+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: DPS

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Angormage View Post
    how can it be, that half of <khalim´na> was banned because of what they did on Drekanoth of Fate and that these 10 Primalist get no Punishment? Just something to think about ;)
    Why would they get banned?
    They are playing their class as designed and balanced by our class DEV.

Quote Originally Posted by Angormage View Post
    how can it be, that half of <khalim´na> was banned because of what they did on Drekanoth of Fate and that these 10 Primalist get no Punishment? Just something to think about ;)
    Hiding behind a wall avoiding all mechanics while your pet kills the boss is slightly different than stacking an overpowered build to breeze through previous tier content.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Hiding behind a wall avoiding all mechanics while your pet kills the boss is slightly different than stacking an overpowered build to breeze through previous tier content.
    DPS-daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.gif

Nippy
    Kind
    Langur

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    For those who still trying bs...

This is what happens when you stack 10 primalist.
    You cannot do this with 10 rogues btw, not even close.

Beligosh LFR TD from 100% to 0% in 11 seconds.
    Attachment 31809
    Who ever thought this idea up - Munch or Muscle or whoever - really didnt think this through. It was a decidedly stupid move - what did you guys think would happen?

The real reason its possible to do short fights like the one listed is because of frontloaded dmg from vulcanist - it should in no way be any indication of the actual dps potential of the class.

But thanks to this again less than cerebral move, now our rather excitable friends like Fatestaynight and Stihl (ironically, who I remember was defending rogue dps on short parses as burst) now are using this as a poster for proclaiming Primalists being OP.

I guess we could pull out parses for any 5-10sec fights - maybe some trash and get high dps reading for any class - it really doesn't have any validity or relevance.

But unfortunately the optics are strong with this one, a pic of a leader board to boot. It'll be easy to influence the less knowledgeable that stuff like this matters (you'll see examples in this thread already).

Too bad you guys earned it, well Munch - man you gotta learn to temper your excitement a little sometimes.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Beligosh LFR TD from 100% to 0% in 11 seconds.
    Parser:

http://forums.riftgame.com/attachmen...t dps-link.jpg

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Crewcut View Post
    Who ever thought this idea up - Munch or Muscle or whoever - really didnt think this through. It was a decidedly stupid move - what did you guys think would happen?

The real reason its possible to do short fights like the one listed is because of frontloaded dmg from vulcanist - it should in no way be any indication of the actual dps potential of the class.

But thanks to this again less than cerebral move, now our rather excitable friends like Fatestaynight and Stihl (ironically, who I remember was defending rogue dps on short parses as burst) now are using this as a poster for proclaiming Primalists being OP.

I guess we could pull out parses for any 5-10sec fights - maybe some trash and get high dps reading for any class - it really doesn't have any validity or relevance.

But unfortunately the optics are strong with this one, a pic of a leader board to boot. It'll be easy to influence the less knowledgeable that stuff like this matters (you'll see examples in this thread already).

Too bad you guys earned it, well Munch - man you gotta learn to temper your excitement a little sometimes.
    You know what's ironic?

if you dont think Vulcanist could also out sustain higher dps then all other classes, by a great margin (on top of out bursting others by ~400%), then you really shouldn't be talking about class balance in the first place.

Either way I think it's hilariously AF that Vulcanist [Quality of Life] change which rendered the two new dps souls completely pointless to play day 1 other than used as the subsouls by full Vulcanist.

Also I am pretty sure since the close beta of Rift there hasn't been a raid instance boss that died in 11 seconds to players 2 levels below. Which is quite an accomplishment really.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-29-2017 at 04:24 AM.

Rift Disciple

Hopefully the devs fix mages so that we have a couple competitive specs

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...yet-again.html

Cant believe that poshy is still trying to pretend that its a 100k dps difference all over the mage forums. He doesn't even play a mage . . .
    Last edited by Kurushii; 07-29-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurushii View Post
    Hopefully the devs fix mages so that we have a couple competitive specs

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...yet-again.html

Cant believe that poshy is still trying to pretend that its a 100k dps difference all over the mage forums. He doesn't even play a mage . . .
    I have a level 70 mage, I still dont think the gap is as much as represented. Mages arent top dps but they arent at 700k with good gear either.
    Last edited by Poshy; 07-29-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I have a level 70 mage, I still dont think the gap is as much as represented. Mages arent top dps but they arent at 700k with good gear either.
    Ofc not buddy hehe, its just that mages are at max 1.1m dps with their super uber gear while rogues and primalists are.............. *coughs sorts paper*
    When you find out Nixia has a new forum status..........

Rift Disciple

Poshy . . . its well over 30% difference in damage . . . in SUSTAINED fights with equal gear. Its like you haven't ever grouped with a primalist. You make obnoxious willfully oblivious posts to try to keep rogues overpowered all over the forums. Rogues can sustain 1.5m, mages at best 1.1. thats a HUGE margin, and were not even talking primalists here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurushii View Post
    Poshy . . . its well over 30% difference in damage . . . in SUSTAINED fights with equal gear. Its like you haven't ever grouped with a primalist. You make obnoxious willfully oblivious posts to try to keep rogues overpowered all over the forums. Rogues can sustain 1.5m, mages at best 1.1. thats a HUGE margin, and were not even talking primalists here.

its also worth pointing out that even tho rogue can pull high numbers, thats only at melee range, at a range with at least 20m our ranged dps is basically competitive with the rest, so if you would be nerfing the spec, sure melee dps would be tuned down, but i think that would leave us at worst ranged dps?
    When you find out Nixia has a new forum status..........

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    its also worth pointing out that even tho rogue can pull high numbers, thats only at melee range, at a range with at least 20m our ranged dps is basically competitive with the rest, so if you would be nerfing the spec, sure melee dps would be tuned down, but i think that would leave us at worst ranged dps?
    If MM was competitive in line as other classes ranged spec like vulcanist and inquisitor...

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    So what is the current 4.2 singel target DPS ranking? From my own experience (only 2 raids since 4.2) I would say Primalist > Rogue > Warrior > Mage. Clerics I can not classify, too little data so far.
    I find it hilarious that not only aren't Clerics in the list... they aren't even mentioned in this conversation.
    Let me help you out with Cleric DPS, and where it falls in the list above.

Primalist > Rogue > Warrior > Mage > Primalist [with monkey pressing random keys] > Cleric

How broken does a class have to be before it isn't even MENTIONED in a DPS discussion?
    #BalanceClerics
    Last edited by Kaelani; 07-31-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    I find it hilarious that not only aren't Clerics in the list... they aren't even mentioned in this conversation.
    Let me help you out with Cleric DPS, and where it falls in the list above.

Primalist > Rogue > Warrior > Mage > Primalist [with monkey pressing random keys] > Cleric

How broken does a class have to be before it isn't even MENTIONED in a DPS discussion?
    #BalanceClerics
    I could not classify clerics at the time, because the only cleric in the two raids, was the tank. But it is interesting to see that mages, warriors and clerics all claim the last place for themselves. Maybe the balance is not so bad ;)
    Last edited by Bamul; 07-31-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Rift Disciple

This happens every time a class goes though lots of changes. Some things are massively out of whack and over the next couple of months will be brought in line with other classes. Calm down.

Full disclosure...I play cleric and warrior. I hate you all and your EZ god mode dps.

PS actually loving the Fervent Strike change. TY Devs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3