+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rogue vs Cleric Healing?

Rift Disciple

I get the impression that people are saying that Warden is the best for groups and raids, but it is complicated.
    My problem is that during endgame groups and raids, some of the fights get so intense that I can't heal fast enough. Unfortunately, my hands aren't as fast as other people's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGantz View Post
    My problem is that during endgame groups and raids, some of the fights get so intense that I can't heal fast enough. Unfortunately, my hands aren't as fast as other people's hands.
    Healing is typically easier than dps in that regard. Speed of hands doesn't matter when you have a 1.5second gcd.

Meaning you have ~~1.5 seconds between pressing one button to press another, reguardless of what's going on.

I get the impression that people are saying that Warden is the best for groups and raids, but it is complicated.
    It feels fast because you aren't comfortable enough with warden yet.

Practice maintaining spray, flood, stream, and dangers of the deep (stand next to a target dummy) on yourself for a while and I bet you'll be less panicked about keeping up with healing when you have to do it in a real fight.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion 4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade 4.1 Reaver 4.1 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Fia

Yes, Warden has a lot less burst heal capabilities than let's say Sentinel does. I personally prefer healing with Sentinel, but Warden also works fine imo. You just have to get used to the different playstyle. (:
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Plane Touched

Which do you think is best? I've been told that Mage is the worst.
    People seem to believe that Rogue is best, which is strange since Clerics are the main healers in most games.
    There are different types of players. Some people live in a sandbox and can only look at one instance of the game. Others look at the game from a much wider angle. These are the players that see Rift for what it really is. An imbalanced mess where the developers sort of try to balance with FoTM balancing. However, that system also gets corrupted through neglect and favoritism.

Currently, when people talk about Rogue being better or OP healers its mostly in respect to PvP. When people talk about Cleric being OP it is in respect to healing in PvE. When people talk about Mage being OP it was because they could bring wild growth which buffed raid damage, living energy which reduced ability cost and do more dps while healing and the way that FrostKeeper can ST heal so well in PvP. Basically they can duo heal players as good as some ST healers can only ST heal one and they are tough to kill or counter.

90% of players, even the ones that are pro with that one role are one dimensional because they never considered the other parts of the game.Right now warden is op in AoE healing in PvE but Tact beats it into the ground in PvP. FrostKeeper is best ST in the game in PvP and PvE, that hasn't changed since it was introduced. Chloro will be getting changes so it acts more like a healer and not a healer that can dps and warden is starting to be looked at a little more by the devs to get it toned down in PvE. Warrior on the other hand is really good in PvP with warchanter but I don't see them much so I can't judge them in PvE and PvP totally. They definitely could heal all the current PvE content as a healer though.

These days they don't balance classes nearly as fast as they use to and its very easy to mislead the devs into making a bad decision. There is some times on cleric and mage during NT that I felt they were not too viable (excluding some raid fights) in PvP. Both as dps or heals prior to the the introduction of Frostkeeper for instance. In other cases I really think rogue came off pretty good back in NT and still are pretty potent in majority of Rift content all around. Warrior probably coming in second and only being held back by range damage. It is different for healers in this expansion. I really don't think any healer is as mandatory to have as it was in the earlier expansions. Like for instance, defiler or puri and warden pre nerfed MoM and CoA.

Also, keep in mind strictly healing isn't the bigger picture. You can very well heal for a lot and end up with half your raid dead. HPS doesn't protect against 200K overkills. There is more to consider when talking about healers like the cooldowns that grant damage reduction, or absorbs for instance. Those protect from instant death and are just as important to consider than just raw HPS.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-21-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Ascendant

If you are comparing tactician to clerics healing spec please beware...

1. Currently Warden are at least twice if not more powerful than tactician on live.

2. There are series of nerfs to Tact on PTS, you might want to check those out first if what's what you want to play. Basically Curative Torrent output has been nerfed by roughly 93% compare to live.

3. Enjoy w/e you choose to play.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-21-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    If you are comparing tactician to clerics healing spec please beware...

1. Currently Warden are at least twice if not more powerful than tactician on live.

2. There are series of nerfs to Tact on PTS, you might want to check those out first if what's what you want to play. Basically Curative Torrent output has been nerfed by roughly 93% compare to live.

3. Enjoy w/e you choose to play.
    And 3 months later bard can still single heal and support at the same time all of TD. Gratz on using one of the most broken classes in the game and not picking the poor cleric class. Play whatever is OP and enjoy.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-24-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    And 3 months later bard can still single heal and support at the same time all of TD. Gratz on using one of the most broken classes in the game and not picking the poor cleric class. Play whatever is OP and enjoy.
    I know Keyens mentioned that he liked the play style of a heal/support build so maybe we'll see more of those. In the meantime, it's a fun spec for me to mess around with. There are a few flaws that can be devastating in high active heal situations, but for the most part, it is able to compete with other raid healing souls while providing debuffs (though archon+bardphys is probably a better combination than just bardphys).
    R.I.P.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2