+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are the class/soul balances better or worse post 4.1?

Default Are the class/soul balances better or worse post 4.1?

4.1 was supposed to herald a big change in damage balancing as well as the release of TD. There wasn't much else actually going on with this patch, so has it worked?

Well from the looks of it.. no.. It just seems like a general swap around. Now primalists are way off the scale (similar to the old elemental mages). With warriors also showing some incredible deeps. Some under performing souls got very little attention and some not previously problematic souls have now become useless.

What gives? Will we see another rebalance soon? I just hope the devs aren't simply going to go silent now with 4.1 released and allow a payed class to just dominate the scene.

We must appreciate there will always be imbalance in class dps, that's just a given, and that's fine. But this should be in the difference of maybe 100k (and that's being generous). At the moment we have the differences of 300k lol... that's double another class. This level of indifference really isn't acceptable and we shouldn't allow ourselves to become accustomed to this attitude of "meh, this is how it is". I can also appreciate a couple of souls being forgotten about, there's a hell of a lot to track and balance, but at least make a few souls viable for each class. At the moment this clearly just isn't the case.

I guess all it takes is a Dev post saying "ye we're aware of this, we aren't finished with the balancing yet, we still need more time", and I think that would be a satisfactory answer.

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-08-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Chaser

Here is a similar thread on this topic.

I hope it does not take months again until they try to fix it. Instead of modifying complete mechanics, Trion should think about small percent adjustments that can be implemented more quickly. For this purpose, they need meaningful data according to which they can make the adjustments.

I would like to know how Trion receives this data.
    Can you monitor the data from the players directly in the game or just rely on your theoretical data from your spreadsheet ?
    Last edited by Bamul; 04-08-2017 at 10:08 AM.

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Can you monitor the data from the players directly in the game or just rely on your theoretical data from your spreadsheet ?
    They could and yes
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Here is a similar thread on this topic.

I hope it does not take months again until they try to fix it. Instead of modifying complete mechanics, Trion should think about small percent adjustments that can be implemented more quickly. For this purpose, they need meaningful data according to which they can make the adjustments.

I would like to know how Trion receives this data.
    Thanks for the link, I was expecting something like that in the class forums though.

The thread speaks sense, such obvious suggestions about small tweaks rather than huge overhauls, you really do wonder why they go for such drastic changes, particularly for such a small team. I'm really lost on this one.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread