+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimples
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake

Thread: SFP 4.1 - Tanking and the "Legendary Hit"

Post SFP 4.1 - Tanking and the "Legendary Hit"

With raiding just around the corner in Star Fall Prophecy, I wanted to get this information out to others that haven't yet been to the PTS. The goal being to prevent you from "experiencing" this new dynamic in tanking, and wasting some unnecessary time like we did. The only place I found notes about this was in PTS thread where I was asking others to confirm what we found, and which was a bear to locate via a search.

After some testing the other night, and discussion on the forum's, we've come to find out that if you wish to tank in a raid, it is required that the Tank have all 61 points in their tank soul (if Warrior, then either 61 Paladin or 61 Void Knight). It is also required that you make that Level 61 Legendary. Gone are any type of Hybrid tanking specs in raids with the Legendary Hit introduction.

In Star Fall Prophecy, a new Tank dynamic is introduced in Raiding, "the Legendary Hit". All raid mobs (it might be just bosses though, but as there's no mobs, aka trash, yet in raids, I'm going to assume for the moment that it's everything) attacks are of the Legendary type. The ONLY way to not be instantly one-shot, is to take your classes level 61 Tanking soul Legendary ability.

The below Table contains the Abilities that you MUST chose to be your Level 61 Legendary Abilities for each class.

SFP 4.1 - Tanking and the "Legendary Hit"-rift-4.1-legendary-hit.jpg

My apologies on needing to use a picture to display this (preventing it from being searchable) but I could not locate on these forums the ability to create a Table (aka psuedo-spreadsheet) as other Forum software has.
    Last edited by Dimples; 02-26-2017 at 06:02 AM.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake without real sugar.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Come. Come with me. I will care for you.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

ClassSoulAbility
    ClericJusticarTotal Assurance
    MageArbiterEbb and Flow
    PrimalistTitanUpheaval
    RogueRiftstalkerSoul Coalescence
    WarriorPaladinProtector's Fury
    WarriorVoid KnightUnstable Void
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 02-26-2017 at 06:54 AM.

Champion of Telara

I don't believe every boss has a Legendary Hit in the raid, but definitely some.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Default ,,,

I've experienced getting 1-shot even with 61 points in tank soul + legendary point in the listed "legendary hit skill", while having the highest guard stat in the raid (multiple tries with different tanks)... I cannot confirm if the legendary one-shot is intended or just a bug - we can try and ask trion.., Cause like i said - i did met your requirements and still died to something that felt extremely irregular (boss' auto-attack which ignored all absorptions/shield skills, guard and armor and inflicted damage 3-4 times my hp as tank in 1st second of being taunted).

Meanwhile, a guild mate suggested it might be a glitch with copying character, but it remained a mystery.

(I'm a rogue)
    Last edited by Rakuda88; 03-06-2017 at 03:27 AM.
    [believe "things" can still be saved with the power of communication and common sense]

Champion of Telara

Were you a cleric? Some Legendaries just disappear. Maybe try to re-equip your weapon.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Plane Touched

Default ok

Just speculation, but could surviving a Legendary Hit be charge related for casters? Mage Legendary Misdirection and Swirling Winds give full charge, and have no other special utility over the non-legendary versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda88 View Post
    I've experienced getting 1-shot even with 61 points in tank soul + legendary point in the listed "legendary hit skill", while having the highest guard stat in the raid (multiple tries with different tanks)... I cannot confirm if the legendary one-shot is intended or just a bug - we can try and ask trion.., Cause like i said - i did met your requirements and still died to something that felt extremely irregular (boss' auto-attack which ignored all absorptions/shield skills, guard and armor and inflicted damage 3-4 times my hp as tank in 1st second of being taunted).

Meanwhile, a guild mate suggested it might be a glitch with copying character, but it remained a mystery.

(I'm a rogue)
    I had this same issue yesterday, where I selected the mastery, but it wouldn't save. Was out of combat. Had to completely reset soul for it to save correctly, then it was fine. Maybe this could be your issue?
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

+ Reply to Thread