+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Sab a good Main Soul?

Rift Disciple

Default Is Sab a good Main Soul?

I was working on a Bard and thought that Sab would be a good side soul because it can increase Dex.

I was thinking of creating a second build and was thinking of using a 61 Sab build. Is this a good idea? I tried googling but all that I could find were posts that were a year old or older.

Sab is an aoe soul, a weak one at that, considering rifts current meta of little to no trash in raids I don't see a reason for Sab to be used, even for solo its relatively weak and there are much better options to use
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DrGantz View Post
    I was working on a Bard and thought that Sab would be a good side soul because it can increase Dex.

I was thinking of creating a second build and was thinking of using a 61 Sab build. Is this a good idea? I tried googling but all that I could find were posts that were a year old or older.
    Sab is a very weak aoe soul its not on par with other classes.

Most of the time full sab gets beaten in straight up aoe by harbinger or shaman and those aren't even real aoe souls, because there's rarely consistent 8+ target to cleave and even if there were (like in some Raid Rifts) the trash don't live long enough (30+ seconds) for 61 sab to really do much.

Rift Disciple

Thank you for your replies.
    I will just use Sab as a side soul for my bard, since it gives Dex bonuses.

Default NotEntirelyDead

There are still a few uses to a pure sab or Tact-sab builds:
    - Destroying multiple invasions in PtW for your gear upgrades.
    - Planar Instant Adventures (closing rifts, good groups with tank)
    - Nightmare Rifts (again, only if you have a good tank that can stack mobs),
    - Xarth Mire Cracking Skull Event - there are few stages that you can "shine" in due to the persistent mob swarming on your raid/group.

Cons:
    - these are currently the only occasions you can contribute as saboteur.
    - Sticky bombs are clunky mechanic, some burst specs that cleave will possibly destroy your targets before you can detonate properly.
    [believe "things" can still be saved with the power of communication and common sense]

Rift Disciple

Default 44 sab / 9 nb / 23 bd

is the best aoe dps spec among every class atm if just trashes live enough long
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread