+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best CC class in the game

Soulwalker

Question Best CC class in the game

What class has the most CC abilities? Does it use dots and/pets too?

That would be the Dominator. it's a mage class.

walked right into that one >.>

Havnt payed much attention to forums, till lately, but been following this game for a while. From what i can tell you currently, is there wont be a specific whos best at CC. Think certain classes that are designed to have CC will have there ups and down.

Take for instance the warrior class, right now it looks to me like the Reaver will have access to CC. Debuffing and possible slowing, gouging etc etc.

Inquisitor for the cleric class.
    Assassin.
    Warlock.

I could be completely wrong though, there is still 1 more class to be announced per ascended class
    Tribe Gaming

Fairly certain there will actually be many souls in each calling, most of which dont seem to be officially announced on the main page yet.

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Class

As far as I know they havent given us any idea just how many distinct options there will end up being. I wouldnt roll anything out at this point.

This has also been asked recently in a thread still on the first page:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...DPS...and...CC
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

The dot, pet plus CC class is left in wow. Go play some if you lone your imba warlock.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tevesh View Post
    The dot, pet plus CC class is left in wow. Go play some if you lone your imba warlock.
    Never ever played wow and never will! I did play Spiritmaster in Aion though and loved it so thats why I asked

What I want to play is a class that can control the situation, high dps is not all that important to me, it takes whatever time it takes to win ^^

Please... can we leave the wow trolling for other games... or at the very least wait until the game is past beta...?

Save the forums for genuine posts please, like the OP has done.

Soulwalker

Anyone know where u can find more information about bards in this game, its my fav class usually, wanna know what its gonna be like in this game.

actually you can create that in the mage class.. dominator warlock elementalist.. dominator is the cc/dot focused soul in the game from what we have been told.
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Quote Originally Posted by Splack View Post
    Anyone know where u can find more information about bards in this game, its my fav class usually, wanna know what its gonna be like in this game.
    There are other topics on it you could check out. However, the little we know;
    They've stated it's a very buff-heavy class with some backup healing potential. The minor amount of damage they deal will be light-damage and will probably mostly be used to generate "combo-points" which will go into buffs/heals etc.
    You can check out the skill-tree at: http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/builder/?calling=rogue
    T'was I who f'cked the dragon, f'ckalizing, f'ckaloo.

It will be a hard job to point one class,because we know that even warriors got some stuns .I can assume that the classes with no much survivability will have the most cc ingame.Now if it to guess ,i can see casters because rogues have chances to escape more often with they stealth and maybe some small tanking ability at lower levels.After a lucid thinking i got this conclusion.DPS casters will have the most CC in Rift.
    Last edited by Cyborg; 11-08-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    What class has the most CC abilities? Does it use dots and/pets too?
    Given that all of the CC abilities we've seen to date are balanced for PvP instead of PvE, I would not recommend holding your breath.

8 seconds, breaks on damage is just about worthless in a PvE setting.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 11-08-2010 at 03:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread