+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Mage since Vanilla Rift

Soulwalker

Default Returning Mage since Vanilla Rift

Hello All and fellow mages,
    Just returning back to RIFT from WoW. It's been several years since I played RIFT. All the way back since Infernal Dawn launched lol. I have a lot to catch up to. So far, so good. Been leveling up super fast.

I wanted to ask about the state of the mage and how good is it end game. I remember Pyro/Warlock/ele or arch being the best for raiding. With upkeeping the charge for defile and managing all of the Dot's, with some fire spells here and there. Not gonna lie, that **** was hard to grasp at first, but became much easier to play with practice. In healer terms, Chloromancer, was a really good healer with high-end gear if not OP lol (bear in mind this was ID gear back then). Specially in PvP which I loved. Idk, how much has changed since then and would like to ask, if Chloro was still a good healer in raiding and PVP. For dps spec I guess pyro or lock still up there or have they been gutted?

Plane Touched

Currently top dps specs are warlock, pyro or pyro ele. Warlock is top if it's bug was fixed which reduces its damage output by almost 20%. Otherwise its a toss up from 61 pyro and 58 ele/16pyro/2lock. Chloro is a really strong aoe healer. Current content requires mitigation so chloro isn't used for tank healing. Also, 61 chon with 14 points into chloro is strong enough to make it an aoe healer, so full chloro is not really used in raids often because it doesn't provide any shielding like warriors can.

PvP is not doing well at all atm as in it got a recent I think 40+% damage and healing nerf which hurt PvP a lot.

Id recommend just playing the game, leveling and enjoying it. I don't recommend spending any money on this game in its current state, it's not worth it.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Soulwalker

Thanks for the info! Looks like pyro always stayed up there. I enjoyed storm caller clearing trash back in HK and ID. It did crazy burst AoE in the past giving the warrior's corn beef (cornered beast) a run for its money lmao. Guessing it is a no go now a days?
    Also, I'm using a mix of Lock and Chloro to level. So far nothing seems to make a dent on my hp which is good lol.
    But I will guess I have to go 61 Pyro for a shot. Hope it is not as crazy as the Pyro/Lock spec back in vanilla.

Plane Touched

Yea stormcaller is pretty much dead, same with necro and dom. Na its not like that stupid pyro/lock rotation lol. Pyro atm is more or less 2 main macros and 2-3 other buffs you have to manage which aren't hard. Warlock/chloro is a good choice to level. If you're cool with putting money into this game which I don't recommend in its current state. Get Harbringer. It's a really good melee mage soul for open world stuff like leveling, but it'll taper off towards end game because it doesn't interact much with the best weapon in the game.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

+ Reply to Thread