+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pro or against resetting masteries when reseting soul

Soulwalker

Question Pro or against resetting masteries when reseting soul

I really like to play around with specs and make all kinds of combinations but it bugs me very much that the masteries are resetting whenever i reset my soul points. I dont get whats the point since you can change the masteries whenever you want to. Now before resetting i always have to remember what was the combination or if i dont i have to read the skills again. What do you guys think about it?

Vote here

Quote Originally Posted by Orsla View Post
    I really like to play around with specs and make all kinds of combinations but it bugs me very much that the masteries are resetting whenever i reset my soul points. I dont get whats the point since you can change the masteries whenever you want to. Now before resetting i always have to remember what was the combination or if i dont i have to read the skills again. What do you guys think about it?

Vote here
    Because when you reset souls you have 0 spent and to spend masteries you have to have points spent?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTomGuy View Post
    Because when you reset souls you have 0 spent and to spend masteries you have to have points spent?
    Is the OP talking about Masteries or Legendaries? Masteries you do not need points spent, but Legendaries you do need points spent.

If we are talking about Masteries, no, I don't think it is a big deal. It's 5 clicks and 10s of extra time.

If we are talking about Legendaries, then no, it can't happen because you don't have access to any of the talents at 0pts.

Based on the context though, when saying you can change them whenever, I'm assuming the OP meant Masteries like they said.

Also, your poll isn't really useable since it doesn't identity unique votes. I can sit there and cast 1000 votes for Pro. There's no way to get any meaningful data out of it.
    Last edited by Artewig; 06-10-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    R.I.P.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Is the OP talking about Masteries or Legendaries? Masteries you do not need points spent, but Legendaries you do need points spent.

If we are talking about Masteries, no, I don't think it is a big deal. It's 5 clicks and 10s of extra time.

If we are talking about Legendaries, then no, it can't happen because you don't have access to any of the talents at 0pts.

Based on the context though, when saying you can change them whenever, I'm assuming the OP meant Masteries like they said.

Also, your poll isn't really useable since it doesn't identity unique votes. I can sit there and cast 1000 votes for Pro. There's no way to get any meaningful data out of it.
    I am speaking about masteries not legendaries. And about the pole thats what google suggested first and it was easy to use . I play with several classes and with each class i switch and respec a lot of specs and i dont always remember which was the combination that i previously had and i really think it would be nice if masteries dont reset.
    Last edited by Orsla; 06-10-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orsla View Post
    I am speaking about masteries not legendaries. And about the pole thats what google suggested first and it was easy to use . I play with several classes and with each class i switch and respec a lot of specs and i dont always remember which was the combination that i previously had and i really think it would be nice if masteries dont reset.
    That's how you learn the abilities. Read the tooltips and determine which would best support the build you have created. When you respec your builds, you have to determine where to put your points based on the build you are trying to create. Masteries and Legendaries are no different.

If you have no interest in improving, then simply take a screenshot of your soul tree before you reset and take the 10s to make those 5 clicks.
    R.I.P.

Soulwalker

As i said i play with several classes and i change the masteries quite rare or not at all so it would be much easier. Also i think that it will be quite easy to implement (comment out some code) to make this feature :P

Plane Walker

i like the way it's set up as of 4.2. for the masteries.

but it would be nice to sort of include legendary choices in the action bar settings > clear abilities for unlearned soul (whatever its called lol).

so if it's not check marked and i reset my soul: masteries remain where they are, legendaries remain where they are. unless of course i do actually change out the soul for something else. in some cases..... someone will screw up one point.... but forget to write down what they had and lose the stuff they had . do i make sense? LOL

Soulwalker

Thank you for listening!

Rift Master

Clear them as most vary wildly in value depending on which souls you are using and/or how many points you put in them...

+ Reply to Thread