+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Algenei

Thread: Preserver vs Physician/other healers, am I doing something wrong?

Soulwalker

Default Preserver vs Physician/other healers, am I doing something wrong?

I've been playing preserver for a while ( pvp ) I always felt it was a bit weak, that I can't save people as much as other healers, and when someone is just low health but not taking damage, it still takes me forever to bring him to 100%...

I thought maybe it's gear or I don't know maybe all specs are like that...

But the more I played it the more it felt like it was super weak, so I made a physician spec real fast to compare, I didn't even read abilities, and without even using the class buffs, I just spammed active treatment on the healing dummy, buffed by maintenance therapy -my only legendary point spent- and I get over twice the healrate of preserver's full rotation including the burst..

What the hell?

And yes preserver shields, but even counting the shields the full rotation doesn't even get close to spamming 1 button on physician.

My best abilities on preserver don't even come close to heal as much as the physician instant 1 button spam... And of course physician has burst too.

Is preserver just freaking terrible and I just caught on?
    Or what am I missing?

People who played both specs, do you find similar results? Physician being massively superior to preserver?
    I'm asking but I don't know what else it could be... I mean I have zero ability on preserver that heals more than the phys spammable instant ( with maintenance therapy ), and that's just 1 ability+1 legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Algenei View Post
    I've been playing preserver for a while ( pvp ) I always felt it was a bit weak, that I can't save people as much as other healers, and when someone is just low health but not taking damage, it still takes me forever to bring him to 100%...

I thought maybe it's gear or I don't know maybe all specs are like that...

But the more I played it the more it felt like it was super weak, so I made a physician spec real fast to compare, I didn't even read abilities, and without even using the class buffs, I just spammed active treatment on the healing dummy, buffed by maintenance therapy -my only legendary point spent- and I get over twice the healrate of preserver's full rotation including the burst..

What the hell?

And yes preserver shields, but even counting the shields the full rotation doesn't even get close to spamming 1 button on physician.

My best abilities on preserver don't even come close to heal as much as the physician instant 1 button spam... And of course physician has burst too.

Is preserver just freaking terrible and I just caught on?
    Or what am I missing?

People who played both specs, do you find similar results? Physician being massively superior to preserver?
    I'm asking but I don't know what else it could be... I mean I have zero ability on preserver that heals more than the phys spammable instant ( with maintenance therapy ), and that's just 1 ability+1 legendary.
    Yep, has been this way since sfp came out. Primalisy, the class with limited playstyle options cant even heal in pvp anymore.

Oh and if you think physician is bad, take a look at fk. 33k st hps sustained with no aoe padding, heaps of passive hots, heaps of massive cds, like omg fk was built for pvp healing.

Plane Walker

I tried Preserver the other day and it's pretty sad how rubbish it is. 5 Games was enough no thanks.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

New Primalist Souls topic

Don't give up hope, primalist healing might not be the best or good enough or even decent or barely OK at this point, but it might be someday.
    [believe "things" can still be saved with the power of communication and common sense]

HA!

I came back to the game when Primalist came out. I gave it my all. I did everything in my power to try and make the spec useful. The only place i found any fun was in PvP and even then it was getting weaker over time as patches happened. So i just abandoned the game again.

I had spent so much time, effort, and real world money on the toon. I just felt so burned. Now I want to come back and im so afraid to pick the "wrong" class again that I am surfing the forums... but they don't seem as active or have as much up to date info that I am looking for
    Nitelyte | Preserver | Greybriar

Ascendant

Thing is (as I've said in other balance threads in the pvp section) the problem is that the balance is all over the place.

Preserver would be fine if these massive burst classes weren't in the game. It can deal fine against sustained damage, and his burst heal VS burst dps (of the 'normal' specs) is ok too.

But it can't do anything against the big bursty classes, or just a bit of focus fire from the enemy team. Can't save anyone, like FK does.

This kinda reminds me of a game I played (as dps) some time ago and I had 0 death the whole game, defending a point in BG dom, just because I had a frostkeeper shield on. The FK was at the other end of the map but was still keeping me alive, without doing anything. Ok I didn't get much opposition of course, but you get the point. He was "healing" me passively from that distance, while also pulling ridiculous healing numbers at the end of the map, saving everyone.

But yeah... The problem is that if you do nerf these broken op bursty classes so preserver is actually decent, then you basically make frostkeeper invincible. Lots of good frostkeepers are still close-to-never dying in the current meta with these ******** DPS specs... Make DPS more reasonable, and these guy will never die at all.

Preserver (and the other weak healing specs) are still useful if you don't have any better, but if the enemy team has any strong burst or any focus fire - which sometime even happen randomly, when people tab target the same guy without even trying- you're not keeping anyone alive, the burst is too strong. And if they address the burst, then FK's will keep their team at 0 death, which is equally stupid.

Edit : Oh and mobility is also a big issue. In a similar way to Inquisitor, preserver's mobility is really bad, and it doesn't get anything to make up for it. So there's healing specs who moves freely around the map while pulling twice as much heals of you force to stand still/move slowly.
    Same as inquisitor, if you force a spec to stand still, it should get something for it. MORE numbers, not less, than the fully mobile classes spamming instants/channelings.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 06-09-2017 at 08:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread