+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Endgame Healer?

Rift Disciple

Default Best Endgame Healer?

I'm not sure which kind of adventures are most common at endgame.
    I have a Chloro which I'm told is good for raid healing. I have an FK which I'm told is good for tank healing.
    I recently made a Warden. Someone said that Warden isn't good for dungeons. Right now, it is low level and is good. I don't know if it will be useful later or not.

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DrGantz View Post
    I have a Chloro which I'm told is good for raid healing. I have an FK which I'm told is good for tank healing.
    I recently made a Warden. Someone said that Warden isn't good for dungeons. Right now, it is low level and is good. I don't know if it will be useful later or not.
    This change all the time. Best healer today could be worst healer tomorrow. Be flexible in your roles.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Chloro will let you do tank healing or aoe healing with a flip of a switch.

Warden is strong burst AoE healing.

Liberator is strong steady aoe healing + mitigation.

lul rogues.

Farseer is op cuz #tuning #balance.

Chloro is best cuz I'm biased.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Warden when played correctly is possibly the strongest healer. There are a few downsides to it but if you know the fights you can push warden towards it's full potential (it has alot of pre-emptive healing and management).

The problem is there are only a handful of people who can actually play warden anywhere near it's full potential so it gets a bad rap most the time because it's easy to fail miserably at playing warden.

Low floors and High Ceilings.

Default Variety of healers

There are many possible endgame competitive healing builds out there, considering there's only two perspectives that help with raiding. All generic healers can "heal", but in some fights when non-tanks could get one shot by spike damages, that is when you should consider playing shield-healers that does sustained APS like Phystact (Rogue) or Liberator (Warrior). Shielding really is a very crucial factor for succeeding in PvE healing. If shielding isn't a problem for that particular encounter, think about some builds (callings) that can help improving your raid DPS, Rogue's Bardphys or Tactbard (depending if tank heals or raid heals is needed for that fight) will be the typical "Type B support" that provides mitigation and offensive stats that benefits DPSers/Tank. Chloromancer is able to provide "Living Energy" aura.

Primalist's Farseer is also extremely overpowered at the moment, it is capable of solohealing all current content, even with fights that require two healers from non-premium callings. Bringing one less healer on fights that typically require two healers is also a DPS gain for the raid.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 08-04-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Shadowlander

The 4.2 fix to the mage's Eternal Weapon proc has allowed all ticks of LGV to be boosted by it's buff, even the ones that come from DoT's (which I imagine isn't intended given the description). Pushing its healing potential to ridiculously high levels. So as it stands chloro outheals everyone significantly.

A great Warden can come close though (although only because healing flood at 3-4 stacks through monsoon amplifies healing done in a very strange way).
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

I hope when you say "you have a chloro and you have a FK" you don't mean you made a character for each.

You have a mage and you have a cleric who can run all specs. You change specs depending what the fight needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    A great Warden can come close though (although only because healing flood at 3-4 stacks through monsoon amplifies healing done in a very strange way).
    The highest i've seen a chloro at is ~~2mil hps/ohps (egg first stage) because of multi-target.
    Yet i've still not seen a chloro solo heal through Iron Legion 2nd stage (could just be my rng with people though).

And while playing warden I can easily sustain >1.5mil hps/ohps on every encounter (w/o using divine favor or highest hps spec)

And solo healing iron legion 2nd stage is laughable for a warden who know's what they are doing, i've been doing it on my alt since he had 2 piece and expert gear.

Chloro's with multi-target can get really high on hps/ohps given circumstances but a warden can do it in all circumstances.

EDIT: and hps/ohps isn't the full story, when it comes to healing well placed heals trump overall output. Which is one of wardens strongest points, it is very versatile about when/how heals are triggered and is the best at on demand.
    Last edited by Zehne; 08-04-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Rift Disciple

Thank you everyone for your responses.
    I've always found Chloro to be the most fun, but it doesn't have much shielding.
    I've never played a Primalist before. Maybe I should try it.
    Some people appear to say that a Warden is one of the best if played and geared well. Otherwise, it can be one of the worst.

Some people appear to say that a Warden is one of the best if played and geared well. Otherwise, it can be one of the worst.
    ^Yeah, pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    The highest i've seen a chloro at is ~~2mil hps/ohps (egg first stage) because of multi-target.
    Yet i've still not seen a chloro solo heal through Iron Legion 2nd stage (could just be my rng with people though).

And while playing warden I can easily sustain >1.5mil hps/ohps on every encounter (w/o using divine favor or highest hps spec)

And solo healing iron legion 2nd stage is laughable for a warden who know's what they are doing, i've been doing it on my alt since he had 2 piece and expert gear.

Chloro's with multi-target can get really high on hps/ohps given circumstances but a warden can do it in all circumstances.

EDIT: and hps/ohps isn't the full story, when it comes to healing well placed heals trump overall output. Which is one of wardens strongest points, it is very versatile about when/how heals are triggered and is the best at on demand.
    Fine, I'll re install and heal a drr so u can see it done :-)
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Fine, I'll re install and heal a drr so u can see it done :-)
    The point isn't chloro's can't, it's more of:
    • 4 healers in raid, we wipe from lack of heals on Iron legion 2nd stage
      • Healers claim it can't be healed through
        • Yet my barely 70 alt can solo heal it
    Or in the words of the great, bring the player not the class. And yet if you want to see 'the best' certainly some specs have an advantage.
    Last edited by Zehne; 08-04-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    The point isn't chloro's can't, it's more of:
    [LIST][*]4 healers in raid, we wipe from lack of heals on Iron legion 2nd stage[LIST][*]Healers claim it can't be healed through
    • Yet my barely 70 alt can solo heal it

Or in the words of the great, bring the player not the class. And yet if you want to see 'the best' certainly some specs have an advantage.
    I'm guessing that your toon is a Chloro and there was one or more Chloros in that group of four healers.

I'm guessing that your toon is a Chloro and there was one or more Chloros in that group of four healers.
    Warden, and yes there were almost all the flavors of the rainbow 'healing'

Rift Master

Seeing the numbers here, and some inside the game, kinda makes me wonder what happned with warrior heal output. Yes I know we probably have the most mitigation out of healers (and shielding perhaps?) but hps/ohps seems way behind. Even though most of hps througoutput in these examples turn out beeing ohps i recon, but still .

Or could be I'm just not that great a healer

And oh, what the hell happened with the long promissed heal/tank ballancing .
    Last edited by Jotunn; 08-05-2017 at 12:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast