+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Solo tank

Soulwalker

Default Solo tank

Hello. I have played this game on and off throughout the years but mostly came back for a month to quit again. I had a question though to maybe be able to stick with the game.

Is there a build for a solo tank? One that can self heal reliably, have good survivability and do enough st and aoe dps to not make things excruciatingly slow? Prefer a sword and shield unless one without is leaps and bounds better. Which i think might be true cause I hear arbiter is really good.

I don't wanna tank in groups, I just like that playstyle for soloing. Being a juggernaut that gets through everything without too much worry. Thanks for all the help.

What you're looking for isn't called a "solo tank build", it's just called a "solo build" (or sometimes a "leveling build" or "questing build"). Each class has various iterations of this-- rogues, for instance, have the Bladestalker solo spec. If you look at the guide subforums for any given class, you'll see a number of builds along those lines.

None of them use shields, though, in no small part because of how drastically that reduces your damage output. Yes, it's a significant survivability gain, but the amount of DPS that you lose makes it a bad trade-off. Instead, solo builds drop DPS talents to pick up self-healing and mitigation, which gives you similar or superior survivability gains while losing much less damage.

Soulwalker

Ahh ok. I kinda figured that. I just didn't know if there was one like I described. Thank you for your time and help. I appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread