Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Archaoss
  • 1 Post By DrGantz
  • 1 Post By Archaoss
  • 1 Post By Archaoss

Thread: Requirement of ST Healing in RIFT

Default Requirement of ST Healing in RIFT

Hi,

I suppose this is more of a question for the developers, and not even sure this will get a reply but i thought I'd give it a go.

Before i start i think the AOE healers are in an ok place, some have been nerfed more than others but it is at least workable.

The ST healing on the other hand is still mostly not required and when it is the souls dedicated to that purpose aren't always worth taking, when there is a slight need its preferred to have a class that can switch between both.

It used to be in raids that without a dedicated tank healer you certainly wouldn't make it but, although made more challenging, you can do this totally without or take a chloro.

I was wondering if there is anything on the horizon to look at the damage outputs / tank damage and tune it so ST healing has a place where they might be 100% required again.

Thanks in advance,

Arch.
    Last edited by Archaoss; 05-25-2017 at 04:52 AM.
    “[User:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”

Rift Disciple

I wonder myself if ST healers are needed.
    When I heal in a dungeon, it seems that my healing is all almost all about topping them off and not about saving the party. Once in a rare while I prevent someone from dying.
    Part of the reason could be that I usually put a shield type spell on the tank.
    I've heard people say that in endgame raids healers are needed either for tank healing or aoe raid healing.

I've heard people say that in endgame raids healers are needed either for tank healing or aoe raid healing.

Not even that, in TD (LFR) and iROTP you can simply take one raid healer and potentially a hybrid to counter mechanics, neither of which have a tank healing soul in them necessarily.

I mean normal mode TD could change that but then again why only at the very top end?
    They should be required far more than this.

It used to be that tank healers could justify themselves in low st damage fights by doing a certain amount of raid healing/shielding, some of these fights you could do it solo when you were good enough. However, since the divine favour changes and several shield nerfs (just cleric in this example) this falls too short... not that all the changes were bad, but combined with everything else they do seem a little forgotten about since.

Did iROTP last night and there were no st healers to be seen!

I mean i would love to see them keep aoe healing as is and tune the single target damage output of bosses to a point where it makes sense again, however some souls might need a slight buff to compensate their current sad state of affairs.

Cross fingers anyway, and hopeful thinking, although no one from Trion has replied yet.

Arch.
    Last edited by Archaoss; 06-08-2017 at 04:46 AM.

Ascendant

Tons of ST healers to be seen in the Warfronts.

I know quite little about PvE healing, but I find it interesting that that raid meta went from Dependency on Purifiers (too much damage on tanks for non-pure's to manage) to the obsolescence of ST-healers (not enough damage on tanks).

Is it so difficult to find an acceptable middle ground?

How could damage be increased in such a way as to make ST healers relevant but not edge out all but the top one or two specs?

To be honest it wouldn't, and the damage needs tuning badly.

Healers have always had their advantages, own niche areas and that's what makes rift interesting. I mean shield specs will be better (should be) on newer content from mitigation, then the others become better as gear gets better and one sometimes replaces the other... some fights cater better for another class / spec and that should always be the case.

No fight should be a 'cookie cutter' affair, or should at least take talent / organisation to overcome.

I understand some of the changes came in because some found the experts too hard, but these changes ended up with dungeons becoming laughable.

I did my first 5 experts yesterday since coming back from a break and the tank healed everything, no healer required.

very sad state of affairs!

Arch.
    Last edited by Archaoss; 06-25-2017 at 06:52 AM.

I don't want to get too tied down with specific examples, because this applies to raids as well as dungeons... but.

The trouble is that normal dungeons were not the entry point in this expansion, nor the last.
    And this meant in NMT everyone was trying their hand and experts and having serious issues, either because the group was under-geared, non-experienced and or not organised enough to make use of members using cc in an efficient way.

What should have happened is normal mode should have been the entry point, experts should have been harder still, and if possible hard / master mode should have been brought back for longevity (a nice to have).

Besides the odd ability used to counter specific mechanics in raids the tank healing class is dead in the water,
    outdone and outshone by aoe healing specs and even on occasion a talented / op support spec.

I would like to add i don't think aoe needs a nerf, but as i and other posters here and elsewhere have put the damage outputs need to be altered to bring the ST healing back into rift. I mean i know the ST souls need some love, as previous nerfs have left them broken, but one step at a time eh.

Dungeon wise, trash and bosses have long lost their sting, and what little healing they require comes from the talents tanks already own or by spec'ing a few points into another soul.

but that's what happens when things get nerfed to high heaven.
    Last edited by Archaoss; 06-27-2017 at 04:24 AM. Reason: correction to last paragraph

It would be real nice to just get an opinion from the Dev's on the states of ST healing, in dungeons and rifts.

I would even open up the opportunity join us for an evening in just a dungeon or one of our raid nights just to show you how little they fit in to the grand scheme of things right now.

Would be the complete reverse to what people think Dev's do right now with useful feedback. I understand it's listening to moaning from new players which got us here but it must be obvious by now this was a mistake.

Arch.
    Last edited by Archaoss; 06-27-2017 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaoss View Post
    I would even open up the opportunity join us for an evening in just a dungeon or one of our raid nights just to show you how little they fit in to the grand scheme of things right now.

Just bring them through a TD with a 61 bard solo healing everything, should put Tank healing into perspective (motif is getting nerfed soon)

On the plus side people get to use 61 Phys on first boss irotp
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Just bring them through a TD with a 61 bard solo healing everything, should put Tank healing into perspective (motif is getting nerfed soon)

On the plus side people get to use 61 Phys on first boss irotp
    Indeed, and yet the focus seems to still be on that new player who joined last week who is unable to heal a normal dungeon in that healing spec he just put together.

Or, players in NMT going into experts either unprepared or with a group unable to use CC effectively... Its a shame more work hasn't gone into addressing this despite so much time passing since the expansion was released.

But if you want to involve the community in tuning this they will need the ST souls fixed first.
    Last edited by Archaoss; 06-29-2017 at 05:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread