+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skills with cool visual effects?

Soulwalker

Cool Skills with cool visual effects?

Hey Rifties,

Just returning to the game after a break of many years. I'm not a PvP player, in fact play pretty casually and am not very competitive. So I like eye-candy, and one thing I love in MMOs is skills that just look cool. So what are your nominations for the most impressive looking skills in the game? :-)

In the old days, I used to love my Stormcaller, because the skills just looked awesome. Even the basic Thunderbolt (with that up/down thing) was incredible, and the lightning storms and ice storms were amazing. Unfortunately looks like those skills just don't really exist any more, at least not at low levels.....so looking for alternatives!

Thanks!

Rift Master

Haven't played it recently but archon used to have a lot of eye candy as well. Other callings really seem lacking in that regard when compared to mages.

Quote Originally Posted by bri bates View Post
    Haven't played it recently but archon used to have a lot of eye candy as well. Other callings really seem lacking in that regard when compared to mages.
    You forget clerics and their beautiful pets and awesome glowing eyes
    Playing a mage, I find RIFT spells are not very impressive. You get some big effects like firestorm AOE, but clerics get them too. I like the Elementalist hand effect. Most spells are without any visual effect, or some ball of fire.
    In necromancer you have the transformation skill. In cleric defiler some things too, it you like creepy effects.
    If I have to name the most impressive looking skill in the game, I think cleric's eyes win. And it is permanent

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Excalabrys

Stormcaller spells STILL exist. And they are my favorites!!! Way back when I leveled two different mages to 50 with nothing but stormcaller! However, the soul is just nowhere near as useful as it used to be, especially compared to many others.

If you like the storm effects, the warrior Tempest calling and the primalist Maelstorm calling all have cool stormy things, I believe.

Good luck finding some good fun things to watch. RIFT is beautiful!

+ Reply to Thread