+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current Class Comparison - DPS

Soulwalker

Default Current Class Comparison - DPS

Hi all

So I am coming back to RIFT after a long hiatus, and I am looking to start a new character. I generally tend to go DPS or Support, but I also occasionally heal

Now my question is, how are the classes in the current meta faring compared to each other, and how are the souls within those classes faring at the moment? I'm stuck in choosing between a warrior, rogue or mage.

Anyone who can give a detailed/semi-detailed breakdown I would very much appreciate your efforts, as I have been out of the loop for just under a year now.

Thanks

Champion of Telara

DPS

Warrior: Tempest
    Mage: 61 Harb
    Mage: 61 Pyro
    Rogue: 61 Bladedancer
    Mage: 61 Warlock
    Rogue 61 Assassin?
    Warrior: 61 Riftblade?

Support
    Mage: Archon by a fair stretch over Warrior: Beastmaster

My knowledge on Warriors and Rogues is limited, but that's my understanding at the moment. Tempest will probably get nerfed as there's a lot of unneccesary whinging going on right now.
    If they're the three you're choosing between, I'd go Mage. With 3 very viable specs and the best support in game, you'll always have a spot. And it's not like they'll nerf 3 souls all at once. Frostkeeper and Chloro are also great.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Rogue 61 Assassin?
    Assassin > Bladedancer

Plane Walker

Tempest from warrior is definitely the strongest of the 3 you're considering due to the lossless cleave elements and general ease of use / useful burst capability. At the same time, however, they're almost sure to be nerfed in some way in the coming weeks (or, ya know, months, if reaver is any indication).

Rogues are only viable right now because of assassin. Hard to say if that'll get nerfed, they might just leave it be because at least it's melee and rogues would have nothing without it lol. MM isn't awful or anything, and it's pretty easy to play, but it's just quite a bit (~100k or so for me) behind where the top dps specs are.

As it has been said here, mages have multiple solid dps specs right now (pyro and harb) but both of these are behind tempest / assassin assuming all 3 classes have the same gear and similar fragments. Mages would probably beat rogues in cleave situations though, because harb cleave / legendary firestorm. And yeah, they have the best ranged support.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 04-12-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    DPS

Warrior: Tempest
    Mage: 61 Harb
    Mage: 61 Pyro
    Rogue: 61 Bladedancer
    Mage: 61 Warlock
    Rogue 61 Assassin?
    Warrior: 61 Riftblade?
    Tempest is preferred just for its lossless cleave.
    Overlord is ahead in theory but on-par/just behind in practice.

Reaver & paragon (and champ in the right conditions) are a notch down and then everything else is another notch down. RIP riftblade.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

+ Reply to Thread