+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: DPS

Rift Disciple

Default DPS

4.2 has rolled around and rogues/war/primalist still do double the dps of mages . . .

Okay.......................

Let's just break it down like this: 95% of all the mage souls are ranged, with 30 or 35m max.

Harb is still either top dps spec or one of the top and does like 1.1m.

Rogue and Primalist are both pure melee doing 1.5m dps, with range primalist probably does 1 mil and rogues roughly 900k-1.1m

My point?

Warlock and Pyromancer (not 100% with pyro yet) are parsing about 1mil at (remember) 30m range at least.

So basically the mages who want to do competitive dps with rogues or primalists basically have better chance cuz of the upper hand with being safer at range.

And those who do +1.3m are freaken people with already BiS frags, gear, consums etc etc, majority of us still havent even broken thru +1m dps.

You already have super good specs that parses like gods at range ( not to mention warlocks cleave), you just have bad gear.

That's basically saying tempest for warriors should be having competitive dps with the utilities and range it has, we all know what we complained about.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kurushii View Post
    4.2 has rolled around and rogues/war/primalist still do double the dps of mages . . .
    no they don't.

Rift Disciple

Harb isnt ranged and doesnt pull 1m unless you have that "godly gear" you were talking about while rogues/prim pull 1.5 easy. You can pull 1.5m from ranged easily as a rogue. Not too sure about prim. I havent ever seen a warlock or pyro pull 1m most are still pulling like 700-800 with BIS gear

Plane Walker

Mages with BiS gear do over 1m dps but in discord chat it was confirmed that there are scaling issues with SP vs. AP/WD.

"Hello i'm bad i can't play my class. Can you buff it so I get competitive against other classes please ?"

Don't believe rogue or prima all have godly DPS. Mostly prima players are more experienced ones so they will usually play better than other classes (usually). And there are so many rogues that obviously you will see some of the being BIS everywhere more often than seeing a mage BIS.
    My point is, at same skill / gear level there is a maximum of 10% DPS difference. Which is still a bit much i can agree to that.
    Last edited by Kreezhem; 07-24-2017 at 07:01 AM.

Harb isnt ranged and doesnt pull 1m unless you have that "godly gear" you were talking about while rogues/prim pull 1.5 easy. You can pull 1.5m from ranged easily as a rogue. Not too sure about prim. I havent ever seen a warlock or pyro pull 1m most are still pulling like 700-800 with BIS gear
    alright another breakdown.

rogue/prim doing 1.5m dps ''easy'' as you put it also comes if you have that godly gear.

With recent buffs to mages pyromancer/warlock, the mages i know of with the decent gear from irotp are pulling that 1m dps.

and that one rogue (just one confirmed so far, no name dropping) who did 1.5m dps 30m away was using an NB variant and he is UBERLY super geared, BiS in litterally everything. one problem with that spec is its super super RNG based, you need to have extremly high physcrit to do that kind of dps,otherwise you would just plummet down hard.

so yes, before 4.2 hit rogues could only do max 1.3m dps (with no RNG based OP spec like that one 1.5m guy did)

Keep also in mind that certain souls that pulls more or less dps are also included with useful utlities like stuns, charges, range enhancer (referring to para/harb etc) and such that the rest don't have. Atm Harb is the most perfect soul which not only does super high dps if well geared, but has arguably everything you want, a stun, snare, charge, 10-20 secs stealth with 100% increased crit chance for the next 3 abilities etc, abilities that increases dodge chance etc.

Rift Disciple

Its more that there is closer to a 30% gap than 10% in dps between raid geared prim/rogue/war and mages. 1.5 mil vs 1 mil is pretty significant, like 50% more? And the new support spec for primalist is making archon worthless becuase it does 600k dps vs the 300k that archon pulls . .

And as far as top dps goes I've seen a primalist pull close to 2m in the new TD single target (full BIS of course).
    Last edited by Kurushii; 07-26-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Its more that there is closer to a 30% gap than 10% in dps between raid geared prim/rogue/war and mages. 1.5 mil vs 1 mil is pretty significant, like 50% more? And the new support spec for primalist is making archon worthless becuase it does 600k dps vs the 300k that archon pulls . .

And as far as top dps goes I've seen a primalist pull close to 2m in the new TD single target (full BIS of course).
    Still disagree with this. Mage is in our top 4 dps, all at or over 1 mil. None of us have BiS everything but we have good gearz. These 1.5 mil statements are ridiculous, its never single target damage. Holding sustained 1.5mil dps in any class would require literal best in slot gear which includes 5/5 frags and good secondary rolls on those frags. Even then this is in a raid with raid enhancements and buffs. Other classes perform differently with different buffs. Why do we compare this? This isn't a comparison of an actual st dps versus another, this is overall dps comparisons including raid, party and world damage that everyone just throws around.

So the example above is a prima doing 2mil on one fight one time. Some of these replies make it seem like this prima then goes out and pulls 2mil on a rare while they are soloing.

There is a rogue spec that can pull 1.5 mil in good gear. It has virtually no movement and is not applicable to half of the raid fights. Its also burst damage which holds a little over 1mil for any fight lasting longer than 3 mins. Now I have seen pyros burst that hard and harder with mystic support, mystic support helps a rogue but not as much as channeled dpsers. So a lot of the comparisons are circumstantial.
    Last edited by Poshy; 07-26-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Plane Walker

At the moment, an equally equipped primalist (vulcanist with pre-build stacks) do 300-500 k more singel target DPS than my mage.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    At the moment, an equally equipped primalist (vulcanist with pre-build stacks) do 300-500 k more singel target DPS than all other classes.
    Here fixed it for you.

P.S
    Don't compare yourself to the broken specs.
    Rogue was 200k ahead of the rest before 4.2 but now Primalist is in completely different tier over half a million single target dps ahead in some cases.

So dont take the meter too seriously right now.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-27-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Telaran

Well, at the moment primalist/roques are 15/20% ahead of mages/clerics and around 30/40% ahead of warriors.

On the other side it was never less important to be the 'top' dog then now. Our maingroupe and second groupe both cleared TD normal with 2 or 3 warriors as dds (700K) and only 1 roque (1100k) and 1 primalist (1200k) as dd.

Roques are able to get 1500k dps but this are cleave fights where they can cleave adds. Single mob dps is not over 1200 as far i saw.

Arbosch Bloodforge

Plane Walker

So what is the current 4.2 singel target DPS ranking? From my own experience (only 2 raids since 4.2) I would say Primalist > Rogue > Warrior > Mage. Clerics I can not classify, too little data so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    So what is the current 4.2 singel target DPS ranking, from my own experience (only 2 raids since 4.2) I would say Primalist > Rogue > Warrior > Mage. Clerics I can not classify, too little data so far.
    I would say basicly the same . Primalist > Rogue > Warrior/Cleric > Mage. Thats what i observed.
    <Transcendent>
    HK 11/11 IGP-HM 4/4
    Ironnn - Warrior

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Irondwarf View Post
    I would say basicly the same . Primalist > Rogue > Warrior/Cleric > Mage. Thats what i observed.
    Playing around with my Primalist it does seem something like that yeah. The only note I would add is unless a warrior can play overlord he'll be lower, maybe similar to mage perhaps. And Mystic support might shake things up a little bit at the bottom too, compared to Archon (not even gonna mention BM).
    Last edited by Jotunn; 07-27-2017 at 05:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast