.

    It's great, that now all chars can do everything and every role - but it makes it more difficult, to decide what class to play .

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    Thanks a lot for your answers .
    In the last time I tested some classes ans specs. My "old" rogue is still - or again - my main char, and I started a cleric, just for fun and farming.

    It's great, that now all chars can do everything and every role - but it makes it more difficult, to decide what class to play .
    Pick a class with natural 1 sec GCD not mage,warrior or cleric who have to have it built into the class. That is reason why many of the souls from those classes are obsolete or handicap. Rogue and Primalist are the best choices. Cleric is the worse choice in this expansion. Warrior is in a good spot but only because of a broken hybrid so not as good as Rogue or Primalist. If you don't want to play any of those warrior is still better than cleric and mage.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-12-2018 at 02:12 AM.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Pick a class with natural 1 sec GCD not mage,warrior or cleric who have to have it built into the class. That is reason why many of the souls from those classes are obsolete or handicap. Rogue and Primalist are the best choices. Cleric is the worse choice in this expansion. Warrior is in a good spot but only because of a broken hybrid so not as good as Rogue or Primalist. If you don't want to play any of those warrior is still better than cleric and mage.
    warrior is not better than Cleric or Mage,,,,,warriors are behind in dps by a fair bit, so they are only used to either heal or tank for the most part. once tempest burst is over they cant really sustain the dps. so if you want steady ranged dps anything but a warrior will work

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    warrior is not better than Cleric or Mage,,,,,warriors are behind in dps by a fair bit, so they are only used to either heal or tank for the most part. once tempest burst is over they cant really sustain the dps. so if you want steady ranged dps anything but a warrior will work
    Warrior is ahead of both cleric and mage up until the final tier weapon in range dps. So no Warrior is far better and in LFR-T1.5 Warrior can still top damage in many boss fights because of how fast things die and barely any problem with target switching even with tempest. Their Hybrid can do 1.5+ million dps and 70K+ healing with two buttons. There is also warlord version of the spec. They are not rogue or primalist but they are definitely better than the mystic classes with their bandaid eternals. Rogue and primalist are better by a mile but warrior is still dead center better than the other classes.

    You can tell what is broken when you PvP. Like how they have it now with cleric in PvP without a bandaid eternal is about 50-100%+ deficit verses rogues, primalist and warriors. Mage is not as bad but it is still around 20%-50%. More if you count top dps of the best players. This is why starting a cleric or mage is a bad idea. When they rely on a fix that takes 16 IROTPs to get.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-12-2018 at 01:41 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    warrior is not better than Cleric or Mage,,,,,
    Warrior can top DPS and HPS all in one spec if you know how to use them.(Yes even beat primalist and druid.) And when I mean top healing.. I mean best healer in game. Rogue have the best range dps because of cleave either in NB or MM in current raid content.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-13-2018 at 05:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts